Mike Mike..you're talking CrackBerry Crazy...there's lots of love and even a link for ya on the post. Scroll down to the pics!

But incase people missed, Mike...aka Overthrow was part of our 'CTIA correspondence team' that's been reporting back to CrackBerry.com with the BlackBerry news and info.

Thanks Mike!

What, no love for all of those notes I took? I'm not a CTIA correspondent all of a sudden?

Boo urns!
    10-24-07 10:16 PM
    Im iffy on dling it. I may dl it to upload pictures but thats it. To browse it ill stick to using Opera...That way i still get the full use of facebook...even though it loads slowly.
    10-24-07 10:31 PM
    Overthrow, is an iPhone lover BLAH!! just look at his site lol, I guess I can forgive him though since he is bringing us the news. :P
    10-25-07 04:47 AM

The Facebook for BlackBerry application that was announced today is at this moment only available for T-Mobile customers. To find out if and when Telus plans to allow Facebook to be used by its customers, I suggest you contact them at 1-866-771-7292.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Definitely not true...I have Verizon and it works just fine
    10-25-07 05:56 AM
    Anyone having issues connecting via att?
    10-25-07 07:43 AM
    Definitely not true...I have Verizon and it works just fine
    Yeah, same here. Works well for me on on Verizon.

I actually downloaded it from the Facebook mobile site as I was checking my facebook yesterday. There was a link above all my stuff that said there was an app with a link for download.

-Anthony
    10-25-07 07:50 AM
    Ok I installed the ap but it is asking for access to the Handheld Key Store. it is asking for a password. Anyone have any ideas as to what this is?
    10-25-07 08:07 AM
    If I back out of it and try and log on again it says "You are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate is not trusted." It gives me an option to continue, close connection, view certificate, or trust certificate.
    10-25-07 08:11 AM
    Yeah, same here. Works well for me on on Verizon.

I actually downloaded it from the Facebook mobile site as I was checking my facebook yesterday. There was a link above all my stuff that said there was an app with a link for download.

-Anthony
    Strange. I'm on Verizon with an 8830 just like you two and I'm still getting the "There was an error contacting Facebook" error.
    10-25-07 08:38 AM
    Ok I installed the ap but it is asking for access to the Handheld Key Store. it is asking for a password. Anyone have any ideas as to what this is?
    No idea, either . . . I'd like to know, too.
    10-25-07 10:23 AM
    The password I used was the one I use for unlocking my BB.

Works for me on Rogers.
    10-25-07 12:16 PM
    The password I used was the one I use for unlocking my BB.

Works for me on Rogers.
    I'm also stuck on this screen. Do you mean the password to unlock it from AT&T? I'm afraid I don't have that one...
    10-25-07 12:38 PM
    - First time logging in, you still have to click ok to that darn "the server isn't trusted, do you want to connect anyways" dialogue box. RIM & Facebook made this app...shouldn't it be trustworthy?! Why do I have to see that message still!!
    Hehe, you are right.. Neither RIM trusts it's own certificates...
    LOL

- The fact that you can snap a photo in the photo app, click Send, and have the option to send to facebook.
    Yeah, that's great!
    10-25-07 02:19 PM
    I'm also stuck on this screen. Do you mean the password to unlock it from AT&T? I'm afraid I don't have that one...
    No. My Curve locks every hour (corporate policy). I mean my password to unlock the screen.
    10-25-07 02:44 PM
    No. My Curve locks every hour (corporate policy). I mean my password to unlock the screen.
    oh... !!! do you by any chance happen to know the factory password?
    10-25-07 03:46 PM
    Where do I download it?? Yesterday before logging onto this site I saw the link to download it. I attempted & it said it failed.. Now I haven't seen the link again. And that blackberry.com/facebook page is not giving me the opportunity to download!!! Help!!!!
    10-25-07 03:48 PM
    Ohhhh... It was only asking the password because I was clicking on TRUST CERTIFICATE instead of CONTINUE. Entering my screen lock password didnt help.

Thanks anyway!!
    10-25-07 04:05 PM
    I have it running on my Pearl (on Rogers). I couldn't get it via the Blackberry site, but I was able to download it simply by browsing to the Facebook site on my BlackBerry. It may not have a million features, but I do like how clean and responsive the UI is.
    10-25-07 05:31 PM
    For those of you that have it asking for the keystore password, you have an app on your blackberry for storing passwords. When you originally start the app for the keystore, it prompts you to create a password. What ever password you create is the password it is asking for. I guess it just saves all your trusted certificate information.
    10-25-07 06:49 PM
    I love this app
    10-25-07 10:33 PM
    Yes, I went download the facebook apps on my bb by OTA. I look at facebook apps is very nice and simple. But I don't recogize the facebook site. I think facebook apps is useless for me. I deleted it off. I rather go directly facebook site on pc instead of bb. ~~~>
    10-26-07 03:01 AM
    Installed but can't get it to login - tried to delete but it still appears under apps. - what am I missing to delete from my Pearl?
    10-26-07 04:12 AM
    Hi folks,

I'm a Blackberry newbie so I've probably done something very silly but if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Followed the link to download the app on the PC, it found the Pearl connected to it and said installation was complete. If I look under Advanced Options > Applications on the handheld it lists the Facebook app but I can't find it from the home page of application list (I've tried restarting and 'show all' on the homepage but nothing.

What am I doing so very wrong?!

Thanks in advance.
    I'm having the EXACT same issue, and slowly going insane...

HELP!!!
    10-26-07 09:36 AM
    I have a bb pearl and when i start Facebook it says that "There was an error contacting Facebook". Its not a problem with my OS because my my bb is new and came updated with v4.2.1.107 (platform 2.3.0.83). None of my other browser based applications are working either. Please help
    10-28-07 10:32 AM
    Hello,

To the Telus user: I was able to install this new facebook app on my Telus-issued 8830 with no problem a couple of days ago.

I was prompted to install when visiting the mobile facebook page from the 8830's web browser
    (__http://m.facebook.com/)
    At the very top of the mobile facebook page was a prompt saying that there was a new Facebook App and would I like to install - from there it was a couple of clicks while it installed over the air.

Mind you, I was on a roaming network in Miami at the time, so I don't know if that allowed me access to downloading that wouldn't have been offered using the Telus network back here in chilly Canada, but it's worth a shot - point your browser to that website and see what it tells you. Good luck!
    10-28-07 12:11 PM
215 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD