One major change between 1.6 and 1.7 seems to be the following:

In 1.6, if you entered a contact's email address to your blackberry contacts and if the same address was listed in facebook for the same person, it would automatically connect via blackberry contact.

Now it appears that they have changed this in 1.7. Only the people whose phone numbers are matching between your blackberry contacts and facebook get connected via blackberry contact.

Now, this happens to be my experience. I would love to verify what I seem to be experiencing is true or not.

If it is not true and there is a way to connect contacts and facebook via email addresses on FB 1.7, please let me know.
    10-28-09 02:40 AM
    Are the FB profile pictures when used as contact address book pictures small and blurry or is it just my phone? I have Curve 8330 and the notifications have never failed me. I love this app.
    10-28-09 03:03 AM
    Guys 1.7 sucks big time! Anyone got a link to go back to 1.6? I cannot even update my status, it takes 5 mins to load all stupid youtube videos which do not play anyway and even when i quit the app my Bold is frozen! What the..!
    10-29-09 03:42 AM
    Sorry 1.7 is giving you problems. What OS are you using? 1.7 runs smooth as can be on my Bold running 5.0.0.238. Reinstall maybe?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 03:57 AM
    Beside the issues of what exactly News Feed is and why Live Feed is not on Facebook for BB, I have another issue. Previously (in 1.6) when an update/post by a friend contained a link, I could simply highlight the link the FB for BB app and click on it and it would open in the browser. Now in 1.7 it brings up a menu with no option for Get Link - closest is Copy. So I can't follow any links posted by my Friends on Facebook on the BB.

WTH happened to this feature?
    10-29-09 04:04 AM
    Alright so I installed the new FB and ever since then I have been having problems. Now I'm not even receiving emails on my phone. I tried un-installing FB and still no change. I deleted my email address from my phone and then re-entered and I'm still not getting all my emails. Anyone have any suggestions - I'm starting to get pretty frustrated. Thanks for the help!
    10-29-09 10:33 AM
    I have not experienced any probs with the upgrade, however my friend has lost his icon ( stock on his curve). I have searched the threads but no real fix found. I suggested a battery pull, checking into having the service books resent etc. He can back door it on his browser, but would rather have the icon for notification ease
    11-25-09 03:10 PM
    i dunno maybe it's just me, but my FB app is working just fine, as promised with the 1.7 upgrade..
    12-02-09 05:10 AM
    Hi guys, I want to know if anyone has found a solution to this issue: In news feed part of the facebook app for blackberry I seem to only get news about Farmville, Mafia Wars or other applications like these. Is there a way to block news from these applications?

Current work around is to use the status update, photo & link feeds.

Happy Holidays
    12-07-09 01:40 PM
    Hi guys, I want to know if anyone has found a solution to this issue: In news feed part of the facebook app for blackberry I seem to only get news about Farmville, Mafia Wars or other applications like these. Is there a way to block news from these applications?

Current work around is to use the status update, photo & link feeds.

Happy Holidays
    You have to go to your Facebook website on your computer, click "Hide" button next to those items on your Live Feed page. Then, it won't appear on your Facebook app in your Blackberry.
    12-07-09 01:46 PM
    Hello,

I was just wondering, if someone comments on a picture that I'm tagged in does that use up data?
    12-15-09 01:02 AM
    also if I read a message that I receive on facebook on the regular site, it still shows as "unread" on my blackberry, is there any way i can fix that
    12-15-09 09:20 PM
    also if I read a message that I receive on facebook on the regular site, it still shows as "unread" on my blackberry, is there any way i can fix that
    I don't think so, that happens to me. I just delete the unread FB message otherwise my notification keeps blinking. I loooove this app, it works well for me. Aside from missing some notifications here and there but I'll blame that on my BB especially after these last couple outages.
    12-24-09 10:07 PM
    You have to go to your Facebook website on your computer, click "Hide" button next to those items on your Live Feed page. Then, it won't appear on your Facebook app in your Blackberry.
    I was told on the desktop Facebook application you can categorize your friends into real life friends and game friends. On the desktop application, I can view only my real life friends. Can I have my Blackberry Facebook application do the same? I want to only see my real life friends posts on my Blackberry and still be able to see my gaming friends on the desktop application. If I hide them as suggested in the post above, I won't see their posts in the desktop application. Does anyone have any help for me?
    01-19-10 10:24 PM
    I recently signed out of my FaceBook App and started using FaceBook Mobile site. I was running 1.7 on OS 5.0.0.419 on my Tour and the app was nothing but laggy. If i wanted to just check on status comments it would sit there and say "refreshing" for at least 3 minutes.

Anyone having the same issues I would recommend using the mobile site. It loads 100 times faster then the app.
    01-20-10 07:42 AM
    well said Capone
    01-20-10 09:20 AM
    I was told on the desktop Facebook application you can categorize your friends into real life friends and game friends. On the desktop application, I can view only my real life friends. Can I have my Blackberry Facebook application do the same? I want to only see my real life friends posts on my Blackberry and still be able to see my gaming friends on the desktop application. If I hide them as suggested in the post above, I won't see their posts in the desktop application. Does anyone have any help for me?
    Can't do that on the bb app.
    01-20-10 11:49 AM
    Does this happen to everyone else as well? You receive a fb notification that is 5 days late? Or at times you just dont receive any notifications at all?

not to mention the loading time of pics is terrible.

running on 1.7

just asking out of curiosity.
    01-20-10 12:01 PM
    Sometimes i just dont receive a notification where several notifications are coming in short period of time. App is useless anyway
    01-21-10 12:40 AM
    I don't get half of my notifications. The app is slow and lame.
    01-21-10 12:55 AM
    Yeah this app unfortunatley has a lot of drawback hopefully they fix it in the future
    01-21-10 12:57 AM
    Unfortunately RIM does not seem to be ineterested at all into improving at all.. I think if they wanted they would have done it already.. Ver 1.7 is out for so long and we have seen 0 improvements.. I was checking again last night FB app on iPhone which is a PROPER application!
    01-21-10 01:09 AM
    Gonna call and get my data plan today so i can start using this app
    01-21-10 09:03 AM
    Why am I having trouble uploading photos from my bb to facebook? This has been the last few days only. Seems funny it worked so well earlier last week. Then nothing but error msg. Seems that the my bb won't connect to the facebook server when I upload photos. I'm able to post status updates & write wall but can't upload pic's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 06:38 PM
    Does this happen to everyone else as well? You receive a fb notification that is 5 days late? Or at times you just dont receive any notifications at all?

not to mention the loading time of pics is terrible.

running on 1.7

just asking out of curiosity.
    There are times when I don't get any notifications. I would log into Facebook from my laptop and see it there. Who knows how many others I've missed.
    Load times for anything in general are terrible, even on Wifi. I don't get this.
    RIM should leave the Facebook app to Facebook.
    01-24-10 07:01 PM
215 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD