I'VE done a search int he forums for this issue which has led to a few possible fixes but none have been successful. ....let me paint a more clear picture because it seems a lot of people have had issues with this and it is really starting to get on my nerves. Also it may be a Facebook thing so im not trying to blame the phone all the way. ..and im sure there may be some user error as well.

I originally had my gmail acct linked to my blackberry. this is the email acct that would normally get my noti's from facebook, i downloaded the facebook app, everything worked fine..i got the "red star" on my facebook app icon when someone left me a comment and all that jazz and it would all be listed in the "notification" portion of the facebook app...here is where it went bad. I didn't like the way linking gmail to my blackberry would send out an individual email everytime someone would reply all to an email i was on. so i downloaded the gmail app which made my gmail experience on my blackberry more like it was on the net. When doing that i deleted the gmail linked email from my blackberry...and BAM now no noti's on my facebook app. i get them on the gmail app, which is not what i want. i tried adding the gmail link back and it still didn't work. i have no clue what to do, i've heard the following possible fixes of which none have worked, Run the facebook set up wizard again, Pull the battery , ReInstall the facebook app, Go to facebook and uncheck noti's and recheck them then save. ...none of these have worked.

Would someone please tell me what i am doing to funk all this up? Thank you in advance.
    08-05-09 09:46 PM
    so basically from other people i've found out that using the "gmail app" is what has all this screwed up....that sux
    08-06-09 11:06 AM
    The Facebook app checks for notifications by monitoring your email inbox on the phone. It cannot check the gmail app for email notifications.

edit: just saw that you said you readded your mailbox to your BB? (OP is kind of hard to read ... sorry )
    08-06-09 11:14 AM
    its all good , yeah so basically i have to figure out what i want more...the gmail app...or facebook noti's to work right.
    08-06-09 11:18 AM
    Or just set up a blackberry.net email account and have FB send your notifications there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/fac...inning-281287/
    08-06-09 11:25 AM
    ...yeah see that would be no good to me either because im not allowed to bring my phone into work and then i wouldn't get the gmail noti on my computer....
    08-06-09 11:27 AM
    Then set up a separate hotmail account for facebook. Then you can check it on the computer, but at the same time have it associated with your BB to get the FB notifications.
    08-06-09 11:30 AM
    true... thank you all for your help
    08-06-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD