hey,

got a problem....every time i reboot/battery pull my bb, all the current WhatsApp conversations in the messages app I have opened only displays the phone numbers, not the names. before I reboot/battery pull, it would display the names.

Whats going on here?

thx
    01-15-12 11:17 PM
    hi there!

I just purchased a 9790 and tried to install whatsapp but it doesnt work..

it asks for my mobile number...I put it... and then it validates...it validated successfully but then trie registration many times but fails... I was always using it on all of my previous bbs.....please help
    I think I know what your problem is lol..I just saw that you are using Etisalat in the UAE. They are quite notorious there for blocking stuff like this as they lose revenue from SMS messages. It worked before because it was already installed and now the are most likely blocking all new services to these applications. You need to probably install it using another SIM card from abroad and then use it in the UAE. They can block and ban an application already installed on your phone but can block you from downloading and installing on their carrier in the UAE
    01-16-12 07:40 AM
    Hello
    I'm new here
    And I've got a question. I have a blackberry since 6 months and used whatsapp, i love this so much.
    But my question is, if I can change the background like in the iphone and android version? Or maybe this is an option for future updates
    monipeni likes this.
    01-29-12 08:56 AM
    I tried this on my 9650, running OS 6.0.0.643 (hybrid)......most of the time when I would start WhatsApp, my berry would simply freeze. I tried upgrading it, but even with the upgrade, most of the time I would get a system freeze......

Very frustrating. No error messages at all. And most of the time the icon would be replaced by a generic system icon with no color......like a module icon. ......ended up deleting this.

I might give it a try down the road......
    01-29-12 12:57 PM
    BB curve 8520
    whatsapp working fine with wifi
    browser working fine..
    whatsapp giving sync error on phone network ( when no wifi is there )
    please help wht to do as i already did above steps but not working for me
    Last edited by tarunjain07; 02-02-12 at 03:37 AM.
    02-02-12 03:33 AM
    BB curve 8520
    whatsapp working fine with wifi
    browser working fine..
    whatsapp giving sync error on phone network ( when no wifi is there )
    please help wht to do as i already did above steps but not working for me
    Buddy its the same problem I face daily when I move from my workplace to home. The problem seems to be with network as operamini and downloading via it works fine. Bone in the neck is all the internet based applications--- which I suppose cease to sync with my changed location--- like appworld, FB chat, bbm, berryweather... and apparently whatsapp also happens to be one of them.
    Quick solution is to restart all networks connections via connection manager and try. And the last resort which always works for me is softreset aka betterypull.

I suppose ur frm India. Here's greeting from another Indian.
    02-02-12 05:50 AM
    Yesterday Whatsapp v.2.6.9372 ran well with wifi, but today after turn on the phone (Curve 8520 lastest version) and initialize it i had and i still have this: sincr. error:failed to transmit or local connection timed out after 60000

How can i use whatsapp without this error? (I haven't got blackberry conection, only wifi)

Please, help me
    Me, too. Whatsapp ran well yesterday, but now it get this error.

Plz help me.
    02-02-12 04:56 PM
    is the latest version better in terms of power management? I remember that V2.4(?) was a pain.
    02-02-12 10:24 PM
    Buddy its the same problem I face daily when I move from my workplace to home. The problem seems to be with network as operamini and downloading via it works fine. Bone in the neck is all the internet based applications--- which I suppose cease to sync with my changed location--- like appworld, FB chat, bbm, berryweather... and apparently whatsapp also happens to be one of them.
    Quick solution is to restart all networks connections via connection manager and try. And the last resort which always works for me is softreset aka betterypull.

I suppose ur frm India. Here's greeting from another Indian.
    hello dost !!
    thnxs for replying ....
    i tried battery pull and connection manager several times but any of the internet application is not working...i am really tired of trying nw i think i should buy some nokia or android phone
    please suggest some other ways to cure my phone
    02-03-12 12:56 AM
    hello dost !!
    thnxs for replying ....
    i tried battery pull and connection manager several times but any of the internet application is not working...i am really tired of trying nw i think i should buy some nokia or android phone
    please suggest some other ways to cure my phone
    I'd been a symbian user for 5 years. Was happy with what it did. Also used e series for two years; that too was quite well. And the reason I loved nokia was because I had never used a bb before!
    Bb IMO is the most flexible phone; u can make it behave however u like and it does.
    Android is a j*rk, trying to pull iOS. Didn't find it userfreindly at all.

Two reasons for which I love bb:
    Nokia lags, bb doesn't.
    Bb has a legendry qwerty, nokia has a horrible one

Now to ur problem
    Which network u hav?
    I hav vodofone, haven't activated BIS or BES yet. Even I wasn't able to use any internet based app before. When I call cc they kicked me off saying I can't use internet w/o BIS/BES.
    I then removed all the access points from my sim using my nokia. Then put back the sim back in my bb, opened Vodafone live from bb main menu. Closed it. Went to options>advanced options>TCP/IP>enabled APN setting>changed APN name to Vodafone live!> saved the setting. TADA!!
    Everything started working except bbm because it's routed thru bb servers for encryption.
    Hope my way to get it done helps u.
    Phew.... That was pretty long I wrote.
    Last edited by husainpatan; 02-03-12 at 05:25 AM.
    tarunjain07 likes this.
    02-03-12 05:21 AM
    yeah that was pretty long reply
    i am trying what u mentioned in the above message ....
    but i have some confusion regarding APN : i read every where on the internet to use 'portalnmms' but you asked for 'Vodafone live!' is these names interchangeable ??
    and lastly regarding authentication should it be enabled or disabled ..if enable then what to use as username and password ??
    Last edited by tarunjain07; 02-03-12 at 01:33 PM.
    02-03-12 01:26 PM
    yeah that was pretty long reply
    i am trying what u mentioned in the above message ....
    but i have some confusion regarding APN : i read every where on the internet to use 'portalnmms' but you asked for 'Vodafone live!' is these names interchangeable ??
    and lastly regarding authentication should it be enabled or disabled ..if enable then what to use as username and password ??
    1: Vodafone live! is the APN name for Vodafone internet services likewise Airtel Live is for Airtel. APN names changes according to ur service provider so call the cc and ask for the APN name.
    2: authentification Should be enabled.
    3:username and pass u leave blank.
    Save these and first open the wap link on ur bb main menu. Wap link icon is similar to bb browser icon and should read ur service provoders name. Exmpl Vodafone live!, Airtel live, and likewise.
    tarunjain07 likes this.
    02-04-12 02:07 AM
    1: Vodafone live! is the APN name for Vodafone internet services likewise Airtel Live is for Airtel. APN names changes according to ur service provider so call the cc and ask for the APN name.
    2: authentification Should be enabled.
    3:username and pass u leave blank.
    Save these and first open the wap link on ur bb main menu. Wap link icon is similar to bb browser icon and should read ur service provoders name. Exmpl Vodafone live!, Airtel live, and likewise.
    thanku boss ...for your constant replies and are really helpful..
    mine also is vodafone and also tried to ask cc for help ..same lame reply you need to activate Rs.399 per month bis/bes ..

i have a doubt when i will delete internet profile by inserting in the nokia phone ...when as i will put back sim back vodafone people will send settings should i save them or reject them or wht to do at that time ???
    Last edited by tarunjain07; 02-05-12 at 11:24 AM.
    02-05-12 10:21 AM
    thanku boss ...for your constant replies and are really helpful..
    mine also is vodafone and also tried to ask cc for help ..same lame reply you need to activate Rs.399 per month bis/bes ..

i have a doubt when i will delete internet profile by inserting in the nokia phone ...when as i will put back sim back vodafone people will send settings should i save them or reject them or wht to do at that time ???
    Damn yes!! That's what we want. Then go and change the APN from "blackberry.net" to "Vodafone live!"
    02-05-12 12:38 PM
    Damn yes!! That's what we want. Then go and change the APN from "blackberry.net" to "Vodafone live!"
    when the vodafone will send setting i have to save them or reject them ..??
    and vodafone people are asking for BIS Rs.399/month
    boss tried above setting but not working
    is there any thing i can do ??
    Last edited by tarunjain07; 02-05-12 at 11:11 PM.
    02-05-12 12:58 PM
    Hey
    husainpatan

i was searching on internet ..didn't get much but is may be something wrong with :-
    1.service books and can u share u r service book setting as i am using vodafone and curve 8520 (same as you) ?
    2.default browser configuration setting to hotspot browser ??

this post is really famous on internet
    h t tp://bb.anworm. com/?page_id=90
    i am not getting much from this ..if you think something is helpful for me from this post please tell..
    waiting for reply..really need that
    02-06-12 02:51 AM
    Hey
    husainpatan

i was searching on internet ..didn't get much but is may be something wrong with :-
    1.service books and can u share u r service book setting as i am using vodafone and curve 8520 (same as you) ?
    2.default browser configuration setting to hotspot browser ??

this post is really famous on internet
    h t tp://bb.anworm. com/?page_id=90
    i am not getting much from this ..if you think something is helpful for me from this post please tell..
    waiting for reply..really need that
    Send me ur Service Book screenshot
    02-06-12 10:44 AM
    I'm having strange problems with Whatsapp on 9700 =

1 - No notifications, alerts, icons, nothing.
    2 - Lots of blank chat slots with no numbers listed, and when checked inside the chat, it's with numbers/contacts I haven't recently talked to.
    3 - New incoming/outgoing messages aren't displayed in the chat unless I exit and re-enter the chat.

Help? I tried installing and re-installing, downloading the newest version, everything :/
    02-15-12 07:00 AM
    Hi, I've started experiencing history wiped out whenever I reboot my phone now. This is how it started, my SD card was corrupted so I backed up my files (including the Whatsapp folder) and reformatted it then placed everything back in. At first, Whatsapp didn't recognize my contact list, instead of names it would show just the numbers, after rebooting a couple of times, I went ahead and uninstalled then reinstalled it again. Now, every time I need to do a battery pull, when Whatsapp loads, all my open chats disappear and the only ones popping up are my group chats where it says that "so has joined.. so has joined.." without the chat history.

Should I just reinstall Whatsapp and delete the Whatsapp folder in my SD card as well? Another question, if I do delete the Whatsapp folder, do I lose the chat groups I made? Thanks.
    02-18-12 06:28 PM
    Hi,

I'm looking over at Australia's Boost Mobile's Blackberry SIM Pack and I'm quite attracted by the Unlimited services that they provide.

However, I think that this package doesn't come with any extra bundled data. Somewhere in the description it states - "Unlimited offer includes POP3 email, instant messaging and data through the BlackBerry� Browser and/or BlackBerry� Internet Browser."

If I were to use Whatsapp on this package, will I be using it without charges as it is considered using 'data through the Blackbery Internet Browser'
    OR
    will I be charged for using data OUTSIDE of the included package?

I'm sorry if my question is a bit confusing. I don't know how to explain it in better terms.

Thanks in advance guys!
    02-19-12 09:16 AM
    Hi, I've started experiencing history wiped out whenever I reboot my phone now. This is how it started, my SD card was corrupted so I backed up my files (including the Whatsapp folder) and reformatted it then placed everything back in. At first, Whatsapp didn't recognize my contact list, instead of names it would show just the numbers, after rebooting a couple of times, I went ahead and uninstalled then reinstalled it again. Now, every time I need to do a battery pull, when Whatsapp loads, all my open chats disappear and the only ones popping up are my group chats where it says that "so has joined.. so has joined.." without the chat history.

Should I just reinstall Whatsapp and delete the Whatsapp folder in my SD card as well? Another question, if I do delete the Whatsapp folder, do I lose the chat groups I made? Thanks.
    I've deleted the folder and still have my groups, however, it didn't seem to help with the chat history issue though.
    evil.bunny likes this.
    02-20-12 03:18 PM
    Thanks for the feedback sectionsix. I've been using this build for quite some time now.. so I thought it was my SD card that caused the sudden history problems. When did you encounter the history issue on your end?
    02-20-12 04:49 PM
    I normally double tap the BB button when in Messages to compose an email. After installing whatsapp, double tapping the BB button compose a whatsapp message instead. Anyone know how to disable that? I emailed the developer and they haven't replied yet. I hope they implement an option to disable that!
    02-24-12 08:54 AM
    I've deleted the folder and still have my groups, however, it didn't seem to help with the chat history issue though.
    Update on my problem, might work for you in case you didn't do it this way. I went into Media settings, and deleted the chat history. This wiped out all open chats and groups. Several hours later, my group chats came back on its own. I used Whatsapp with the groups and with individual contacts then I had to do a reboot and all my chat history was still there.
    sectionsix likes this.
    02-24-12 11:40 PM
    Update on my problem, might work for you in case you didn't do it this way. I went into Media settings, and deleted the chat history. This wiped out all open chats and groups. Several hours later, my group chats came back on its own. I used Whatsapp with the groups and with individual contacts then I had to do a reboot and all my chat history was still there.
    Cool, thanks for the heads up.
    02-25-12 08:19 AM
351 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD