i'm suddenly not getting any facebook alerts..i'm not even getting them in email either...my settings are still the same and have gone back and undid it and rechecked everything and still no alerts on my storm...is anyone else have this problem..what do you do to fix this?
    11-12-09 05:40 PM
    maybe uninstall the app, reboot your phone and then reinstall ?
    11-12-09 08:09 PM
    i had this problem today... but i just assume its a facebook thing... it happened once before on my curve a month or so ago but it was happening to everybody... a couple days later it started working again and i hadn't done anything. so i'm just being patient.
    11-12-09 09:24 PM
    My wife is having the same problem. yesterday. So prob a facebook issue.

Later,
    B.
    11-14-09 06:58 AM
    yeh, im having same problem last few days as well.

I uninstalled and reinstalled app couple days ago, but still same problem.
    11-14-09 07:14 AM
    I have a tip I got from someone else on these forums. If you don't want to see Facebook notifications in your regular email, set up your VZW blackberry net account (or whoever your provider is) on your BB but hide it. Then go into FB and have notifications go to your BB account. Oh. This really only works if you have separate mailboxes instead of using the all-in-one mailbox.

Now my BB FB app notifies me but I'm not constantly having to clean out my Comcast email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 07:32 AM
    French:
    I did what you did, but then created a filter with my gmail account to send all my fb emails to junk or automatic archive. Works well for me. So now I never get fb emails on my BB.

11-14-09 08:32 AM
    French:
    I did what you did, but then created a filter with my gmail account to send all my fb emails to junk or automatic archive. Works well for me. So now I never get fb emails on my BB.

I had tried to do a "rule" on my Comcast account to move the FB alerts to a designated FB folder (then I could just periodically go in and delete), but for some reason this actually prevented the notify. The application wasn't registering that the e-mail hit the Comcast account since it wasn't in the "in box".

Sounds like Gmail works a bit better in that regard. I don't use my blackberry vzw e-mail addy for anything else so I'm just as glad to have one less thing hitting my gmail account, which already gets BOMBARDED with junk.
    11-14-09 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD