Have you tried if other versions work for you? The one on App World and also one from WhatsApp for BlackBerry
    The last time I tried these locations, they all showed different versions. I have the latest beta installed and it goes off and on me. Right now, it's working but I expect it to go back to updating mode in a couple of hours. Also a note, when I get v2.6.2862 working I notice it has a tendency to freeze up my phone where pressing escape will take 20-30seconds before the phone responds.

And sorry for the this question, you do have enough credits/money in your account to send the SMS? Because the last time I encountered the SMS not working was when I realized I didn't have credit in my mobile account.
    04-05-11 12:14 AM
    Have you tried if other versions work for you?

The last time I tried these locations, they all showed different versions. I have the latest beta installed and it goes off and on me. Right now, it's working but I expect it to go back to updating mode in a couple of hours. Also a note, when I get v2.6.2862 working I notice it has a tendency to freeze up my phone where pressing escape will take 20-30seconds before the phone responds.

And sorry for the this question, you do have enough credits/money in your account to send the SMS? Because the last time I encountered the SMS not working was when I realized I didn't have credit in my mobile account.

I've tryed different versions (app world / whatsapp page / whatsapp beta) but no one works

I think i will go back to . 488 firmware and then i will try again.
    Perhabs its a prob cause of the leaked firmware.

Yes there is enough money on the card. It's no prepayed its postpaid so it should be no prob at all.

Thanks for help i will let you know if there is any solution.

Greetz
    04-05-11 04:29 AM
    Update on my end, messages were not sending this morning. I did a battery pull. Now, I am able to to update status successfully and refresh fav list without any sync errors. Messages are sent and read by friends on time and I get replies on time too. *crosses fingers*
    04-05-11 11:14 PM
    I installed .2939 last night and it loaded just fine. I'm STILL experiencing problems though, with lost threads after I do a battery pull. It seems random, so I'm clueless as to why this is happening.
    04-06-11 05:24 PM
    EnergyPlus, I haven't lost threads yet. I did notice that the day before yesterday there were times when I sent messages some threads would pop up with a warning that it could not save message history since there was no media card found. That's the time I would lose messages.

I'm still on .2862 and it's been working great for 2 days now. I'm afraid to upgrade and encounter the dreaded registering and updating loop again. Sticking to this one for a while.

Does Whatsapp explain what improvements they come up with with each update?
    04-06-11 06:46 PM
    i'm using whatsapp version 2.6.2970 on my Bold 9650 and have been experiencing delays w/ receiving messages. what's happening is, i'll open whatsapp and begin composing a message and as i begin to type, a flood of messages will come thru from the person that i am chatting w/. when i look at the time of those messages, they were sent from that user hours prior; however, i never received them. i hope that makes sense.....
    04-08-11 07:43 AM
    The old versions of WhatsApp is more fast and smooth and when I delete WhatsApp
    Chats from the BlackBerry Messeges it automatically deleted in WhatsApp

But now WhatsApp is so slow and when I delete the chats from
    BlackBerry Messeges it won't go from WhatsApp so I should deleted also from it

That's so bad!
    Please try to fix it in next updates
    04-08-11 09:47 AM
    I don't believe there really is any rhyme or reason to the things that happen with What's App. Their servers are sporadic and things will run like a champ for a while and, right in the middle of a conversation, bog down and even hang completely. I recently has a message sent to me (in the middle of a conversation) that did not show up for 12 hours, until I had done a routine battery pull..suddenly, there it was. As so many have said so many times, this is a great app, IF/WHEN it works, otherwise...zzzzzz.

Oh, as far as explaining anything, to answer Evil, the answer is "no" you just take your chances!
    04-10-11 02:48 PM
    I agree this app is great, when it works! I've upgraded to the latest, since I've noticed whenever I do a battery pull, Whatsapp pulls a tantrum (updating) anyway. I just leave it running to tire itself out and when I come back hours later, it's finally loaded.

If it's message delays and sync errors, must be their servers right?

Also, I've tried their group chats and they're really good and amazingly fast (again when the app is working! ). I do hope they fix this. I've experienced the delay, I am in the same room with an iPhone user (for testing purposes) and she gets it hours later. :eek

Oh, as far as explaining anything, to answer Evil, the answer is "no" you just take your chances!
    They don't update their website, Facebook or their Twitter account. The last one was about the high CPU usage.
    04-10-11 06:14 PM
    A family member downloaded the new version to his 9700 and it isn't working except on wifi and it also stops other apps from working when it begins to search for it's network when running on the data. Any advice?
    04-11-11 10:22 AM
    I haven't upgraded since my last post and just this week I've noticed that Whatsapp now is loading without any problems. After a reboot, usually it would take 2-5hours to finally load (I leave it running and check back once in a while). Now after battery pulls/reboots, once I open the app it loads immediately and messages are coming in fast and on time. I've also finally gotten an email from Whatsapp about my problem but since it's currently working...

Hope I don't encounter problems any more. *crosses fingers*
    04-23-11 10:00 PM
    Tried the send video feature. I sent a 4mb file to an iPhone user. The first time it froze my phone and I had to do a battery pull. Second attempt took some time. I got the clock icon and 2 failed attempts but finally it was sent and received 10minutes later.

Caved in and upgraded to 2.6.3007 and had no problems at all with the registration and updating. I also helped out a friend with her 9700 update and install this. Everything was set up fast.

Thanks Whatsapp team!
    04-25-11 09:50 PM
    I use whatsapp for long time and NEVER have problems
    I send daily messages and video and fotos to my family at the other site of the world. Chatting a lot daily.
    Always quick and always works great
    This app saved mi a lot of money for expensive calls to my family and no need to send fotos by email.
    Hope they can add voip in the future that will be great
    I'm on bold 9000 and upgrade whatsapp always now to ver 2.6.3007.
    My family use android phone and NEVER has any problem
    GREAT work whatsapp team.
    Works great with wifi and data plan

DelftEo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by delfteo; 04-26-11 at 11:47 AM.
    04-26-11 11:21 AM
    It is monumentally slow at time. Most times actually.
    Visually, it's a boring ugly app, like the minimalism of it, but it's still ugly for some reason. Looks like I designed the layout tbh. (Still better than the childish liveprofile and co designes)
    It adds people automatically. People you don't necessarily want on your list.
    Most people I know use it to connect to other platforms/device brands, so I use it!
    04-26-11 09:10 PM
    It is monumentally slow at time. Most times actually.
    Visually, it's a boring ugly app,

Nobody say you MUST install it !!!
    It's NOT a part of your BB OS
    Better to delete it if I was you.

DelftEo
    Last edited by delfteo; 04-26-11 at 09:51 PM.
    04-26-11 09:48 PM
    Nobody say you MUST install it !!!
    It's NOT a part of your BB OS
    Better to delete it if I was you.

DelftEo
    Huh? Are you the official Inter-web Keyboard Warrior hired by Whatsapp to defend their app's honor?
    04-28-11 01:38 PM
    Group chat is now available for Whatsapp on the Blackberry and iPhone.
    I keep getting pulled back into old group chats (that I've already exited and deleted) from time to time. Anybody else have this problem?
    05-28-11 12:09 PM
    Noticed that in my last 2 battery pulls (been doing it less frequently than I did before), my message histories are gone! Usually, once the OS loads and the app is opened I'll see existing/past messages per person under the Chats tab. Now the only thing in there is a group chat with no messages in it. I have set up the app to save messages in my Media card.

edit: I set the Message History to Off, Saved, set back to Media Card, saved. All chat histories appeared again. Bad news is that it reverted to all the chats when I first encountered this problem, so messages sent between then and now are lost.
    Last edited by evil.bunny; 06-21-11 at 10:53 PM. Reason: update
    06-21-11 10:37 PM
    So, whatsapp uses the internet plan to send sms to those who've whatsapp?

06-22-11 04:21 AM
    Noticed that in my last 2 battery pulls (been doing it less frequently than I did before), my message histories are gone! Usually, once the OS loads and the app is opened I'll see existing/past messages per person under the Chats tab. Now the only thing in there is a group chat with no messages in it. I have set up the app to save messages in my Media card.

edit: I set the Message History to Off, Saved, set back to Media Card, saved. All chat histories appeared again. Bad news is that it reverted to all the chats when I first encountered this problem, so messages sent between then and now are lost.
    I have the sane problem!
    06-22-11 04:30 AM
    So, whatsapp uses the internet plan to send sms to those who've whatsapp?

Yes, that's how it works.
    06-22-11 04:50 AM
    I have the sane problem!
    Scratch my last edit. I did another reboot today and all message history disappeared no matter how many times I tried to change the settings. Bleh!
    06-22-11 04:54 AM
    The WhatsApp FAQ is a little bit opaque on the subject of "push" notifications. The WhatsApp website says someplace that it uses push, but it appears to be in the context of the iPhone. Can WhatsApp confirm that RIM push API's are being used for BlackBerry communications? It would be either a battery drain or a slow refresh if the push API's are not being used.

Can someone from WhatsApp give us the low-down? My apologies, in advance, if this was covered somewhere previously.

Wes
    07-07-11 03:43 PM
    My message history won't save and it says

"Error: net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException: CREATE TABLE chat_history (jid TEXT, dirty INTEGER, unsent_line TEXT, subject TEXT, participants TEXT): disk I/O error"

right under the Message History option under Settings.

Also, Whatsapp messages stopped displaying under my "Messages" icon eventhough I've set it to do so.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!!!

xx
    07-18-11 02:03 AM
    I love the new update 2.6.5814 with the integration in the OS 6 dropdown banner. Thanks, guys, and keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Ibn la Ahad; 07-20-11 at 04:01 PM.
    07-20-11 03:57 PM
351 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD