We have received some complaints that when one of our apps is working user cannot use their camera.

All the users that complaint have Torch OS 6.0.0.246, thus we are looking for beta testers that can help us reproduce, investigate and fix the problem.

If somebody is aware of any similar problems with camera on Torch - please let us know.

Thanks !
    10-17-10 03:47 PM
    Is it the torch, .246, or OS6 that's the problem?
    If you need other OS6 devices (9650) let me know.
    10-17-10 04:47 PM
    Thank you for your interest !

Is it the torch, .246, or OS6 that's the problem?
    We do not know. During last couple of months, we have received only two complaints about camera problems, and yesterday we found that those two users have identical devices / OS versions.

Unfortunately those users are "average" users, they were able to provide us with some feedback, but we are worried that one more question and they will just withdraw.

The problem is very strange (Torch is a new device with tons of memory) so we'd like to find similar environment and try to reproduce it (and then investigate and fix it)

Is somebody else has experience any camera problems with any third party application - please let us know - all such information may be useful !
    10-18-10 01:57 AM
    I downloaded the 246 update, and only since then have I had issues with the camera. I can access the camera, change the flash settings, use the locator, and see the albums. Once I hit the shutter button, the flash (if it's on) will go off, and nothing else will happen.

i also had to delete all my text messages once i updated. after i updated all my sms messages came in in multiples of up to 10!
    10-23-10 02:54 AM
    I downloaded the 246 update, and only since then have I had issues with the camera.
    Will you help us to investigate and fix this problem ?

Please contact support team at support [at] odeve.com - they will send you instructions about custom version of the app.

Thanks in advance !
    10-23-10 02:58 AM
    Ill test whatever you need, I've used blackberrys for years. I'm running 246 on my torch, let me know!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 04:03 AM
    Ill test whatever you need, I've used blackberrys for years. I'm running 246 on my torch, let me know!
    Thank you !

Can you please send an e-mail to support [at] odeve.com - they will send you back test instructions.
    10-23-10 11:42 AM
    I was able to get the camera working again now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 07:01 PM
    hi all,

We believe that we have identified the problem causing camera malfunction.

We also believe that we have found a workaround for it - but we need your help to test it.

Thanks in advance !
    10-24-10 01:37 AM
    We believe that this problem has been fixed in the latest beta of deToday 2.20 - you are welcome to check it yourself.

If you do not have download link for the beta, please send an e-mail to support [at] odeve.com
    10-26-10 02:23 AM
    Version 2.20 has been officially released. All users that experienced problems with camera app - please install it and let us know if you still have any problems.

You can always get the latest version of the app from our mobile site: http://m.odeve.com
    10-27-10 02:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD