Ok, I noticed that even though I uninstalled it the "Reset Now" icon was still there, so after deleting that icon, doing a battery pull, messing around with the App World website and with the App World on phone, finally managed to get it out from both lists (installed and uninstalled) as if I had never downloaded it, so did a search and voil�, the purchase icon was there again, paid and downloaded, all good now...

I think this app is a little expesinve for such a simple purpose but from all the reset apps I have tried this one is the cleanest and just works as advertised, and I beliave in supporting the developers so I think this was a good purchase...

I used MetterBerry for a while but two things made me switch: it has not been updated for a long time and its not available in app world...

Thanks!
    Last edited by Lumute; 09-19-11 at 01:39 PM.
    09-19-11 01:36 PM
    Hi Thomas,

I purchased deReset for os7 recently, but it doesn't work (although trial worked perfect). Can you please help me to activate it?

This is a great app.

Thank you.
    12-10-17 10:11 PM
    Hi Thomas,

I purchased deReset for os7 recently, but it doesn't work (although trial worked perfect). Can you please help me to activate it?

This is a great app.

Thank you.
    This thread is 7 years old. I wouldn't hold my breath.
    12-10-17 10:51 PM
    Well, seeing as though I've paid the money for the app, and judging by Thomas' previous support, I believe Thomas will do the honourable thing and activate my license.
    12-11-17 10:19 AM
    Well, seeing as though I've paid the money for the app, and judging by Thomas' previous support, I believe Thomas will do the honourable thing and activate my license.
    You might get a quicker response via the developer's email address.
    12-11-17 10:54 AM
    Cool. 7 years support for a $1.99 app. Honourable indeed.
    12-11-17 11:25 AM
    Cool. 7 years support for a $1.99 app. Honourable indeed.
    Your sarcasm is in poor taste.

And let me clarify the "honourable" point. Obviously if he's ill or has some personal issues then not a problem.

However, if a developer doesn't have such issues, then either:

a) They should activate the license that a customer has just bought. Or: b) They should remove their app from BB World if they don't want to activate customers' licenses.

Can't have it both ways. Otherwise it arguably amounts to stealing, and is thus highly unethical. This is not about support where I'm expecting the developer to answer questions on how to use the app or other issues. Rather, this is about providing the license so that the buyer, who has you know, just paid for the software, can actually run the software.

The $1.99 isn't the issue either, it's a matter of principle.
    12-11-17 04:52 PM
    You might get a quicker response via the developer's email address.
    Yep, I did email him as well. Hope he responds.
    12-11-17 04:53 PM
    Your sarcasm is in poor taste.

And let me clarify the "honourable" point. Obviously if he's ill or has some personal issues then not a problem.

However, if a developer doesn't have such issues, then either:

a) They should activate the license that a customer has just bought. Or: b) They should remove their app from BB World if they don't want to activate customers' licenses.

Can't have it both ways. Otherwise it arguably amounts to stealing, and is thus highly unethical. This is not about support where I'm expecting the developer to answer questions on how to use the app or other issues. Rather, this is about providing the license so that the buyer, who has you know, just paid for the software, can actually run the software.

The $1.99 isn't the issue either, it's a matter of principle.
    Normally it's the appstore's responsibility to clean house for long-abandonned apps. BlackBerry has never really done that, and over 95% of the apps are in this state.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-11-17 05:23 PM
    Normally it's the appstore's responsibility to clean house for long-abandonned apps. BlackBerry has never really done that, and over 95% of the apps are in this state.
    Shame.
    12-12-17 09:06 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD