Hi.

I'm trying to install Whatsapp on my 9930 Bold on Sprint running OS 7.1. I have tried both the regular whatsapp and the beta. I can install them both, but I can't ever get them to fully activate. Has anyone successfully gotten Whatsapp to work on a CDMA (specifically Sprint) 9930 running 7.1 and could you help me? Thanks!
    02-25-12 04:33 PM
    I have a 9900 and a Vodafone connection, on International roaming with a 3G network, which is data enabled only (No voice).
    While setting up Whatsapp, the initial screen asks for the phone number and that it would send a SMS to verify your number.
    That being the case, it is just stuck on Waiting for Network; i presume it is because i have no voice capability and hence a verification sms is not being sent.

Is there a workaround to beat this or an exception of sorts?
    03-01-12 06:34 AM
    Where can I get whatsapp beta versions.?
    03-02-12 01:18 AM
    See my signature.
    03-02-12 11:48 AM
    I've been having difficulty with Whatsapp on my 9780 for a while and fixed it everytime.

I can't fix it this time with the chat history. I used to able to just replace the chat history by copying the old one and replacing the new one to retrieve my chat history.

This time, I'm getting an error:

"net.rim.device.api.database.databaseexception:cre ate table chat_history (jid text, dirty integer, unsent_line text, subject text, participants text, photo_id text, photo_bytes text, last_seen_id text, last_seen_from_me integer): database disk image is malformed"

I tried copy and pasting the old database to the the new one and it didn't work. Has anyone experienced this?

I was also updating my Whatsapp to the latest version from 2.7.2723 to 2.7.4675 and after updating my chat history won't come back.

ALSO - under the Whatsapp folder when my BB is connected , I see 2 files

1330970368651messageStore (7MB)

1330970368651messageStore.db-exception (1KB)

Normally it should just show messageStore
    Last edited by kjai; 03-05-12 at 12:34 PM.
    evil.bunny likes this.
    03-05-12 12:28 PM
    I need whatsapp cods files for my blackberry 8310. Upgraded now it won't work
    03-07-12 12:31 AM
    Anyone have feedback on the newer version? I keep getting notifications to update. AppWorld reviews aren't that great...but I take those with a grain of salt. Figured I'd get better feedback here.
    03-07-12 09:34 AM
    Hi,

I had updated whatsapp from BB appstore and after update i just can't open any of the chat windows on my curve 9380 (I can open whatsapp and go to every function just cannot open the chat window). Can anyone please help? I have sent a e-mail to support team for whatsapp but still no reply yet!

I've tried deleting re-booting and installing from the website still face the same problem.

Below are details of my device:

WhatsApp Messenger (ver 2.7.4781)
    Phone Number: +971507103831
    Account Status: retrieving info...
    lg: en
    lc:
    Expiration: retrieving info...
    BlackBerry Version: 7.0.0.513
    Build Target: 7.0.0
    BIS Push: OK
    Pin: 28eeb930
    Model: 9380
    Carrier: ETISALAT
    Current Coverage: [BIS yes] [BIS beacon yes] [DIRECT yes] [beacon no] [os6 apn no] [BES no] [WAP2UID=null]
    03-07-12 11:40 PM
    Can we get a damn changelog for WhatsApp BETA? Seriously.
    evil.bunny likes this.
    03-12-12 10:33 AM
    If you deleted the DB off the memory crd is there any way to recover the chats?
    03-15-12 08:38 AM
    If you deleted the DB off the memory crd is there any way to recover the chats?
    The chat history is stored in the DB you deleted. If you delete that DB, you cannot recover your chat history.
    03-15-12 11:25 AM
    I've installed whatsapp without doing proper research and although I knew it was working with phone numbers I ha expected to have the option to choose what phone number I wanted to add out of my address book.

I synch my address book with 4 address books on my outlook and they contain contact that I would never in my whatsapp or any IM, including stalker and number of people I saved so that I know I do not have to answer when they ring...but now they're in my whatsapp list!!!

It would have been nice to have the chance to manually selecting each contact or a entire category.

QUESTIONS:

For now I deleted the app - should I email the support and ask to de-register my number so people that have my number saved in thier address books do not see me there?

Is there any way to black adding all my contacts (700+) and just add the few ones I care to have in whasapp - or just one category? What if I wipe my bb address book and load an address book where I exported only the category of contacts I want, install whatsapp then wipe the bb address book and synch it again with outlook.

Would this work or whatsapp keep syncing with the address book once installed or does it require manual sync?
    03-16-12 07:36 AM
    Whatsapp auto syncs with your address book to detect who else uses the app. Even if you use an edited address book, it won't matter. You won't see them but the people who have your number will still see that you're on Whatsapp and if/when you do a status change on it. What you can do is block them within Whatsapp, that way you won't receive any messages from them. Down side is that they will still see your status.
    03-16-12 10:50 AM
    Just updated to latest version and it's buggy. When I receive new message while in the actual conversation, I don't see the new message. I would have to get out of conversation for the message to be shown.
    03-16-12 11:00 AM
    I'm experiencing that as well plus in the middle of messaging someone, I get the media card disabled message. I reboot my phone and everything is fine until I start messaging again.
    03-16-12 11:18 AM
    Whatsapp auto syncs with your address book to detect who else uses the app. Even if you use an edited address book, it won't matter. You won't see them but the people who have your number will still see that you're on Whatsapp and if/when you do a status change on it. What you can do is block them within Whatsapp, that way you won't receive any messages from them. Down side is that they will still see your status.
    What if I load a partial address book - install whatsapp then restore a full address book.

Will my full address book be pulled into whatsapp as soon as load it?
    03-16-12 01:10 PM
    I'm experiencing that as well plus in the middle of messaging someone, I get the media card disabled message. I reboot my phone and everything is fine until I start messaging again.
    Me too. Even sometimes when I restart it won't even show me my groups and chats.
    03-17-12 01:43 AM
    What if I load a partial address book - install whatsapp then restore a full address book.

Will my full address book be pulled into whatsapp as soon as load it?
    You could do this initially but every time you update or hit 'refresh' on the contact list within the app, it would re-sync with your current address book.

Not exactly sure what you wanted to do with a partial address book then restoring a full address book? You don't want to see certain people on the Whatsapp list? You can 'remove' them from the 'favorites' list (aka Whatsapp users) so you don't have to see them. Or just block them. This won't solve your original concern though of wanting to be 'invisible' to certain users. As long as they have your number in THEIR address book, their Whatsapp will detect/show you're a user.
    03-17-12 10:27 PM
    For the next update it would be nice to be able to exclude whatsapp from the bb-messeaging-app. Think it�s kind of annoying to have same whatspp chat windows in 2 different programs.
    So please, make that option available!!
    03-18-12 10:42 AM
    You could do this initially but every time you update or hit 'refresh' on the contact list within the app, it would re-sync with your current address book.

Not exactly sure what you wanted to do with a partial address book then restoring a full address book? You don't want to see certain people on the Whatsapp list? You can 'remove' them from the 'favorites' list (aka Whatsapp users) so you don't have to see them. Or just block them. This won't solve your original concern though of wanting to be 'invisible' to certain users. As long as they have your number in THEIR address book, their Whatsapp will detect/show you're a user.
    I dont want certain people to know that use whatsapp - being able to black them isnt enouh because certain people could be people that expect me to answer to their messages for example.
    03-18-12 11:55 AM
    Chat history retrieval is still inconsistent. After a reboot, there is a 50/50 chance that past messages won't be viewable on my 9780.
    03-21-12 10:12 PM
    hey, I'm on a Bold 9790 and updated today to the newest bundle. Then I installed whatsapp and it doesn't work anymore.
    I get this kind of failure: whatsapp tries to open a connection from inside to outside of your firewall, but your IT policy doesn't allow it.
    I don't have a policy, so I have no idea what's the problem.

It would be nice, if somebody could send me an older version to test!

Thx and greetz
    03-23-12 02:16 PM
    i installed the new whatsapp on my bold 9700 os 6 .570

since the install when i am sked to confirm country code and enter number, i am getting the error :java.io.IOexception: failed to transmit

and now my opera mini is not working either ,it says :connection failed,unable to connect.please review your network settings...

my data services are on,both 3g and 2g , i have BIS and i am getting EDGE written with full signals...

bbm and blackberry browser is working fine...

solution i thought was that i did a master reset,deleted everything and my cell was on factory settings again...installed opera and it was working perfectly,then i installed whatsapp and now both are not working again...

i am thinking some settings get changed when whatsapp is installed and i am unable to find what those are...

can anyone help me...all my browsing is done on opera mini and i desperately need whatsapp to communicate with some ppl asap...
    thanks in advance
    04-22-12 08:48 AM
    bump******
    04-23-12 07:12 AM
    Dear whatsapp,

I just bought my bold 9900 , and the only app I downloaded was the whatsapp , the problem is while chatting on the whatsapp I get the hourglass A LOT which makes it rly rly hard to keep on chatting. I can't figure a way to solve this problem.

Fyi I had the bb 8520 and I used to chat on whatsapp without any problem

I'm on 3G , I have OS 7.0, and btw I have the latest update 2.7.6401
    Pleaaaseeee whatsapp help me fix my problem
    04-23-12 07:51 PM
351 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD