03-29-10 06:59 PM
41 12
tools
    I've tried it, the user interface is pretty neat! The whole thing feels... "Official" haha. photo function, mentioning/going to usernames aren't as good as uber's, and the fonts can't be customised yet. But on the whole, it's a nice app with more room for improvement! For me, I'm still sticking with ubertwitter, it's a far more developed app. Th

Here's the link guys! Let us all know whatya think! http://www.theiexplorers.com/Twitter/twitter5.0.0.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 01:27 AM
    I definitely like the BlackBerry Twitter app more than the others, have been using it since I got my 9700 about a 1.5 months ago

03-24-10 02:13 AM
    Womp. I do not like it. Its too busy and the fonts are too large. Ubertwitter, ftw!

03-24-10 03:04 AM
    I've tried it, the user interface is pretty neat! The whole thing feels... "Official" haha. photo function, mentioning/going to usernames aren't as good as uber's, and the fonts can't be customised yet. But on the whole, it's a nice app with more room for improvement! For me, I'm still sticking with ubertwitter, it's a far more developed app. Th

Here's the link guys! Let us all know whatya think! http://www.theiexplorers.com/Twitter/twitter5.0.0.jad

The Twitter for BlackBerry app is decent. I have been playing with a couple and so far Uber is the most consistent as far as features and ease of use. RIM has a good app so far and will probably rank high in downloads since it is very close to the web version. I downloaded Tweet Genius earlier today and that app really has it together. I have a problem wanting to pay for an app but this one in particular could convince me!

03-24-10 03:15 AM
    I like it. But I'm still debating on which is better uber or twitter

03-24-10 03:16 AM
    Definitely Ubertwitter for me at this point of time! Unless it can be proven the stock Twitter app could save memory and battery life......
    03-24-10 03:39 AM
    It's not

Twitter for blackberry doesn't
    Show the yellow for @mentions, or any other color
    Show the green for Direct messages, or any other color
    have user selectable fonts and sizes
    cache tweets

however it does
    miss tweets ALL the time
    and looks really girly.
    resize all pictures when you upload pictures

Last edited by mjneid; 03-24-10 at 07:17 AM.
    03-24-10 07:13 AM
    I'll try it. I'd like my BlackBerry Twitter experience to look like the normal email experience - makes it easier to steath-Tweet in boring meetings and what not...

03-25-10 02:05 AM
    makes it easier to steath-Tweet in boring meetings and what not...

Lol. I love UberTwitter as it's so efficient! I could care less how close apps look to their desktop counterpart if they are easy to understand, the UI isn't ugly, it has close to all capabilities of the desktop counterpart, and is easy to use.

03-25-10 02:20 AM
    Sorry, I should have said, I'd like everything on the BlackBerry to look and feel BlackBerry. If most applications look boring, I don't want one to look exciting on me!

03-25-10 02:24 AM
    The official version with probably a lot of improvements over the Beta is scheduled to be released on 3/31/10. I think if they want to be the best Twitter app out there, they need to incorporate push notifications.
    03-25-10 09:04 AM
    I like the ui ubertwitter is boring imo.

03-25-10 12:28 PM
    It's not

Twitter for blackberry doesn't
    Show the yellow for @mentions, or any other color
    Show the green for Direct messages, or any other color
    have user selectable fonts and sizes
    cache tweets

however it does
    miss tweets ALL the time
    and looks really girly.
    resize all pictures when you upload pictures

And has a cramped up UI should also get an honorable mention....
    03-25-10 12:31 PM
    Just downloaded... the app is cool. I still like Ubertwitter better, but it's not horrible.
    03-25-10 12:42 PM
    I like it. I still don't see the point of a twitter app in general though. SMS are pushed immediately and I can choose which ones I want on my phone. All the apps are based on the desktop client and I don't like that

But let's throw some pointers up. I noticed hitting R brought up the reply screen for the highlighted tweet...anyone else notice any helpful keybd shortcuts or tips? Maybe for RTing, DMing, faving, etc...or switching btw views timeline, @replies, trending topics etc

RIM's online help guide is garbo

03-25-10 02:01 PM
    I like how Twitter for Blackberry loads much faster than UberTwitter but UberTwitter still win cause it shows more (less scrolling) and highlights DM and @mentions
    03-25-10 02:09 PM
    Maybe I don't get @replies as much as yall, but I haven't noticed any problem there

I did see that B takes you to the bottom, as per usual, and the T button goes to the top, and specifically into the input box for tweets. F brings up the retweet dialog (new style of course) so think "forward" didn't notice any others but I didn't try alt combinations with all the keys

Oh and here's a radical idea...how bout the cb launcher turns into a full blown app, with push notification of responses to subscribed threads and integration with the messgaes app. Thatd be way better than getting a bunch of emails

03-25-10 02:16 PM
    I have both apps on my Tour I love the UI (as in the colors) on the Twitter for BlackBerry but I prefer the functionality of UberTwitter better! Tweet Genius is amazingly beautiful and the UI is awesome but why pay for it, when you have Uber?!!
    03-25-10 02:35 PM
    Ugh...I was really excited upon seeing this app...and even moreso when I saw the lovely interface...but so far, it seems I am unable to edit ReTweets, which is a HUGE fail on RIM's part for me...unless anyone knows how to get around this?
    03-25-10 03:39 PM
    I can wait until the official release. I'm in love with Socialscope
    03-25-10 04:53 PM
    I like socialscope but Blackberry twitter isn't too bad.

I do have 1 gripe though - how the hay can you get the app to "alert" you to new @replies and DMs?

I do NOT want to be alerted for every single tweet my followers make, just the DMs and @replies to me.

Anyone know how to go this?

03-25-10 05:36 PM
    Wow! I am so happy I found this! I love it!!!!
    03-26-10 01:56 PM
    I like socialscope but Blackberry twitter isn't too bad.

I do have 1 gripe though - how the hay can you get the app to "alert" you to new @replies and DMs?

I do NOT want to be alerted for every single tweet my followers make, just the DMs and @replies to me.

Anyone know how to go this?

You wouldn't happen to have another SocialScope invite for the 'ol f29 would you?
    03-26-10 01:57 PM
    Well although I like the application, even with the auto-update set hourly, it appears to have killed my 9700's battery. Uninstalled for the time being...

03-26-10 02:03 PM
    Hm, I don't seem to have any battery drain. I have it set to every hour as well.

03-26-10 02:12 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD