ok so the official twitter app was released and i was wondering can this app run fully on wifi? i dont want to be charged on my data plan for useing this.
    04-09-10 03:34 PM
    Well, i can turn my network signal off and the App will infact run off my Wifi connection. But if your saying do you need BIS/BES to use it, that i have no idea.
    04-09-10 03:51 PM
    oh ok thanks
    04-09-10 05:41 PM
    Anyone running the official bb twitter notice that the version running now is set to expire on June 30th? Is there any rumors of a new version in the works set to be released or are we gonna be left out in the dark when June 30th comes around? Anyone know?
    06-21-10 02:50 PM
    I just check mine and don't see the June 30th expiration.
    06-21-10 02:59 PM
    It was on their TOS that you have to accept when you first run the app. At least it was on mine. Plus apparently the .40 version currently out there is a "beta" so at some point it has to expire when the official one comes out or a newer version hit the market.
    06-21-10 03:26 PM
    .40 is on App World, so I don't think it's beta.
    06-21-10 03:29 PM
    You need a data connection (not wifi) to run the application for the first time. AFter that I believe you can run it via wifi.
    06-21-10 03:30 PM
    .40 is on App World, so I don't think it's beta.
    Here is what I dug up from www.blackberry.com/beta (the beta zone for tester) That is why I originally asked about this beta expiring.

Welcome to Twitter for BlackBerry® smartphones!
    Welcome to the Twitter for BlackBerry® smartphones beta program! As we ramp up with this exciting new beta program, please take some time to read the information below:

Discussion Boards
    Use the discussion boards to discuss the application, share information and troubleshoot issues related to Twitter for BlackBerry® smartphones. Openly provide comments and suggestions to us as well as other beta participants – we want to hear what you have to say!

We encourage you to post as many comments as you'd like under the discussion board categories that interest you. Additional discussion board posts will be added as discussions progress in order for you to share your thoughts and feedback on Twitter for BlackBerry® smartphones. The forums are a place for you to freely share your ideas and discuss the application – all we ask is that you respect your fellow community members and follow the BlackBerry Beta Zone Terms and Conditions of Use.

Surveys
    Surveys will be posted in the Survey section for you to complete. All surveys will be open for a week and are strictly confidential. Please take the time to complete surveys by the given deadline.. If you have any questions about surveys or are unsure of what a question is asking, feel free to post these questions to one of the discussion board categories.

Feedback
    The feedback section will allow you to send direct feedback to Research In Motion if you experience issues with Twitter for BlackBerry® smartphones or, have feedback/questions. Like surveys, feedback received through the feedback forum will remain anonymous.

Software Downloads
    Twitter for BlackBerry® smartphones client version 1.0.0.40 is available in the Downloads section, as well as through the Test Center category in BlackBerry App World. Please note that these client versions are the same - the only difference is the distribution mechanism.

Once you have installed the Twitter for BlackBerry® software, use the application like you normally would. Post tweets, retweet posts, compose @mentions, find friends, etc. While using the application, try to keep the following in mind: does the application meet your expectations? What are your favourite features? Where do you see room for improvement? Are there any missing functionalities? Use the Discussion Board to voice your opinion. We want to hear your thoughts!

If you encounter any issues, post a comment in the discussion board. A RIM moderator or a fellow beta participant may be able to assist you.

[Note: While RIM Moderators may post a response to help, we are relying on the beta participants to help each other out with questions and troubleshooting.]

Thank you once again for your interest, and welcome to the Twitter for BlackBerry® smartphones Beta Program! I look forward to hearing what you have to say about the application!
    06-21-10 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD