Hi all,

I have read the post 'blackberry 101 to fix a nuked blackberry' but app loading isn't working as the post describes. I have app loader and an os on my computer but when I click next instead of being greeting with 'comm 1' I have a blank box, when connecting the blackberry the box goes straight from blank to 'blackberry (insert PIN here)' there is never a time when it says PIN UNKNOWN. going through the process the blackberry disconnects each time it restarts itself so when the app loader gets to the point of 'reconnecting to JVM' it says the device is not connected.

The loop my bb goes through is it starts with a steady red light, goes to the blackberry loading bar and then to a white screen with wiping on it, proceeds to 16% and then the whole thing restarts again.

I have a bb 9700 and am running windows 7.

Please help!

Thanks
    04-20-11 01:52 PM
    Not sure if this is applicable or not but have you tried using BBSAK to do a complete wipe then reload the fresh OS.
    04-20-11 02:39 PM
    I have a similar problem and was going to initiate a thread when I saw your post. Same phone (Bold 9700), PC OS (Windows 7). I have installed each and every leaked OS6 version since it first appeared last year, the last one being 6.0.0.534 . Last week I had the phone in my pocket and noticed that I didn't received calls, SMS, BBM, e-mails, etc in a period of about two hours. Took the phone out and it hat the red LED flashing at about 1 minute intervals and the screen was black. I pulled the battery 4 or 5 times until it came back to life. The same thing happened the very next day. Then, during the weekend nothing happened and on Monday I had the same situation but this time the phone completely refused to respond. I tried every trick in the book but to no avail. Used BBSAK, JL_Cmder, AppLoader, BB Master Control Program, you name it, nothing worked. Then, today I opened the BB Desktop Software and at first a dialog box opened saying that my phone was either rebooting or the battery was dead and that it couldn't do nothing at that moment. However, there were 3 buttons at the bottom and one of them said UPDATE. I hit that button and it offered me the option to install 6.0.0.534, which i have installed in my computer, 5.0.0.979 and a few other versions of OS5. At first I went with OS6 but, after some time I got another message saying that the OS couldn't be installed in the phone and prompted me to enter my password, if I had one, and retry. I retried and got the same message. After that, I decided to try the OS5 and it installed without any hitch. Surprised as I was, I also felt relieved because I was able to bring my phone back from the dead. Then I proceeded to try to upgrade to OS6 again (.534) but halfway through the installation (something was happening with the JVM) the process stopped and the phone went back to the blinking red light/black screen so I downgraded to OS5 again, retried to upgrade to OS6 and again, the same problem. OK, let's try something else, so I wiped the phone with JL_Cmder, proceeded to install an older version of OS6 (.499) only to get back to the same state of brick. Right now it has 5.0.0.979 but I want to go back to OS6, though the freaking phone now seems to be OS6-phobic after performing flawlessly for the last 6 months.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as many details as possible to see if someone can explain what can be happening and what can be done. Obviously, I want to go back to OS6.
    04-20-11 02:42 PM
    Any and all suggestions welcome and appreciated beyondthebox, thanks will goggle what you said and try it. I also tried to wipe with jm_caulder but I don't think it worked.
    04-20-11 03:19 PM
    BBSAK didn't recognise my device, think it's disconnecting and reconnecting too fast anyone have any ideas?
    04-20-11 03:33 PM
    @curiouscat, try what I did. As i said before, nothing worked for me until I used the most recent Desktop Software and downgraded to OS5. I think your goal right now should be to get the phone out of the bricked state and then work from there.

What OS were you using and how did the phone got bricked?
    04-20-11 03:40 PM
    would love to but because the phone restarts itself, as soon as the device is inislised during the update process the phone starts on the loop and disconnects and then reconnects so it can't get passed the 'reconnecting to jvm' stage. That's why I tried the app loader as if you press 'next' when it says UNKNOWN PIN then, according to the post, it prevents the phone from looping but I don't have that. I don't know how it was bricked, second hand, thought I could fix and make a bit of money by wiping and reinstalling os like I have before. Regretting it now as I have actually lost money if I can't figure this out. Thanks for trying to help. Anything else I could try? I just tried your suggestion, downgrading and got stuck at the same place but loop froze for a second, got excited but then the freeze turned into a blank screen, be ideal if the phone was discoverable in this state. It's not. Have to do a battery pull to wake it up but then the loop starts again arrrhhhh
    04-20-11 04:08 PM
    Man, I really don't know what else to say. For me it has been a matter of trial and error until something worked. I still have to figure out how to reinstall OS6. I hate OS5. I'll gladly let you know if I can figure something out.
    04-20-11 04:14 PM
    that's ok. I actually think you should try uninstalling dm and reinstall and then just connect your bb and have it suggest an update and cross your fingers. Worth a try right. Good luck!
    04-20-11 04:17 PM
    ACtually something similar happened to me. What i did was i backed it up and then once it finished i re loaded OS 5 without restoring my data or backing up when it asked to and it fixed my phone! If you cant back up your phone then i would just re load OS 5 without backing up and restoring since loosing data is worse then having no phone at all.
    04-20-11 04:21 PM
    Hi Davian, Wow must of really brought a doosy, tried your suggestion, no dice. Thanks though.
    04-20-11 04:29 PM
    I've had that similar experience and I read somewhere (I've forgotten) to fix that. I'll try my best to recall my memory.

First of all, install any OS on your PC that you intend to put on you handheld. Delete vendor.xml bla bla that routine.

Now open apploader.exe but don't connect your handheld to USB just yet. Go to the window where it shows a blank box which is supposed to be your PIN if it was connected. Turn of your handheld and remove its battery. With battery removed, connect you handheld to usb and wait until it that blank box shows your PIN, which is only a few seconds. When the box shows your PIN, click next right away. After you reach files selection window (where you pick what files you want to include in the installation) put back your battery then proceed as normal.

Hope this helps.
    04-20-11 09:58 PM
    Pudiste solucionarlo ?? tengo el mismo problema, te agradezco si me ayudas !! porque ya he hecho de todo y no me a funcionado y lo quiero recuperar ya que solo tiene poco tiempo de uso, espero lo hallas solucionado para que ayudes a los que todavia no, o por favor alguein que me de aunque sea una idea
    Hi all,

I have read the post 'blackberry 101 to fix a nuked blackberry' but app loading isn't working as the post describes. I have app loader and an os on my computer but when I click next instead of being greeting with 'comm 1' I have a blank box, when connecting the blackberry the box goes straight from blank to 'blackberry (insert PIN here)' there is never a time when it says PIN UNKNOWN. going through the process the blackberry disconnects each time it restarts itself so when the app loader gets to the point of 'reconnecting to JVM' it says the device is not connected.

The loop my bb goes through is it starts with a steady red light, goes to the blackberry loading bar and then to a white screen with wiping on it, proceeds to 16% and then the whole thing restarts again.

I have a bb 9700 and am running windows 7.

Please help!

Thanks
    04-17-12 01:18 PM
    My blackberry has something quite similar. When i connect my nuked blackberry to the system without battery, instead of getting PIN:UNKNOWN it immediately shows my blackberry pin. SO what am i to do? Please advise
    04-09-13 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD