09-06-12 11:02 PM
138 1234 ...
tools
    idk i tried this, and it just didnt work right.
    08-20-08 01:58 PM
    I checked the permission settings and they were set to "custom." I changed them all to "allow" and now I don't get the big pause after I hang up but I still don't get the sms menu.

My settings include:

always ask: checked
    only of call less than: 60 sec
    Auto close window in: 20 sec.
    always send to mobile: tired both checked and not checked - same results

What else should I try or what other info do you need?
    you can try doing a soft reset but what it suppose to happen is the Send screen will popup as soon as you press the Ignore button. do you have any other apps that perform something after disconnect?
    08-20-08 02:33 PM
    Progress I think. After another soft reset the sms menu is now coming up. However, when I select a message to send it says "can't open SMS."
    08-20-08 04:23 PM
    Progress I think. After another soft reset the sms menu is now coming up. However, when I select a message to send it says "can't open SMS."
    which BB model do you have and who is your wireless carrier?
    08-22-08 03:14 PM
    to ag's point ....... I don't want this to avoid calls, I want this because I have 2 phones, and often I will forward one to the other so I can carry only one but not miss calls. problem is Sprint charges $.20 per minute for forwarded calls. this app would allow me to hit the "ignore" button, let my caller know which phone to call me on, and to let them know I will call them right back.
    08-24-08 08:08 PM
    OK -- so not very impressed so far....... I really want this to work, so I'm not just complaining here, but .....

Installed it on 8130 Pearl, paid for it and got Reg Key, but when I enter Reg Key I get message that it is invalid. The application simply does not work in Trial Mode. Will not intercept call when End key is pushed while incoming call is ringing.

Installed it on 8330 Curve in Trial Mode. Like the Pearl, it simply does not work -- doesn't intercept call when end key is pressed while incoming is ringing. As an added benefit, now at the conclusion of a call, the "disconnecting" screen hangs for about 15 seconds -- the device is not locked up, it just won't respond to any inputs for that 15 seconds -- then the screen with the available text messages shows up and it must be exited with the "back" key.

I've sent emails via Crackberry Support, I've sent emails directly to toysoft.ca, and after 4 days none have been answered.

So at this point, I'm out $5.95, have an app that doesn't work and actually causes a problem, and I can't get anybody's attention.

I hope it gets better from here.
    08-26-08 08:14 PM
    OK -- so not very impressed so far....... I really want this to work, so I'm not just complaining here, but .....

Installed it on 8130 Pearl, paid for it and got Reg Key, but when I enter Reg Key I get message that it is invalid. The application simply does not work in Trial Mode. Will not intercept call when End key is pushed while incoming call is ringing.

Installed it on 8330 Curve in Trial Mode. Like the Pearl, it simply does not work -- doesn't intercept call when end key is pressed while incoming is ringing. As an added benefit, now at the conclusion of a call, the "disconnecting" screen hangs for about 15 seconds -- the device is not locked up, it just won't respond to any inputs for that 15 seconds -- then the screen with the available text messages shows up and it must be exited with the "back" key.

I've sent emails via Crackberry Support, I've sent emails directly to toysoft.ca, and after 4 days none have been answered.

So at this point, I'm out $5.95, have an app that doesn't work and actually causes a problem, and I can't get anybody's attention.

I hope it gets better from here.
    sorry but which email address did you send it to support@toysoft.ca?

it could be filtered out. here is what you need to do

1 make sure permissions are set to ALLOW to Options->advanced->applications app

2 do not use "always send to mobile number" in NotNow as this will do a lookup in your Contacts for the caller's mobile number. if not found then the sms screen will not be opened

3 if your code is correct then you did not input the correct PIN for your BB when you did the purchase. the PIN number in entered in CAPS
    08-26-08 10:09 PM
    I would like an options to auto-reply without any interaction by myself. Went to the dentist and cannot do anything with the phone, so have an auto-reply all set up would be a very nice addition.

Jeffrey
    08-27-08 12:40 PM
    I saw this feature on a friend's Treo and I thought it was really cool! I'm going to try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was almost leaning towards a Treo (post 8700) because of this feature but that idea quickly left my head when I found out that the Treo didn't have DND. I'll try this out and if it's all good....my Curve will officially do EVERYTHING I want it to do!
    08-27-08 12:58 PM
    FakeCall - I prefer to lie my way out of situations rather than "man up"
    and say "Excuse me, I have to take this call" or "I'm sorry, but I have to go"
    so I'll just let my phone save me?
    An alternative to FakeCall is to just set your alarm for a certain time and change the alarm tone to whatever incomming call tone you have. The best part is after you get the first "call", you can snooze it to "call" you again in 1, 5, or 10 minutes (whatever you have snooze set to). Hehehe! That has saved me numerous times.
    08-27-08 01:04 PM
    I think that if this program is like all others, the permissions must be set immediately after download. Worse case scenario for all of you is to uninstall and reinstall then set permissions immediately upon download. If that doesn't work, it's just not meant to work with the Berries due to bugs in the system that needs to be upgraded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 01:45 PM
    sorry but which email address did you send it to support@toysoft.ca?

it could be filtered out. here is what you need to do

1 make sure permissions are set to ALLOW to Options->advanced->applications app

2 do not use "always send to mobile number" in NotNow as this will do a lookup in your Contacts for the caller's mobile number. if not found then the sms screen will not be opened

3 if your code is correct then you did not input the correct PIN for your BB when you did the purchase. the PIN number in entered in CAPS
    OK -- so now I AM impressed !! ........

Thanks for your reply Smiley88 .....

1. Options were not all set to "allow" as you suggested. evidently default is custom / custom / allow which is the way I found the Pearl set (it's brand new and I have not reset any permissions or the defaults). I reset all 3 to allow

2. "always send to mobile number" was indeed checked by default, and I unchecked it

3. My PIN was indeed submitted correctly, and was indeed entered in CAPS for the alphas, and the original Reg Key sent to me via email gave "invalid" message. When I checked my account on the CB store page there was a different Reg Key shown there than was sent via email, and that Reg Key was valid. Don't understand why I got a different one, but I did.

Regarding the email to support@toysoft.ca -- I sent an email from a gmail account and from an aol account. I also submitted a help request on the support page on CB as well. No replies from any of those, so hope your filters aren't filtering gmail and aol.

Anyway -- it is working now, and based on the first several trial calls seems to be working very well -- at least on the Pearl. I'll go back and reinstall a trial copy on the Curve and try it again. The setup was the same as the Pearl so that may be the issue. I'm thinking you need to get some instructions out somehow so users know how to set up properly.

This is a neat app !!

Thanks for your comeback here on the boards.
    Last edited by Go Blue; 08-27-08 at 04:16 PM. Reason: correct typo
    08-27-08 04:07 PM
    I would like an options to auto-reply without any interaction by myself. Went to the dentist and cannot do anything with the phone, so have an auto-reply all set up would be a very nice addition.

Jeffrey
    That would be perfect!!! I have the Blackberry pearl 8130
    09-11-08 08:47 AM
    This software doesn't work people I am running a brand new Curve with up to date software and get an error cant open SMS. I see others have hadthe same error in this thread....toysoft basically just told me to get a refund from who I bought it from. It is not worth the hassle especially since the support appears to be lacking withthe product.
    Last edited by Dave N.; 10-02-08 at 02:41 PM.
    10-02-08 01:05 AM
    I got the software and let me tell you it works perfectly. I even changed my hanbdset in between and got another registration code with a free upgrade.
    I only wish that it automatically sends a sms without showing the prompt page. That will be a great help
    10-11-08 09:35 AM

Jeffrey
    Smiley88, HELLO? Would you add this as a feature or at least say no?

Jeffrey
    10-24-08 05:00 PM
    Smiley88, HELLO? Would you add this as a feature or at least say no?

Jeffrey
    can try but no guarantees it will work.
    I can setup a Do Not Disturb feature where it will send a friendly sms to all callers until you disable DND. This may not work if in Holster or keyboard is locked.
    10-24-08 06:16 PM
    can try but no guarantees it will work.
    I can setup a Do Not Disturb feature where it will send a friendly sms to all callers until you disable DND. This may not work if in Holster or keyboard is locked.
    This would be perfect and I understand the limitations!

Thank you,

Jeffrey
    10-27-08 10:32 AM
    This would be perfect and I understand the limitations!

Thank you,

Jeffrey

here is the latest beta 1.0.2

changes
    ---------

1 added new Do Not Disturb Prefs in the menu. To enable and disable and set your DND msg here

2 when you have DND enabled NotNow will Ignore all incoming calls and will send a friendly msg to all callers. If you have always send to Mobile number checked and if NotNow can not locate the caller in your contacts then no msg will be sent. to be safe uncheck "always send to mobile"

3 main structures has changed and you will need to re-enter your registration code. if you do not have it then send email support@toysoft.ca

4 for DND to work you must disable Keyboard locking

the final version will allow you to set the number of minutes or hours for DND to be active.

OTA Install www.toysoft.ca/beta/NotNow.jad

please let me know if you have any problems.
    Last edited by Smiley88; 10-28-08 at 03:56 PM.
    10-28-08 03:46 PM
    here is the latest beta 1.0.2

changes
    ---------

1 added new Do Not Disturb Prefs in the menu. To enable and disable and set your DND msg here

2 when you have DND enabled NotNow will Ignore all incoming calls and will send a friendly msg to all callers. If you have always send to Mobile number checked and if NotNow can not locate the caller in your contacts then no msg will be sent. to be safe uncheck "always send to mobile"

3 main structures has changed and you will need to re-enter your registration code. if you do not have it then send email support@toysoft.ca

4 for DND to work you must disable Keyboard locking

the final version will allow you to set the number of minutes or hours for DND to be active.

OTA Install www.toysoft.ca/beta/NotNow.jad

please let me know if you have any problems.
    I have not yet tried this, but thank you for implementing it.

So, can this be tied to the calendar, in a similar way as Profiler instead of hours/minutes?

Jeffrey

Jeffrey
    10-28-08 05:13 PM
    I have not yet tried this, but thank you for implementing it.

So, can this be tied to the calendar, in a similar way as Profiler instead of hours/minutes?

Jeffrey

Jeffrey
    possibly with keyword method. let me know if this beta works first.
    10-28-08 10:53 PM
    possibly with keyword method. let me know if this beta works first.
    I agree!

And it did not work!

Jeffrey
    10-29-08 11:36 AM
    I agree!

And it did not work!

Jeffrey
    do the dnd feature did not work?
    did you goto the DND Prefs and check it and put in the msg?
    what happens when you get a call? does it auto disconnect?
    which BB and OS do you have? send email support@toysoft.ca you'l get faster reply.
    10-29-08 12:37 PM
    Version 1.1 has been released.

Changes
    ---------

- added do not disturb. when DND is enabled all calls are ignore

- added Calendar support. you can enable DND in the calendar app. Transparent integration.

OTA www.toysoft.ca/ota/NotNow.jad
    11-04-08 03:44 PM
    i'm using this app on a bold right now and it doesn't work at all. is this because it's not supported on the bold or is is something else the matter?
    11-29-08 01:46 PM
138 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD