Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
12-12-17 09:06 AM
60 123
tools
    UPDATE - 2011.03.28 - beta is over

hi all,

We haven't updated deReset from it's initial launch (except few minor bug fixes) - the time has come to roll out next batch of changes.

There are no major new features, only a number of minor improvements and various tweaks based on the feedback that we have gathered during last couple of months.

We prefer to work with former beta testers or with users who are using deReset in their everyday life. In short - if the new version does not break anything then everything is fine.

If you want to participate, please send an e-mail to support [at] odeve.com.

Thanks !
    Last edited by thom.sten; 03-28-11 at 12:00 PM.
    11-22-10 12:36 AM
    Well if you guys aren't sick of me yet, I'll be happy to help again - just barely finished a freakin huge paper, and I need something to help me ignore my pending finals for thanksgiving break.

I'll drop an email tomorrow morning, I'm hitting the sack now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-10 01:48 AM
    Email sent. Thanks for the update.
    11-22-10 07:10 AM
    dropped you guys an email
    11-22-10 08:04 AM
    Update - we have some unexpected delay with the deToday <-> CWC release;
    I suppose that the initial deReset beta will be ready for review at the start of the next week.

Thanks to everybody that contacted us ! We will get back to you soon !
    11-24-10 10:30 AM
    Okay. Keep us posted.
    12-01-10 06:42 AM
    I guess I'm ready for an update. The auto scheduling of deReset no longer works. I get an "Error 3002 Cannot close reset confirmation dialong" error. Once I close out of that error I have to manually reset the phone. And then after the reboot I get "Restart Complete - Changes have been successfully applied" and then I have to click on OK. I didn't use to have to go through all this.

I did upgrade to the latest OS for the S2. Not sure if that is the cause of it or not. Let me know if I need to post an error log or something.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 12-01-10 at 08:44 AM.
    12-01-10 08:31 AM
    update - it seems that this beta will be delayed for another couple of weeks

Support team will contact you when we have more info.
    12-01-10 11:32 PM
    I did upgrade to the latest OS for the S2.
    Can you give us the exact OS version ?

We definitely would like to fix those issues.
    12-01-10 11:34 PM
    Anyone have a fix for this error? I'm also getting it on my Storm 2 9550 with OS 5.0.0.1015.

Let me know - thanks!
    02-04-11 10:11 AM

I'm also getting it on my Storm 2 9550 with OS 5.0.0.1015.
    Please contact us at support [at] odeve.com - we will get back to you with some additional questions.

To everybody else - sorry for the delay, the team was busy on some other projects.
    We plan to get back to this beta in a week or so. I will post an update when I have more info.
    02-04-11 10:51 AM
    Sweet! Two of my most used apps are deToday and deReset - w/deToday by far the most needed app I have. Would want my Tour without it.

Looking forward to whatever you come out with!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 11:20 AM
    Finally - deReset 2.00 alpha is available for review.

If you haven't received e-mail, but would like to test it - please contact us at support e-mail.
    02-23-11 12:15 PM
    Nice update so far. I scheduled a reboot and it went through the entire process without any errors or messages where you have to click OK. Will continue to work with it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-23-11 01:41 PM
    This app works good on my S2. It goes through all the steps of a reboot and you don't have to click ok at any point. Except for the VERY last step. I get: Restart Complete: Changes have been successfully applied. [OK][ Details].

I would like to see it go past that point without user input to clear out the last message.
    02-24-11 10:17 PM
    This app works good on my S2. It goes through all the steps of a reboot and you don't have to click ok at any point. Except for the VERY last step. I get: Restart Complete: Changes have been successfully applied. [OK][ Details].

I would like to see it go past that point without user input to clear out the last message.

In the Options menu, all the way to the bottom, there is an option to "Auto close 'Restart complete' dialog". Check the box, and no more need to click OK. At least it has worked for me.
    02-24-11 10:25 PM
    Except for the VERY last step. I get: Restart Complete: Changes have been successfully applied. [OK][ Details].

We are aware that when device is not protected with password, on some devices deReset does not wait long enough for the "Restart complete" dialog to appear. I epxect that we will have a fix for this issue in the next major release of this alpha (in a week or so).
    02-24-11 11:07 PM
    In the Options menu, all the way to the bottom, there is an option to "Auto close 'Restart complete' dialog". Check the box, and no more need to click OK. At least it has worked for me.
    Yes, I already had that option checked. But still getting the message on my S2. I suspect this will be fixed on the next update
    02-25-11 10:13 AM
    We have published new version of deReset 2.00 beta - with improved support for "Auto Close 'Reset Confirmation' dialog" on newer OS versions.

Can you please try it and let us know if it works better for you ?

You can download deReset beta 2.00.938 from the standard URL that we have sent you.
    03-14-11 10:59 AM
    OK. Very Nice. I'm installing the new beta now. Will report back later.

At the very end of the restart process I still get:

And I have to press OK to make the message box go away. I admit, this is a very small issue and will not keep me from using this app, but the restart process did not use to stop there. That last message box would go away on its own.

Edit. A second manual reboot worked and I did not get the message. I will do a scheduled reboot tomorrow morning and see if all is well.
    Last edited by ba_hamilton; 03-14-11 at 06:24 PM.
    03-14-11 03:18 PM
    Installing now. The previous version handle it pretty well for me.
    03-14-11 03:41 PM
    Latest version works smooth. No hang ups anywhere.
    03-15-11 08:51 AM
    Same with me.
    03-15-11 09:03 PM
    We are almost done with this beta process - thanks to everybody that helped us !

Latest build 941 uses new set of icons (for main app and for "Reset Now" shortcut) - we'd like to know what you think about them. Hopefully you won't miss the old icons
    03-16-11 04:02 AM
    New icons are nice. I noticed on install that I had to remove the reset now shortcut and then create it again to get the new icon.
    03-16-11 07:54 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD