im not getting any notifications when someone writes on my wall or anything. how do i fix this??
    05-11-09 05:28 PM
    What I had to do a couple times was reset the notification system between the device and facebook. You can do this by going to the Notifications under the Account Settings on the facebook website. Now set all your notifications to off and save changes. Finally go back in and set them to on and save. This will reinitialize the connection between the two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 05:36 PM
    tried that still nothing. any other ways you know of?
    05-11-09 09:07 PM
    I've been experiencing this same problem. I've uninstalled, downloaded again, reset all notifications, all to no avail. I also don't have BIS right now so I thought that was my problem. Do you have BIS?
    05-11-09 10:14 PM
    Make sure the email notifications aren't going to your junk mail by mistake.
    05-12-09 12:29 AM
    yeah, try troubleshooting this by making sure they're making it to your email first off, then start looking at making sure your email is reaching your phone. All the app does is take emails from facebook out of your email inbox and convert them to FB notifications, so the problem isn't with the FB app if you're not getting notifications. It's something between the website and your email account or junk settings.
    05-12-09 04:28 AM
    yes like post above says, 9/10 the problem is the email notifications are in your junk mail, check their first casue if the notifications arnt going to your inbox then they will never make it to your phone, also a common misconseption is people think the app it self will set up the notifications, but really all its doing is taking the email and making a notification to fancy it up, also make sure the email account that gets the notifications from facebook is your primary account on the blackberry i heard of issues when people set it up as forwarded to a different email then that email is on their blackberry
    05-12-09 08:25 AM
    Also check that there is not a space in front of your e-mail you want to use on facebook. I have seen many hours wasted because someone had a space before there name.
    05-12-09 08:27 AM
    Thanks digitalb0y,

I did not understand how the app worked. Moving the notifications out of junk worked like a charm.
    05-13-09 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD