06-06-13 10:26 PM
215 ... 789
tools
    Unfortunately RIM does not seem to be ineterested at all into improving at all.. I think if they wanted they would have done it already.. Ver 1.7 is out for so long and we have seen 0 improvements.. I was checking again last night FB app on iPhone which is a PROPER application!
    I agree.
    I was in my Verizon store the other night and was messing around with the Droid's Facebook app. Although I didn't have a lot of time with it, I can safely say that it is beyond what BlackBerry has at the moment.
    01-24-10 07:03 PM
    Why do I keep getting an error whenuploading photos using the fb app on my bb? I've got no problem updateing status or writting on wall. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 07:24 PM
    Thanks to whoever it was that recommended using the Bolt browser for use with FB. It works great. Think I'll still use the factory loaded browser for everything else.

Still have an occational issue with uploading photos

01-27-10 06:00 AM
    I just installed FB 1.7.0.22 and now I no longer have the 'F' icon. Where did it go? I have deleted and re-installed numerous times today, but unless I go to facebook.com, I don't have any thing for Facebook.

Can anyone help? Or does v1.7 not offer that option anymore? I was looking for something like a HUD or main short cut menu that my previous version contained.
    Last edited by depassman; 01-27-10 at 12:13 PM.
    01-27-10 12:09 PM
    I hate how slow the facebook app is so I highly recommend using Opera Mini Beta 2 and going to the facebook touch site (touch.facebook.com), it displays beautifully, is fast and works flawlessly.

You don't need a touch phone for this, I'm on the bold 9700.

01-28-10 05:15 AM
    like on the PC? I even tried with Bolt! I finally ended up on the PC.
    01-30-10 09:27 AM
    Facebook and myspace app is terrible I just go on the browser and use the mobile myspace/facebook

01-30-10 11:39 AM
    Fix for photo upload issues! I was getting the "A connection could not be established to the Facebook server" error message. I even called Sprint and had my phone reset which was terribly inconvenient! I had pretty much written Facebook off when I figured out a solution.

This worked great for me!. I downloaded the Bolt Browser App from Crackberry and it actually let's me open the Facebook web page. There you can click the "add photos" link inside the desired album. Then, scroll down to the bottom and use the "simple uploader" link. It gives you the option to upload 5 photos at a time but I found it to be much more reliable uploading one at a time. I was able to upload several photos that I had been trying for weeks. Worked great for me. Hope this helps you too!

Last edited by thunderkissing65; 03-11-10 at 09:31 AM.
    03-11-10 09:26 AM
    So I was wondering...I have the option for integrating with the calendar turned off, but I still get a facebook calendar on my phone. Is this because of the option to integrate with the contacts, which i have turned on? it does say "enabling this feature will periodically send copies of your blackberry device contacts to facebook inc to match and connect with your facebook friends. profile pictures and information about you and your facebook friends will aso be periodically sent from facebook to you blackberry contact list and calendar..."

there is a s sub option about changing contact photos for facebook profile pics, but there isn't a similar option regarding the calendars. i like having my contacts synced and the pictures updated, but i don't want their bdays in my calendar, especially with all the calendar issues my bb has...i have four copies of one dude's bday!
    03-29-10 07:12 PM
    Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I'm surprised that either no one else is having this problem, or I cannot find it.

I have the facebook app set to sync pics like it's supposed to. That works fine. I sync my blackberry to my PC's calendar, contacts, etc... that all works fine.

What annoys me is that when I sync, my Blackberry keeps creating folders in my PC's "<User> - Pictures" folder of random facebook contacts, with folder names consisting of seemingly random numbers like 576869378375, and containing one small image each of a facebook contact's profile pic with the FB "F" icon on them.

I have deleted these folders and re-synced, and it does it again, but it seems to be different friends it creates folders for each time.

Anyone? Kind of annoying... I don't need my neatly-organized pictures folder filled with random stupid folders.
    06-04-10 12:14 AM
    my facebook account was somehow deactivated and ever since i reactivated it last week i havent been getting notifications on my phone! ive tried deleting the app of my desktop facebook page and phone and then reinstalling it, checking all the boxes to get emails! restarted my mobile a milion times and still nothing! the notifications box is checked and everything seems to be set up right but still nothing works!
    can anyone else think of something??
    01-19-11 11:48 AM
    is there a way to delete the notifications out of my inbox but keep them on facebook?
    01-21-11 09:11 AM
    The profile pictures automatically update never worked on my phone with any OS and any version of FB app. How did you all get this to work? I always have to manually update. I have it set to automatically update, but never does it.

01-21-11 09:44 AM
    This may be the wrong place for this. All these forums is sometimes confusing. I searched "Facebook".

On Z10. I can load my news feed. Post my own status. Almost everything. But often if i chose to view my own page i get the error message

"There was a problem connection to Facebook. Please check your connection and try again".

I get this on WIFI and 4G.
    04-04-13 01:54 PM
    Anyone getting a bug whereby you are receiving "ghost" friend requests from people who are already on your Facebook friends list? I'm using BB Facebook 4.0.0.13 on OS 7.1.0 bundle 2435 on a 9900.
    06-06-13 10:26 PM
215 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD