I am a recent convert from the Palm platform and have fully transitioned to my Tour. Two apps that I am searching for replacements for are Daynotez and Bonsai. Daynotez is a diary/journal app that I used for keeping track of billable time with clients as well as any important things going on during the day. Bonsai is a outliner that is great for breaking down projects into bite sized tasks.

I have not been able to find similar apps for the BB. Any suggestions?
    08-25-09 04:15 PM
    Nobody has a need for a business journal app?
    08-27-09 08:29 AM
    I think if you do a search for notes, there will be a lot of suggestions. The ones I have seen suggested include: Evernote and the software combinations from RexWireless (Idea Matrix, ToDoMatrix, etc.). Not sure these are exactly what you are looking for.

I use the Note program that comes with the BB since it syncs with Outlook. I can then re-enter or copy/paste into client files.

Alternativley, I fill in the important points of a meeting with a client in the calendar section which also syncs with OL. I have OL set to sync with my time and billing software, so that works for me. I can then expand on any notes I made.

Since I like to use a legal pad when I am with a client, the more detailed notes are scanned directly into my computer, attached to the client file, and the hard copy is shredded.

Hope that the 2 software suggestions above help get you started.
    Last edited by lark54; 08-27-09 at 08:58 AM. Reason: typo
    08-27-09 08:57 AM
    I am a recent convert from the Palm platform and have fully transitioned to my Tour. Two apps that I am searching for replacements for are Daynotez and Bonsai. Daynotez is a diary/journal app that I used for keeping track of billable time with clients as well as any important things going on during the day. Bonsai is a outliner that is great for breaking down projects into bite sized tasks.

I have not been able to find similar apps for the BB. Any suggestions?
    we have a app called CallNotes which let you create a note, task or followup appt after each call.

another app myCallLogs logs all your call including time to the calendar for all incoming and outgoing calls.

check our site Toysoft Development, Inc. - PalmOS and BlackBerry Applications
    08-27-09 09:42 AM
    I used DayNotez on my Treo. Now I use IdeaMatrix

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 10:03 AM
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I will give them try and see what works best.
    08-27-09 12:23 PM
    I used DayNotez on my Treo. Now I use IdeaMatrix

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am trialing IdeaMatrix and it is a good substitute for DayNotez. My only concern is if I want to switch to a different software or move away from BlackBerry, it is not easy to get information out of IdeaMatrix. You can email individual notes or entire folders so switching to other software would entail a lot of cutting and pasting. Am I missing something?
    09-02-09 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD