I have recently purchased or tried three applications that simply don't work as advertised:

1. Privus Mobile - advertised to provide caller ID for mobile phone calls received. Seldom, if ever, provides the ID information for cell calls received. I have a partner that bit on this one too with the same result.
    2. Profile Scheduler - advertised to automatically change profiles (i.e. loud, normal, vibrate, etc.) for appointment times set on calendar or for periods of time (start time and end time) manually set through program. It will change to the profile selected at the start time chosen but doesn't switch back to the previous profile at the end time. Thus, if you have it set to change your profile to "phone only" for 2 hours, at the end of 2 hours it simply leaves the phone set on "phone only". Pretty much worthless.
    3. Cerberus Call Filter - advertised to block calls on a "black list". Theoretically supposed to not let the call through, but send it to voicemail. It does send the call to voicemail but only after the caller id on the phone shows the number, which usually takes 2-3 rings. Again, it's worthless. When the phone rings, I pull it out to look to see who's calling, the caller id flashes the number and I can simply hit the ignore button to send to voice mail. So, what purpose does this software serve if it always lets the phone ring several times before it sends the call off to voice mail?

DOES ANYBODY FROM THE SHOPCRACKBERRY WEBSITE REVIEW THIS JUNK BEFORE THEY BEGIN SELLING IT?
    05-05-09 02:38 PM
    welcome to the forums.

Rethink what you posted.....many people have success with the programs you mentioned.
    Have you tried contacting the developers?
    I did with toysoft and got a response in minutes.
    05-06-09 03:20 PM
    welcome to the forums.

Rethink what you posted.....many people have success with the programs you mentioned.
    Have you tried contacting the developers?
    I did with toysoft and got a response in minutes.
    +1

Sorry OP, but I know a few developers, and if you have an issue then they (at least the ones I know) WILL take the time to help you out. Contact each developer, be kind, and you'll be treated the same and receive answers.

Frustration gets you nowhere.
    05-06-09 04:50 PM
    definitely contact the developers.

oh and if you're looking for a free callblocking app:

CallsBlocker - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

doesn't bring back your money, but hey, it's worth a try right?
    05-06-09 05:23 PM
    I have recently purchased or tried three applications that simply don't work as advertised:

1. Privus Mobile - advertised to provide caller ID for mobile phone calls received. Seldom, if ever, provides the ID information for cell calls received. I have a partner that bit on this one too with the same result.
    2. Profile Scheduler - advertised to automatically change profiles (i.e. loud, normal, vibrate, etc.) for appointment times set on calendar or for periods of time (start time and end time) manually set through program. It will change to the profile selected at the start time chosen but doesn't switch back to the previous profile at the end time. Thus, if you have it set to change your profile to "phone only" for 2 hours, at the end of 2 hours it simply leaves the phone set on "phone only". Pretty much worthless.
    3. Cerberus Call Filter - advertised to block calls on a "black list". Theoretically supposed to not let the call through, but send it to voicemail. It does send the call to voicemail but only after the caller id on the phone shows the number, which usually takes 2-3 rings. Again, it's worthless. When the phone rings, I pull it out to look to see who's calling, the caller id flashes the number and I can simply hit the ignore button to send to voice mail. So, what purpose does this software serve if it always lets the phone ring several times before it sends the call off to voice mail?

DOES ANYBODY FROM THE SHOPCRACKBERRY WEBSITE REVIEW THIS JUNK BEFORE THEY BEGIN SELLING IT?

I also always have problems with Cerberus I tried checking out the above FREE call blocker link..but it says it is NOT compatible with the Bold.
    06-26-09 07:33 PM
    Ceberus works good on my 8330 never had a problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 08:44 PM
    sounds like user error.
    06-27-09 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD