I like just for the uploading of pics. But Hate it because I can't play games.

Lindaga35
    07-30-08 01:03 AM
    only problem for me is that my pics never come clear when i upload them
    I see the same thing. It looks like the images are compressed an awful lot before uploading. Still neat though.
    07-30-08 03:09 AM
    I am having issues with notifications on my Facebook application. When I first installed this program I had a yahoo e-mail address and the notifications turned up fine (in the Facebook app). When I changed my contact email address in facebook to my blackberry address, it worked fine as well. But I have changed it to my hotmail address and the notifications do not show up in my Facebook app, but show up in my email. I have tried everything RIM suggested I do but no luck. Any one know a solution? Right now I had to switch back to my blackberry address but people are getting the idea to send me forwards to that address, and I do not has OS 4.5 for my 8130 so I can't see them as they are HTML.
    Have you tried resending service books? That worked for me one time.
    07-30-08 03:36 AM
    Does anyone know if facechat will ever be available on blackberry! I have seen it being used on the I phone and want it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 06:22 AM
    I cannot read the full inbox message when it pops up on my BB curve.
    OK, so i downloaded the app, made sure that all my settings were correct for notifications, etc. Now, when i get a message in my fb inbox it shows up under messages on my BB, but when i go to the message, it only shows part of the text then says "...('n' for next)"
    what up with that?
    if i go to the fb app, i can't even see the inbox. Is that right? I can see messages i sent from the app, but none I receive.
    i can get to the inbox thru the mobile site, but why can't i read them just like i do in e-mail?
    I'm sooo cornfused!

thanks for the help
    Last edited by aeroberator; 10-06-08 at 06:03 PM. Reason: clarification
    10-06-08 05:25 PM
    first of all u are confusing yourself and me. second, the facebook app is meant to filter off everything that arrives at your blackberry in it's email inbox (ie the email address you use with facebook to login). You should not be entering into facebook messages on your blackberry inbox. If you are, you can't expect them to make sense as they are formatted for the fb app on your bb to read only. If the messages are showing up in your bb email inbox only and NOT in your fb app at all, you have goofed the settings somehow. MAKE SURE THAT THE EMAIL YOU LOGIN TO FACEBOOK ON A COMPUTER WITH IS THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS THAT THESE NOTIFICATIONS ARE SENT TO ON YOUR BLACKBERRY. If they are different, it will not work.
    10-06-08 09:26 PM
    e-mail addresses are the same. can u tell me how my settings are supposed to be. The messages are only showing up in the bb message folder (along with voicemails, e-mails, and texts). I can't see them at all in the fb app. what am I doing wrong? this makes no sense.
    10-07-08 09:33 PM
    Have you tried resending service books? That worked for me one time.
    huh? I have same problem and am also using a hotmail address. what is a service book? hope I don't sound stupid... but i am clueless. sorry.
    10-07-08 09:37 PM
    I really like the facebook app and its great how I don't get both the emails about the facebook updates and the reminder on the phone.
    10-08-08 11:09 AM
    OK, I read the message from someone above that stated that they were getting messages fine when they had email other than hotmail but no that they switched, they couldn't get inbox notifications. It must be a hotmail issue. I switched my fb email to a bb address and now am receiving messages like a champ. thanks y'all!
    10-08-08 04:20 PM
    Is there a way to stop the FB app from vibrating and flashing each time I get a FB notifiaction? I would like to be able to look for a red asterism on the icon for notifiactions, and don't want to be notified in the same way that I'm notified of my emails each time there is an update. Am I being clear? Thanks.
    01-08-09 10:17 AM
    I think I figured it out.....Options. Yes, I'm a newbie.
    01-08-09 10:23 AM
    Yes, go to your profiles (speaker icon), advance, then on whatever profile you have currently you click on menu, edit, and find facebook. Click on facebook and by tone/vibrate choose none. Or you could leave it on tone/vibrate. But choose mute by the ringtone type. This way it'd vibrate but won't make a sound.
    If you use multiple profiles, then you must do the same for each profile, although if I am not mistaken the default is always mute for new apps, unless you change it.
    HTH

01-08-09 10:26 AM
    is it possible to have more than 1 facebook account pushed to the facebook bb app?

i have 2 accounts 1 for business and one personal, is that possible to do?

if so how?
    02-05-09 09:36 AM
    Yes, go to your profiles (speaker icon), advance, then on whatever profile you have currently you click on menu, edit, and find facebook. Click on facebook and by tone/vibrate choose none. Or you could leave it on tone/vibrate. But choose mute by the ringtone type. This way it'd vibrate but won't make a sound.
    If you use multiple profiles, then you must do the same for each profile, although if I am not mistaken the default is always mute for new apps, unless you change it.
    HTH

i remember you posting on a different topic in regards to being able to use bb messenger with just wifi if you're abroad with no data plan and if i remember correctly u said that if u get all the latest service books it's possible to use bb messenger via wifi only, even if the data roaming is switched off?

is that actually possible and can the same thing be done with the facebook bb app, if so how?

im going abroad soon and i will have my data roaming switched off so my only access would be via wifi, would i be able to use both these applications?

thanks
    02-05-09 09:40 AM
    I had downloaded the facebook application on my Curve 8330 awhile back. It has worked flawlessly. Today I had to reinstall the desktop manager on a new laptop. After I synced my Outlook, the facebook icon has disappeared. How can I tell if the application is still on there? And if it is still on there, how do I get it back on the "blackberry" desktop?
    02-22-09 09:10 PM
    To find out if the application is still on your berry go to...

OPTIONS
    ADVANCED OPTIONS
    APPLICATIONS
    (Look for the FACEBOOK app in the listing)

If you dont' see it...it's not there anymore.
    If you do see it, Click on it i and hit the menu button and choose "EDIT DEFAULT PERMISSIONS"
    Then hit the menu button again and choose "RESET ALL FIREWALL PROMPTS"

Then exit and reboot your berry.
    The icon should return upon reboot.

Dm

02-23-09 09:59 AM
    im having trouble getting any facebook?myspace notification icon to my phone. any help
    04-24-09 01:44 AM
    It keeps reminding me to find friends that have Facebook for BB (Find Friends) despite i delete the message.. Do you have that prob too?
    04-24-09 04:10 AM
    I am having problems using Facebook on my blackberry. When I am on a regular computer, I update my facebook by logging into my Facebook page, then I click the lower left hand corner � F applications� then I click the �ads and pages�. At that point, I go to �pages� and then click �view page� to update my status. This option is not available when I go to Facebook on my blackberry, which winds up meaning that instead of updating my fan page it updates my personal profile. Anyone know how to fix this? I really need to be able to update it during the day when I am out and about.
    05-13-09 09:46 AM
    Reinstalled FB on my Bold and despite geting notifications I cannot reply immediattely to them.. For example a get notification that someone commented on my status but cannot reply directly and comment myself too. I think that I could before...

Any suggestions? Running 1.5.0.32
    05-22-09 11:24 AM
    I downloaded the new Facebook on my Curve and am having trouble. On my Pearl, it would show Facebook calendar activities/birthdays on my today plus theme desktop. It will not do this on my curve. Are there settings I have wrong or is there something else I need to be doing? I uninstalled it and installed it again. I have also wiped the handheld and started over. I am getting so frustrated! Thanks for your help!
    07-07-09 07:04 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Facebook is listed in my applications but I can't get the icon to show up on my home page. I tried resetting the firewall prompts and that didn't work. Any other suggestions!?!

To find out if the application is still on your berry go to...

OPTIONS
    ADVANCED OPTIONS
    APPLICATIONS
    (Look for the FACEBOOK app in the listing)

If you dont' see it...it's not there anymore.
    If you do see it, Click on it i and hit the menu button and choose "EDIT DEFAULT PERMISSIONS"
    Then hit the menu button again and choose "RESET ALL FIREWALL PROMPTS"

Then exit and reboot your berry.
    The icon should return upon reboot.

Dm

07-21-09 01:51 PM
    looking for .alx of facebook files PLEAAASSEEE
    07-21-09 02:01 PM
    I just received a notification via facebook that there is a newer version availiable, anyone know about this?

Edit: ver 1.6.0.21, I'm on 1.6.0.17
    Last edited by mookish; 07-21-09 at 04:42 PM.
    07-21-09 04:40 PM
215 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD