Hi,

I signed up for O2 BB Unlimited on Saturday night, registered the device on Sunday and sent my service books.

Had a few issues with some service books exsisting from the last owner - my friend was on orange - so I deleted them all and resent my service books. All good.

Got the email thorough saying I had registered my emails a few minutes later.

This morning - Monday - about 11.30am I got the email messages through again and I have also found that FaceBook and Google Talk icons have appeared in the applications menu even tho my friend or I have not downloaded them!

Any ideas why this is?

Do O2 regularly push out service books hence multiple emails saying I have registered?

Do they push out FaceBook and Google Talk too?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
    S.
    Last edited by somecoolgeezer; 03-02-09 at 07:04 AM.
    03-02-09 06:55 AM
    i don't believe facebook and google talk are "pushed" per say, but i don't have O2 so don't quote me on that

i had to download both apps on my phone. facebook is powered through email notifications that you get on your mailbox - the app usually whips it away from your mailbox and it appears on the fb app instead as a notification.

no idea about googletalk, but i can tell you that runs on data like other chat apps like AIM

hope that helped a little...
    03-02-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD