Kevin put the nail on the head pretty much. I'm new to apps and was really surprised as I went through the app at how friggin useless it was for actually "facebooking" I wanted to search for someone I knew was on fb ... No dice. Just 'invite' lame.

Only like is the photo upload thing. I was apprehensive of linking my main email to FB cuz I don't want 100 notifications in my inbox. I learned my lesson with myspace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 10:32 PM
    Double post sorry
    Last edited by kirksucks; 10-20-09 at 10:36 PM.
    10-20-09 10:33 PM
    Well, I like the look of it more. I like that I can like but seems like I can't see who liked it and if I like it then it notifies me. Also, I was really hoping for a hide..some of my friend's statuses and some of the feeds I so don't want to see! I won IM+ here so I have fb chat if it would stay connected! I like it pretty good so far. Those seems to be my only gripes. I am kinda surprised you can't hide this time. But if I hide on my PC will it take care of it...
    10-20-09 10:44 PM
    Is there anyway to chat on the facebook app? If not, is there an app that lets you chat to your facebook friends?
    10-20-09 10:46 PM
    i wish meebo had a BB ap.
    10-21-09 11:38 AM
    Well, I like the look of it more. I like that I can like but seems like I can't see who liked it and if I like it then it notifies me. Also, I was really hoping for a hide..some of my friend's statuses and some of the feeds I so don't want to see! I won IM+ here so I have fb chat if it would stay connected! I like it pretty good so far. Those seems to be my only gripes. I am kinda surprised you can't hide this time. But if I hide on my PC will it take care of it...

I noticed that even if I hide people on my pc, they still appear on my phone anyway.
    10-21-09 12:55 PM
    I haven't gotten any notifications since the upgrade this morning.

10-21-09 01:54 PM
    Overall I actually find 1.7 to be useful now, and does most of what I need while on the go. It's faster than 1.6, and actually shows the entire news feed instead of just status updates. Seeing that half my friends post photos or links, this is a big deal to me.

It also handles hiding users if I hid them on the web. I can accept invites as well as send them. Woot! Would be awesome if I could invite based on name (instead of just email address).

I wish I could see who "liked" a post. I wish I could adjust the font size to be smaller too. Would also like to be able to see my Inbox. But seeing that messages still appear in my BB Messages app, this one is debatable.

Not bad... I have just as many complaints about the web app on the BB. Mostly due to BB's crappy browser.
    10-21-09 02:26 PM
    I haven't gotten any notifications since the upgrade this morning.

I haven't received any notifications since around 7 am today. Everything worked perfect last night
    10-21-09 02:29 PM
    Can anybody provide a workable link to re-download v1.6.0.21?

v1.7 doesn't work in Saudi Arabia, thanks.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ota...lx-cod-341636/
    10-21-09 02:29 PM
    What's the latest version of FB people have currently which works on a Curve 8900 from AT&T running 4.6.1.231

I'm still running v1.5
    10-21-09 02:31 PM
    I think you can set your settings and then notifications to notify you if someone likes something of yours, right? Or do you already have those turned on? Too many of those, I have mine turned off.
    I have notifications turned on. So not being able to see who likes something from the app is low priority to me. But I can see how if you have a lot of friends, notifications would be overwhelming, so you'd turn them off. In that case, you couldn't see who liked your post... just a count. I am fortunate (in a twisted sort of way) that no one likes me. ;-)
    10-21-09 03:00 PM
    No notifications as of this morning.
    10-21-09 05:11 PM
    is version 1.7 properly out yet? i had a BBworld notification to upgrade, but the upgrade wasnt available until a couple of days later. checked BBworld again today and found the latest version available for download was 1.6....even though i have successfully upgraded. most odd

also i find 1.7 to be mighty slow in refreshing statuses etc
    10-21-09 05:46 PM
    Actually just realized I'm on 1.6 not 1.5! When did that happen? lol

So thinking I may stick with this rather than upgrade yet to 1.7???

10-21-09 06:44 PM
    Just updated to 1.7 on my Tour. How do you change the notifications? It's only vibrating and I'd like to set an alert so I know that's it's facebook instead of an email or text.
    10-21-09 07:47 PM
    Ever since I have installed facebook v.1.7 I havent recieved any notifications, and they are turned on. blahhhh
    10-21-09 08:52 PM
    I gave up for whatever reason 1.7 will not work on my curve

10-21-09 08:59 PM
    version 1.7 has not worked properly since i upgrade. i even uninstalled and reinstalled it. FACEBOOK APP FAIL!!!!!
    10-21-09 09:48 PM
    version 1.7 has not worked properly since i upgrade. i even uninstalled and reinstalled it. FACEBOOK APP FAIL!!!!!
    haha true story, can we downgrade back to the 1.6verison?
    10-21-09 11:35 PM
    haha true story, can we downgrade back to the 1.6verison?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ota...lx-cod-341636/

Download and reinstall. I suggest removing v1.7 first as installing over the top of 1.7 caused a fatal error and restart.
    10-22-09 12:01 AM
    No notifications for me either since I've installed v1.7 yesterday. What went wrong?
    10-22-09 04:55 AM
    All kinds of issues on my curve. Taking forever accessing any photo comments if it actually does it at all. Doesn't allow any access to a group status notification. "cannot be accessed at this time, blah, blah..."

But it's a tradeoff w/1.6, In 1.7 I CAN access and respond to folks posting on iPhone- that didnt' work in 1.6. So you're caught betwixt and between.
    10-22-09 10:40 AM
    No notifications for me either since I've installed v1.7 yesterday. What went wrong?
    Have you try validating your email in your handset? Hope it works as mine before. Some of my friends having trouble login their FB. Is there any problems in FB server?

10-22-09 10:40 AM
    I have 1.7 and haven't had any issues with it on my vzw 8830. I would like to know if you can default to the status updates page instead of news view though.

10-27-09 11:52 PM
215 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD