I am running Facebook 1.6 on a Curve 8900. I am getting the little blue "f" icon signifying the number of notifications. That's good, however this is only for Notifications, not Status updates.

On the image below, there is a 4 next to the fb icon, so when I got to FB and select the Notification icon with the little red "X", sure enough there are 4 Notifications or replies to someone's Status.

However, I also notice (unbeknownst to me) that some friends have updated their Status too! What do I have to set in order to also get notified that friends have updated their status? Not just that they have replied to someone?

I mean how am I to reply to someone if I don't know that they have updated their Status?

02-06-10 02:23 PM
    Not sure if you've noticed but even on facebook on your comp it doesn't give you notifications when there's status updates sure it says there's been 40 new notifications since last time you've logged on and click here to see but if doesn't ever put them under notifications. To check status updates you just have to check the site/app/persons profile to see what's up. Status update notifications have never been an option on the blackberry app or the real website...

One thing you can try is going on the real website from your computer and clicking on whatever friend you want to watch and selecting notify me of so and so's status updates. But you'll have to do that for each individual person and it may come in text format, not through the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 09:54 PM
    Status updates are not pushed out or your blackberry would never ever stop ringing. Status updates are part of your live feed. Just open up the facebook application and select "status updates" and there you go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 08:49 AM
    Thanks for your replies.

I just wanted to know if I was missing something. At least now I know.
    02-07-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD