I have a bb pearl and when i start Facebook it says that "There was an error contacting Facebook".
    SAME Problem!!! Any solutions???
    Last edited by mark67; 10-29-07 at 02:36 AM.
    10-28-07 01:44 PM
    hey,

this is pretty odd, the facebook download doesnt seem to work... neither on my computer nor my 8800 (AT&T). i get to the page and accept the terms then it takes me to what im guessing is the download page...

Facebook

Note

Microsoft� Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) users: if you encounter an error, look at the top of this page for a yellow bar that reads "This site might require the following ActiveX control: 'AxLoader.cab' from 'Research In Motion'. Click here to install..." Click the yellow bar and choose "Install ActiveX Control..." to allow installation to proceed.

first of all, i have a Mac, second of all this also pops on my bberry? what's the deal?
    10-28-07 04:52 PM
    Well, the problem with the website is that, well, your using a MAC as the error indicates, it's only supported by Windows, and the problem you may be getting this error while on your device is that you have your device set to emulate Microsoft IE, rather then acting as a WAP browser, you can change this by going into your browser, press menu key, go to options, browser configutation and change the "emulation mode"..in this case, choose blackberry as it will be the most compatible

10-29-07 01:27 AM
    Now we just need a real tool such as Linkedin to go with BB and we will be all set.
    10-29-07 08:36 AM
    Hi folks,

I'm a Blackberry newbie so I've probably done something very silly but if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Followed the link to download the app on the PC, it found the Pearl connected to it and said installation was complete. If I look under Advanced Options > Applications on the handheld it lists the Facebook app but I can't find it from the home page of application list (I've tried restarting and 'show all' on the homepage but nothing.

What am I doing so very wrong?!

Thanks in advance.
    I'm having the EXACT same issue, and slowly going insane...

HELP!!!
    And the same problem here ... anybody have idea why an application would claim to be installed but would not show up as an icon anywhere on the device?
    10-30-07 06:10 AM
    Is it free or? Is this going to cost me text messages or does it just use the data plan? How's it work?
    10-31-07 09:43 AM
    Is it free or? Is this going to cost me text messages or does it just use the data plan? How's it work?
    Data Plan I suspect...
    10-31-07 02:35 PM
    I go to the site, on both my computer and bb, agree to the terms and conditions, and get a page reading:

"Microsoft� Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) users: if you encounter an error, look at the top of this page for a yellow bar that reads "This site might require the following ActiveX control: 'AxLoader.cab' from 'Research In Motion'. Click here to install..." Click the yellow bar and choose "Install ActiveX Control..." to allow installation to proceed."

There is no option to install ActiveX... and I get the same page on my Pearl
    11-06-07 04:08 PM
    I have the same issue as many people where I get "an error occured while contacting facebook"

I'm on ATT with Enterprise -> I think this has something to do with it, yet I've not found out the solution yet.
    11-18-07 04:08 PM
    I know this is foolish and I have search this site over and tried everything including deleting and reinstalling several times, I love the icon and cannot make it reappear, and it is driving me nutty. Can someone please help!
    12-03-07 10:30 PM
    I go to the site, on both my computer and bb, agree to the terms and conditions, and get a page reading:

"Microsoft� Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) users: if you encounter an error, look at the top of this page for a yellow bar that reads "This site might require the following ActiveX control: 'AxLoader.cab' from 'Research In Motion'. Click here to install..." Click the yellow bar and choose "Install ActiveX Control..." to allow installation to proceed."

There is no option to install ActiveX... and I get the same page on my Pearl
    I updated my OS and now everything is working fabulously!
    12-04-07 05:41 PM
    Approximate average data usage per most commonly used features

� Friend list download: 60 KB (for 200 friends)

� photo upload: 21 KB

� Wall post: 1 KB

� Poke: 1 KB

� Message: 1-2 KB

Estimated average usage per day (according to RIM, not the Real World

� 2 Messages a day (60 Messages a month) = 100 KB

� 1 Wall post a day (30 Wall posts a week) = 30 KB

� 2 Pokes per week (8 Pokes per month) = 8 KB

� 6 Photo uploads a month (6 Photos per month) = 120 KB

� 200 User Friend list = 120 KB (say we download it twice)

Total = 378 KB per month
    12-04-07 05:58 PM
    i like the ability to upload/use facebook; but what i'm really getting sick of is that little "f" at the top that has a counter next to it. i have no idea what its counting but i've had the app. for about 2 weeks and i'm almost up to 100....how the heck can i rid my curve of it??
    12-06-07 12:05 PM
    Bump. I Want To Get Rid Of That.

How Can I Do This?
    12-12-07 09:25 AM
    I'm not sure if this is happening to other people or not...

the facebook app lets me know of wall posts and messages and such, which i can see no problem. however, whenever i receive anything that would appear as a 'Notification' on my homepage, it wont let me follow the link and view it (ie SuperWall posts, comments on posted items, etc). is there something wrong with my app... ?
    01-08-08 12:32 AM
    Its dumb! How do I delete it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-08 12:49 AM
    I've turned off notification of SuperWall posts in Facebook now. They're mostly things like, "I just found a video on YouTube" and I'm like, "YouTube has videos? You're kidding!" I can do without notifications of SuperWall posts.

Of course SuperWall probably doesn't work on BlackBerry because it needs Flash or something.
    Last edited by neilwick; 01-08-08 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Clarification
    01-08-08 06:52 PM
    I would rather have a myspace App.!
    01-08-08 07:36 PM
    I can send messages from my BB on Facebook, but when the person responds, I don't receive a notification. Can someone walk me through how to get notifications on my BB?

Phanx.
    01-13-08 02:40 PM
    I can send messages from my BB on Facebook, but when the person responds, I don't receive a notification. Can someone walk me through how to get notifications on my BB?

Phanx.
    First, see if this BlackBerry KB article solves your problems.
    blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14 358
    01-14-08 08:40 AM
    The notifications I want are activated under "Account", and the email address is up to date. Is there anything I may be missing?

Phanx.

01-15-08 03:01 PM
    evenflo22 im having the same problem you are! mine was working perfectly fine for the past month and then yesterday i stopped receiving notifications. please let me know if you get an answer!

i know i didnt change any of my settings so why did it stop all of a sudden?!! i tried rebooting my bb as well.
    01-21-08 07:32 AM
    Has RIM released an update to fix the Facebook app causing the battery life to plummet?
    01-21-08 08:23 AM
    can i get the facebook app. for my blackberry 8703e?
    01-27-08 09:12 PM
    Today I noticed the Facebook icon on my phone, even though I never downloaded it. I've never even used Facebook ever. Did T-Mobile automatically put it on my phone somehow?
    01-29-08 05:24 PM
215 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD