wellllll, i finally got off the BB fence and bought my first BB. i got SOOO fed up with the limited capabilities of cell phones that i really didn't have a choice. the actual motivator was BB finally made a fat thumb model (the 9000 Bold) so my fat thumbs can pretend they are as nimble as the rest of the world has!! lol. i am still getting used to my Bold but i'm verrrry frustrated with the limited explanations in the handbook on how to do things. i think it's a cop out that RIM expects a user to go to forums to learn about how to use a divice i bought from THEM. anywho. i am stillllllll trying to find out how to write "to do" lists on my laptop and get them onto my BB, hopefully i will figure that out soon.

here is my question.. i think texting (SMS is a term i had never heard of until i bought my BB) involves too many steps.. unless i am doing it wrong. Has anyone used QuickText? i also am curious about NotNow.. which looks good but as i have learned from these forums, sometimes after purchase they are not as seemless to use as promised.

any thoughts?

thanks,
    steven
    11-06-08 08:16 AM
    If you use MS outlook or any of the other programs (i believe lotus notes and a few others) that you BB can sync with, if you create tasks/memos/notes on them you can sync those with your berry, that's what I do.

Texting is just as many steps as e-mailing (if not fewer), so i guess i'd need to know what steps you're taking for me to help you out with that.

but the way I text is i start typing the persons name, hit menu, hit send sms text...however you have to enable dialing from the home screen, which is the default
    11-06-08 08:45 AM
    Email at least has the shortcut of hitting "c" in the message screen to just start writing, I wish there was something like that for sms.
    11-06-08 09:14 AM
    Email at least has the shortcut of hitting "c" in the message screen to just start writing, I wish there was something like that for sms.
    well to reply to a sms hit the R button..
    11-06-08 11:04 AM
    I used NotNow and wasn't a big fan. Too many steps IMO. I could just as easily ignore the call and SMS the person with an AutoText entry. I haven't used QuickText, but I do use QSMS which enables you to hit "Q" to quickly compose and SMS and best of all is free.
    11-06-08 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD