bolt seems faster and the new version in better but it just is not as compatable as the bb browser
    04-02-09 11:51 PM
    Is there an option to import your bookmarks from the BB Browser to Bolt?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 02:16 AM
    How do I set it up so that Bolt doesn't ask me to connect to it's proxy every time I start it?
    04-03-09 10:24 AM
    Bolt has to connect to their servers so that the content can be compressed and rendered for viewing on the mobile browser, that's why its faster than bb browser, if you simpy want to stop the pop up from apearing go into options then security then firewall and turn it on, then you just have to allow it once, but keep in mind the firewall can mess with some other apps like it makes twitterberry not work, to me it was better to just have the firewall off and deal with the proxy question.

04-03-09 11:40 AM
    An improvement, but it needs the pages to be cached, when you click Back, it doesn't have to reload. Cursor still needs work, amongst other things

04-04-09 10:55 PM
    I think the pages not cached is intended. It is supposed to have a small thumb print.

04-04-09 11:25 PM
    I think the pages not cached is intended. It is supposed to have a small thumb print.

but THAT alone totally kill the back button, it need to cache, just not too much, maybe like 1 or 2 pages max

---------

Anyways, my final thought (mainly on Storm)
    Warning tl;dr ahead

After using Bolt (aka B, as of this post) for whole 2 days, mainly on my Storm, I have to say I will still going to stick with OM, OM has a few more aspect where Bolt still need work on. Heres some thing I catched

- B do not support mobile view such OM do, mobile view is great for many site where graphic is not concern, such as forums. OM compress/alter its own mobile layout where as B will only support mobile view if that site has it, unlike OM where everything is shrink down... this is first aspect I point out because its really important as "fingering" left, right, up, down all the time just to see some quick text gets really really tiring

- OM has up/down, left/right scroll bar. In which you can tap it for pg up/down, or hold and scroll it as you will on computer. B does not have such feature, therefore goes back my first point, too much fingering around

- OM cache a few page backward and forward, you can go back/forward a page instantly... however this do take up resources from what I see

- Each time B rotate, it need to reload once again (only once for that page, than you can rotate all you want) Gets annoying real fast!

- Does not cookie! I cannot believe this but half the page I go to does not cookie my sign-in, where OM do. Real annoying once again to sign in sign out everytime

- B has connection issue sometime, it will freezes at 20% load often time or it'll take quite a while to get move on from that mark

Bottomline, as of now, Bolt is promising but still fall short as OM just runs better and just works. Bolt does have some pretty cool feature on the Storm such as high-light on what you hover... However on the Bold I would say its a tie between B and OM as B render better, faster but OM has its own mobile view + cache page which make a HUGE different on daily usage
    Last edited by Caraa; 04-05-09 at 01:33 AM.
    04-05-09 12:59 AM
    It looks like it's saving logins on sites now. Can anyone confirm?

04-07-09 09:35 AM
    It has saved my user name, but not password.

04-07-09 10:17 AM
    On a vbulletin site I run, it saves both. On Digg, it doesn't.

04-07-09 11:20 AM
    Any way to get rid of the message at the beginning "Bolt attempted to access u3.somethingsomething.com, would you like to allow this?"

Gets annoying to have to do that every time I open the browser.
    04-07-09 12:13 PM
    That message is displayed by the OS. The only way to stop it is to turn on the firewall - but it may interfere with other apps.

04-07-09 12:37 PM
    Personally, I like this browser better than OM. I played around with
    OM over the weekend and found it not to be very user friendly.
    Bolt works great for me when I am away from home, don't have wifi
    access, and just want to web surf simply to pass time. Pages seem to load much
    faster over EDGE and I enjoy being able to view pages in
    normal web layout. Wifi via Bolt is blazing! I'm sure the "tech"
    stuff will improve over time.

04-07-09 12:50 PM
    Downloaded the latest version and instantly noticed the cursor lagging issue was better. Still hangs up and lags but much more usable now. The cache thing is bugging me as it reloads the pagen when hit the back button.

Overall really liking it. OM is still better but as Bolt gets more updates it'll get closer.

04-07-09 03:12 PM
    Am I the only one getting the message:

An error occurred while loading
    h t t p : / / ...
    Unknown host:: w w w . ... com

I tried with gamespot but at times this also happens with Google.
    Notice that with the previous version this didn't happen.
    I'm thinking about reverting to that version though the crappy pointer really WAS a pain in the... LOL

Anyone got any idea?

Thanks a lot to all of you!
    04-08-09 03:27 AM
    i really like this browser. i especially like the save option on the videos. however, it seems to only save about 1.5 minutes worth of video. if the video happens to be longer than that it just cuts it off. i wonder why.
    04-08-09 07:37 AM
    i really like this browser. i especially like the save option on the videos. however, it seems to only save about 1.5 minutes worth of video. if the video happens to be longer than that it just cuts it off. i wonder why.
    I have been trying to find out a solution as well to no avail. I even created a thread about this issue and wrote to Bolt but no answer yet.

I assume it is to limit the bandwidth on their servers but this is really not good if I can't even watch full videos.

I hope a fix is offered soon.

04-08-09 07:49 AM
    um can i say best browser ever? yes it s better than opera
    04-08-09 06:25 PM
    When I try to load any web page, I am getting error: "Internet not available. Check network services."
    My BB Browser and all other web programs work fine. I have a Bold on .247. All of Bolt's Permissions are set to allow. I have tried reinstalling Bolt and I still get this message. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks.
    04-20-09 10:17 PM
    Ive had this app for about 5 min. I like it alot already.
    04-20-09 11:28 PM
    Anyone got troubles playing videos from Youtube ??

On my 8330 i get an error if i use "m.youtube.com"

Failed to open media url = rtsp://ew.rtsp-youtube.l.google.com/CklLENy73wlaoQmxuD2Uql6jjxMYESARFFEljbXYtZ29vZ2xlS ARSBXdhGNoWglDbGlja0xpbmtgoJiH8OL4jPXPAQw=/0/0/0/video.3gp
    When i go to the desktop version of Youtube. It does its lil load thing then you launch it in the media player on the 8330 it says its a non supported format.

Bolt is hyped as the best "desktop style" browser but yet i cannot view youtube on it. If i wanna view youtube videos Opera Mini goes to Yotube Mobile just fine and plays the videos (with use of the blackberry media player) just fine.
    04-20-09 11:55 PM
    Could someone please do me a favor and go to scotiabank.com and click of the online signon button on the left hand side. This used to work perfectly for me until a few days ago I get the unknown host error. I'm trying to figgure out if its a website issue or if something has changed on my phone. Thanks
    04-22-09 09:04 AM
    Anyone got troubles playing videos from Youtube ??

On my 8330 i get an error if i use "m.youtube.com"

When i go to the desktop version of Youtube. It does its lil load thing then you launch it in the media player on the 8330 it says its a non supported format.

Bolt is hyped as the best "desktop style" browser but yet i cannot view youtube on it. If i wanna view youtube videos Opera Mini goes to Yotube Mobile just fine and plays the videos (with use of the blackberry media player) just fine.
    I get exactly the same message. How could they not make this work for the 8330?

04-22-09 10:02 AM
    Ust go to vuclip.com if you want to watch youtube videos.

04-22-09 12:24 PM
    I get exactly the same message. How could they not make this work for the 8330?

Bolt works for everything other then videos tried the vuclip.com option and it doesn't work either with Bolt.

i love bolt for the pc style browsing experience but video watching is horrible
    04-22-09 12:51 PM
606 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD