NotNow lets you ignore the incoming call and send a friendly SMS message to the caller when you can not answer the call.

There are times that you can not answer the call such as in a meeting, at the movie, driving or just busy. You can simply press the Ignore button and then select a predefined message to send to the caller.

Click NotNow more details
    08-13-08 10:52 AM
    YAY!!! Finally!! This was an OS feature on the Treo and I miss it. I'm going to have to check this out. Thanks!!
    anon5813513 likes this.
    08-13-08 10:54 AM
    Interesting. I'll look into this. I'm always ignoring phone calls.
    08-13-08 10:57 AM
    YAY!!! Finally!! This was an OS feature on the Treo and I miss it. I'm going to have to check this out. Thanks!!
    Michelle pin me and tell me what the msg says. They blocked the website from my job!
    08-13-08 10:57 AM
    Yes. That is the reason why i created this for the BB
    Let me know what you think. The only problem is that when the caller disconnects before you take action eg: ignore you will be prompted to send a msg too. The reason is because RIM puts so much security into the OS and limit 3rd party developers access to the OS.
    08-13-08 11:11 AM
    Sounds cool. I will take a look when I get home.
    08-13-08 11:11 AM
    I saw this feature on a friend's Treo and I thought it was really cool! I'm going to try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 11:25 AM
    I haven't done any BB programming, but can you hook into the OS and determine whether the incoming call is from a number in the address book? If so, could you also determine whether it's a "mobile" number or not and, if not, send the SMS to the mobile number associated with that address book entry? That would avoid (at least in theory) the landline charge issue you mention in the beta page. If no mobile number exists, then the SMS goes back to the regular number. Could even make this a "smart option" feature and let users enable/disable as they see fit.

I saw a write up several years ago for a button on a phone that, when you pressed it, answered the incoming call and played a recording that says something like "please hold on, I'm walking somewhere so I can talk", and kept playing that until you pushed the button again. This lets you, for example, take an incoming call at a meeting without yelling "hello" and interrupting the meeting as you get up from the table. That's another feature I'd love to see!
    08-13-08 02:33 PM
    I haven't done any BB programming, but can you hook into the OS and determine whether the incoming call is from a number in the address book? If so, could you also determine whether it's a "mobile" number or not and, if not, send the SMS to the mobile number associated with that address book entry? That would avoid (at least in theory) the landline charge issue you mention in the beta page. If no mobile number exists, then the SMS goes back to the regular number. Could even make this a "smart option" feature and let users enable/disable as they see fit.

I saw a write up several years ago for a button on a phone that, when you pressed it, answered the incoming call and played a recording that says something like "please hold on, I'm walking somewhere so I can talk", and kept playing that until you pushed the button again. This lets you, for example, take an incoming call at a meeting without yelling "hello" and interrupting the meeting as you get up from the table. That's another feature I'd love to see!
    that should be not a problem. the only problem i can see is the time it will take to search your contacts. I know some have 1000's of contacts. We have this feature in our Treo Lightwav app so it is possible to do a mobile look up.
    08-13-08 06:25 PM
    How much is it? Where can you purchase it? there is nothing on the website about price.
    08-14-08 12:37 AM
    How much is it? Where can you purchase it? there is nothing on the website about price.
    we are still adding some features and testing. hopefully we will release v1.0 next week.
    08-14-08 01:13 AM
    Took it for a spin, not working.
    Mainly because the + in front of all the incoming numbers were truncated making it unable to send SMS.

Best
    Idian
    08-14-08 06:36 AM
    I'm sorry people but this thing like the Fake Call thing
    just seems idiotic.

This one: No use to me because anyone who calls me
    and does not get an answer is smart enough to realize I'm either
    busy or not in the mood to talk to them. They don't need a text
    confirmation of either.

The Fake Call app is equally ridiculous in that I could simply
    say "Excuse me I have to take this call". No need for
    pretending, lying or any other kind of deception. And neither
    options cost me a dime.
    08-14-08 07:19 AM
    I'm sorry people but this thing like the Fake Call thing
    just seems idiotic.

This one: No use to me because anyone who calls me
    and does not get an answer is smart enough to realize I'm either
    busy or not in the mood to talk to them. They don't need a text
    confirmation of either.

The Fake Call app is equally ridiculous in that I could simply
    say "Excuse me I have to take this call". No need for
    pretending, lying or any other kind of deception. And neither
    options cost me a dime.
    amazinglygraceless,
    I read your comment in another post and I do understand your point but that is a preference for you. As oppose to others some people like having the automation preference. What may seemingly be ridiculous to you may just as well be equally important to the next person. It's all about preferences!
    08-14-08 07:42 AM
    Took it for a spin, not working.
    Mainly because the + in front of all the incoming numbers were truncated making it unable to send SMS.

Best
    Idian
    do you required the +? which country are you in?
    08-14-08 09:53 AM
    amazinglygraceless,
    I read your comment in another post and I do understand your point but that is a preference for you. As oppose to others some people like having the automation preference. What may seemingly be ridiculous to you may just as well be equally important to the next person. It's all about preferences!
    ...ummm, yeah and that preference is what?

NotNow - I prefer to think the person calling me is just not bright
    enough to figure out when I don't answer that I am busy, asleep, driving
    home, don't want to be bothered, etc...

FakeCall - I prefer to lie my way out of situations rather than "man up"
    and say "Excuse me, I have to take this call" or "I'm sorry, but I have to go"
    so I'll just let my phone save me?
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-14-08 at 03:33 PM.
    08-14-08 03:25 PM
    changes
    ---------

- 10 day trial instead of 7 for new install only

- added new option in the prefs to send to Mobile number only. If this is checked and no mobile number is found for the caller then no msg sent. if you uncheck this then NotNow will send to every caller.

- added help screen in the Prefs screen

OTA install http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/NotNow.jad
    08-15-08 10:35 AM
    It would be great if your already on a call and another call comes in to use your SMS program!
    Last edited by lindsey; 08-18-08 at 09:19 AM. Reason: forgot something
    08-18-08 09:17 AM
    do you required the +? which country are you in?
    Yes I do.
    I am in Indonesia all all incoming calls ( including local calls ) will have + follow by country follow by area code then the actual numbers.
    08-19-08 07:59 AM
    Sweet program!!!
    08-19-08 08:20 AM
    Yes I do.
    I am in Indonesia all all incoming calls ( including local calls ) will have + follow by country follow by area code then the actual numbers.
    so the + sign is required when you send the msg?
    08-19-08 10:03 AM
    Interesting...Img going to check this out! Thanks!
    08-19-08 10:21 AM
    Hello,

I love this idea and used the ignore with sms feature on my Treo all the time. However, I'm glad I started with the trial. This is not working for me.

Basically, when I get a call and hit "ignore" I do not get a popup and no SMS is sent. I have tried unchecking the "always send friendly" option, restarting the unit and rechecking it. But still nothing.

What does happen though is that there is a 10-20 second freeze at the call disconnect screen either when I hit ignore on an incoming call or when I end any call.

Any ideas?

My phone is a Sprint 8330 with firmware version 4.3.0.127
    08-19-08 01:12 PM
    Hello,

I love this idea and used the ignore with sms feature on my Treo all the time. However, I'm glad I started with the trial. This is not working for me.

Basically, when I get a call and hit "ignore" I do not get a popup and no SMS is sent. I have tried unchecking the "always send friendly" option, restarting the unit and rechecking it. But still nothing.

What does happen though is that there is a 10-20 second freeze at the call disconnect screen either when I hit ignore on an incoming call or when I end any call.

Any ideas?

My phone is a Sprint 8330 with firmware version 4.3.0.127
    can you double check to make sure the permission is set to all ALLOW for NotNow in the Options->advanced->Application
    08-19-08 03:17 PM
    I checked the permission settings and they were set to "custom." I changed them all to "allow" and now I don't get the big pause after I hang up but I still don't get the sms menu.

My settings include:

always ask: checked
    only of call less than: 60 sec
    Auto close window in: 20 sec.
    always send to mobile: tired both checked and not checked - same results

What else should I try or what other info do you need?
    08-20-08 12:56 PM
138 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD