Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
12-21-10 01:56 PM
43 12
tools
    I didn't get notifications today. They screwed this app majorly. And still no sounds. This is disappointing considering its not even a 3rd party making this app, its an actual RIM app.
    11-17-10 03:18 PM
    Yeah its pretty ridiculous that an "upgrade" is this broken. I emailed blackberry several days ago, still no response. So frustrating

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 03:20 PM
    This is the second time since the new version that I've lost notifications, and thinking about it, I believe both times it's happened after the app locked up and I had to do a battery pull. The Facebook option didn't show up in my notification profiles, but I just did a battery pull and it's back in there again. And my notifications are again working.
    11-17-10 04:35 PM
    I'm having notification issues too on my 9700 and I've been running version 1.9 since it came out. Hope they fix this! :/

11-17-10 05:37 PM
    I wasn't getting any notifications either after the "upgrade" to 1.9 Go to facebook on your PC and then under Account and Account Settings, click on the Notifications tab...now scroll down to the Other Applications section and click on the Show more if Facebook for Blackberry is not listed....once there, check to make sure all are enabled. I had to do this and I started getting notifications again. This might not be a true fix - but just something that worked for me. I have yet to see if this will stick after a battery pull.
    11-18-10 09:55 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion Kazami!!

Unfortunately it hasn't worked. Still not getting notifications even after checking that box. Also, I've noticed 2 other things: I no longer have the option of sending a picture to facebook. The other options are listed; ie twitter, mms, email and so on. But facebook is not an option now. Berrybuzz also no longer has an option for a facebook rintone and neither does the sound profile menu!! Its as if the fb app isnt there. However it is clearly listed in my applications and I am able to use in all its capacity. I just have no "link" to it, meaning no notification alerts.

At this point I guess I have 2 choices: accept the fact that if I do a battery pull or a quick pull that the fb app will no longer work, or just stop using the app since the only thing i can do is post to it but then I have to go to the mobile site to see if anyone replies back so using the app is worthless. Ugh so frustrated.
    11-18-10 12:54 PM
    Ever since downloading the new version 1.9, havent been getting email notifications from Facebook and its pissing me off. They blocked Facebook at work and email notifications are they only way I can respond if I don't have my phone with me. Anyone have a fix yet?
    11-18-10 12:58 PM
    Ever since downloading the new version 1.9, havent been getting email notifications from Facebook and its pissing me off. They blocked Facebook at work and email notifications are they only way I can respond if I don't have my phone with me. Anyone have a fix yet?
    No fix that I know of yet. I keep searching the forums but on one has any real idea what to do. Blackberry isnt any help either. No response still from the email I sent. Is there a Help line or anything? Havent found one but maybe someone else knows of one.
    11-18-10 01:01 PM

Unfortunately it hasn't worked. Still not getting notifications even after checking that box. Also, I've noticed 2 other things: I no longer have the option of sending a picture to facebook. The other options are listed; ie twitter, mms, email and so on. But facebook is not an option now. Berrybuzz also no longer has an option for a facebook rintone and neither does the sound profile menu!! Its as if the fb app isnt there. However it is clearly listed in my applications and I am able to use in all its capacity. I just have no "link" to it, meaning no notification alerts.

At this point I guess I have 2 choices: accept the fact that if I do a battery pull or a quick pull that the fb app will no longer work, or just stop using the app since the only thing i can do is post to it but then I have to go to the mobile site to see if anyone replies back so using the app is worthless. Ugh so frustrated.
    sure np...another place that has detailed app settings is under Account>Privacy Settings...look at the bottom left...there is a link to Applications and Websites...in there are detailed settings of what to enable and what to disable for all apps that connect to FB, incl FB4BB....I made sure all were enabled...it also shows you when your information was last accessed by the FB app....after this, try logging out and clearing your cache on the BB app then logging back in....
    11-18-10 01:26 PM
    Thanks. But all that stuff was already enabled so that can't be the problem. Ah well.

11-18-10 03:13 PM

I deleted the facebook i downloaded trough appworld and downloaded it again from blackberry.com mobile site, the send photo to facebook option is back as well as social feeds is now showing facebook as option. literally just did that now so no idea about notifications yet.
    11-18-10 03:22 PM
    i am so Android next July just did a battery pull and have my fb notification back for the moment. i held off doing a fb upgrade which is bull when u upgrade apps u should not have to dread it .GET IT THE F TOGETHER FB AND BB
    12-19-10 06:50 AM
    I simply downgraded back to facebook 1.8 , now everything works hopefully RIM hurry and get Facebook 2.0 up and running don't understand how the Beta 1.9 worked so flwless and they messed up the official release so badly

12-19-10 02:27 PM
    fb 1.9.0.20 and os 6 .418

i had the same problems with the fb notifcations and read a solution in the fb forum.
    im not really sure if its just luck or really the solving of the issue but one can try it probably it'll helps

1) go to fb account on pc
    2) account - account settings
    3) notifications
    4) other applications - fb for bb smartphones
    5) now set a hook in this chop
    6) battery pull
    its strange because its normally just about the mail notification and probably you almost know this
    Last edited by Gadauskas; 12-21-10 at 03:17 AM. Reason: just forgot
    12-21-10 02:53 AM
    Downgrading to v1.8 is probably the best option for users right now until a later release fixes the notification problem.

Everything works fine again with v1.8.
    12-21-10 09:10 AM
    I downgraded to 1.8 a couple weeks ago and some days I get notifications and some days I dont. Sunday I got them, but yesterday and today I haven't gotten any. It's really screwing me up. I NEED my notifications!!
    12-21-10 11:18 AM
    im now with the settings i posted ago

and it really works fine so probably just try before downgrading, takes just a moment to set
    Last edited by Gadauskas; 12-21-10 at 03:03 PM.
    12-21-10 01:12 PM
    Now there is a whole new issue: no sounds for facebook?? I went to edit the sound profiles on my bb to see what the issue was, and there is no longer a "facebook" under any of the categories in ring tones/alerts, so there is no way to set a ringer or even a vibrate to facebook when you get a notification. Seems dumb that now all I get is the red asterisk over the facebook app logo now.

Same problem here. Everthing works perfectly fine with my FB, but I have no sounds or vibrations to let me know the notifications are coming through, and when I go to edit the profile to enable the tone & vibration, FB isn't even listed there anymore.

This all started when I ran the BB (not FB) update recently.

[ninja edit] just did a battery pull and now facebook appears in the "other" group when I go to edit the Normal profile. nice. [/ninja edit]
    Last edited by sraldiris; 12-21-10 at 01:59 PM.
    12-21-10 01:56 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD