Hi.

Posting on behalf of a friend, who has a BB Bold, on Orange in the UK.

I have his company up with hosted exchange via Microsoft Online Services, and we are trying to use NotifySync to get his email, calendar et al sync'd over the air.

I've setup NotifySync fine, and he can manually sync his device, and get email, calendar and contact updates perfectly.

However, cannot get it to directly push these updates to his handset. When we set direct push, it just doesn't work - nothing comes through, and when we sync manually - he gets email.

There are no errors or warnings - everything seems fine when we manually sync, I just cant get it to do it automatically on its own.

Anyone have any experience or advice they can share?

Thanks
    07-26-10 06:32 AM
    Have you spoken to Notify UK support ? They have an excellent knowledge base and support ticketing site at kb.notifysync.co.uk

I believe Direct Push with NotifySync requires TCP APN details defined and working. Have you put the Orange APN settings on the device ?
    07-26-10 07:01 AM
    Have you spoken to Notify UK support ? They have an excellent knowledge base and support ticketing site at kb.notifysync.co.uk

I believe Direct Push with NotifySync requires TCP APN details defined and working. Have you put the Orange APN settings on the device ?
    Thats the ticket

added the APN settings to TCP, and set NotifySync to use TCP - and its sorted.

Thanks for your help
    07-26-10 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD