04-15-10 11:18 PM
51 123
tools
    So, I'm officially a beginner twitter user (sad, I know....). I downloaded the app two days ago, and yesterday set up an account and made a tweet, just to say that I did. I then posted a second one for kicks, and left it at that. They posted just fine, I could see them, and life was good.

However, now every few minutes, my phone will buzz and alert me. When I check it out, it has a notification icon above the Twitter icon, and it also shows a message in my Messages application saying that "You have new tweets!" However, when I click on that, it just loads up the twitter app and shows my two tweets below the "What's happening?" field. Nothing more!

Then when leaving the phone for a few minutes, it will come back and alert me and do it all over again!

Anyone else experience this before? I'm not sure why it's alerting me, and what "new tweets" I have, because I have only followed one other user, and they haven't updated for quite some time. It's starting to really get on my nerves!

Thanks!
    04-11-10 01:27 AM
    I'm half asleep so I honestly didn't process your while problem.but I would just install ubertwitter and wait until the blackberry Twitter app gets out of beta form
    04-11-10 02:18 AM
    That happened to me for awhile too but it stopped. I'm not sure how or why. You watch though - it'll start chirping now that I posted this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 02:46 AM
    I have noticed that as well. Doesn't happen as much as it used to (I changed the update to 1 hour).

04-11-10 06:20 AM
    I downloaded/installed 2 days ago........no problem. Works fine..............from my reading it appears to be working fine for most. There a few people who would like to see 1 or 2 different features/functions added. But.......operation appears to be fine.

I'm not a pro.......but.......I would say do a battery pull and it will probably be fine

Good luck!!!
    04-11-10 08:24 AM
    Try a batt pull, might help
    04-11-10 08:36 AM
    Check for a direct message from RIM. Each time I've downloaded t4bb it leads off with a welcome message.
    04-11-10 08:58 AM
    I am a heavy Ubertwitter user. I downloaded Twitter for Blackberry 2 days ago when it came out. There are some features I like and would be happy with the app except for as others have mentioned it kept notifying me of new tweets almost constantly. I set the notifications to the longest interval which is 1 hour but that didn't seem to help. Ultimately, with the app constantly searching for tweets, the battery wore out really quickly. Last evening I deleted the app and went back to Ubertwitter. I will be happy to try the app again when the bugs are worked out!
    04-11-10 09:35 AM
    When I first started the app I got a direct message from t4bb..check your toolbar in the twitter app for notifications..or try deleting the direct message..that worked for me. If you need any help you can hit me up @80_sixed on twitter.
    04-11-10 09:44 AM
    I also noticed a battery drain..I use bebuzz so I went into options and turned off the LED and audio notifications..it seemed to help some
    04-11-10 09:49 AM
    I had battery drain and retweet issues.
    I would hit retweet but it wouldn't show up at all....no issues with uber....
    04-11-10 09:51 AM
    If ubertwitter gets a toolbar like twitter for blackberry..someone PIN me cuz I'd switch back.
    04-11-10 09:54 AM
    I can't get the "t" for new tweets or reply icons to go away on top banner. Any suggestions? I logged out but no luck

04-11-10 12:28 PM
    Do you have a new message indicator outside of the app?
    04-11-10 12:31 PM
    I also noticed a battery drain..I use bebuzz so I went into options and turned off the LED and audio notifications..it seemed to help some
    Don't need bebuzz to do this...

Also, funny how some people say it polls too often and others say they need something less than 5 minutes!

Oh and I've never had the problem you guys are experiencing

04-11-10 12:37 PM
    I agree..its either too much or too little..I just used berrybuzz as an example of how my options are set up..but being there's a constant reminder of new tweets, I just found it more convenient to have the only alert I get to be a small icon in the indicator bar..less annoying and easier on battery life
    04-11-10 12:43 PM
    The message indicator is like u have at top for text or email. There is no * on actual t icon

04-11-10 02:02 PM
    Whenever I see the 't' notifications I go to messages..its threaded so to speak..I dunno if that may help..or even make any sense lol..
    04-11-10 02:06 PM
    The message indicator is like u have at top for text or email. There is no * on actual t icon
    This isn't true. You can have a notification (icon) that has an indicator (*) on it. This is true for email, sms, and twitter. It shows that there are unread messages that you don't "know about" since you haven't went to the app to "see" them

04-11-10 02:55 PM
    Since installing the Twitter App I too have noticed that my battery is draining in about 8 hours, compared to about 3 days previously. This is even with the notifications switched off. I'd like to delete the application but when I highlight the Twitter icon and press the Menu button the Delete option is not there. Any suggestions on how I can delete or uninstall?
    04-11-10 04:23 PM
    I was going to install it and use it too....but then I read this thread. Now, I cant get rid of the app either
    04-11-10 05:00 PM
    To delete an app, on your berry go to options>applications>find app you want to delete>delete app.
    I have had it since the early beta and have no problems as noted. The battery drain isn't there for me either. I wonder if the problems are related to the newest public release. I have version 37 too but didn't reinstall when it went public. Weird but it is in beta so to use beta stuff you need patience

My app is set to 1 hour if it matters
    04-11-10 09:38 PM
    I really like the app, but had to delete it. My battery went dead quick, which is very rare for me. I could not get the "1t" icon for new tweet or reply to go away. And the app would not notify me of new replies!
    04-11-10 10:02 PM
    Well, I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. After reinstalling it and logging in, I got the blackberry message this time. After reading it and closing out the app, a short while later I got alerted again saying that I had more tweets available!

Grr, I'm surprised this isn't more of a widespread issue. It sounds like a few of you have had the issue as well, but not too many. Any other ideas as to what could be causing it to do so?
    04-11-10 10:16 PM
    This app works very well for me. The best RIM app I've ever used, in fact. I did get battery drainage on the older beta, but this version is a beauty! I deleted ubertwitter about 2 days after I installed the BB app and haven't looked back.
    04-12-10 07:23 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD