Hi all....
    I just connected my facebook with my bb, but I'm not receiving the notifications. I have made sure all the setting are in place on the facebook end, and I've done (all I know) to be done on my bb, so I'm not sure what I"m missing.

In addition to this issue, I also have another issue which is unrelated.
    I know there's a way to do it, but how can I change (or even just add) another email addy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I almost didn't ask the latter simply because I know it's got to be a very simple fix, but since last night I've looked and looked, and it's not letting me get to the point to do it.

Thanks so much!
    11-26-09 09:52 PM
    You have to make sure the email account that you receive Facebook notifications on is set up on your BlackBerry otherwise you won't receive any Facebook notifications. If it is not, either add it to your BlackBerry or change your settings on Facebook (computer) so that your notifications go to an email account associated with your BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 11:28 PM
    There should be an icon on your berry that says "Email Settings". Go into there and you should be able to set your other account that way, I believe it has a setup wizard type screen to help you out step by step. The girl at verizon set my yahoo email up that way in the store. I set up my @vzw.blackberry.net account myself.
    That blackberry.net email is my facebook notification email. I had it set to my yahoo account before. Everything is fine with mine.
    Are you not receiving FB notifications (I.e. the little red star over the FB app box on your homescreen) or are you not receiving emails when you receive messages, wall posts, ect from FB? I ask this because for the longest time I couldn't understand why I never had a little red star on my FB icon, but I received emails. I know it sounds stupid and you might know this but you have to stay logged in to your FB app for you to get notifications from the app (not emails).
    Hope this helps!

11-27-09 01:38 AM
    I am having the same issue, and my only email acct is the same on my bb and facebook.I don't get notified of anything at all, no emails or little facebook icon. I don't even get notified when I receive a message in my facebook inbox. what do I need to do to fix that?

11-27-09 07:46 AM
    Ok, I checked the box for blackberry smartphones in my notifications on the computer facebook site. We will see if that makes a difference!

11-27-09 08:03 AM
    You have to change the facebook notification settings on your facebook account on your computer instead of your blackberry. Make sure the settings for your account are set up to receive e-mail notifications when someone posts something on your page. The settings for facebook on your blackberry will not allow you to do that.
    11-27-09 09:19 AM
    I also had this problem once. Make sure your fb email notifications are not being sent to your spam folder. That was the solution to my problem. Also I would check my BB firewall settings and make sure you are not blocking your messages.
    11-30-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD