This just started last night and I have always been getting my notifications. On fb I've always had my boxes unchecked because it was annoying getting that stuff through my e-mail, but still it has always came through my phone for a notification. I even did a battery pull. Is anyone having this problem?
    01-22-11 11:09 AM
    Mine stopped a couple of days ago. It happens from time to time for no apparent reason. Gets on my nerves!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 12:21 PM
    Yes, mine stopped about a week ago. It seems like it coincided with the switch to the new profile format, but I'm not sure. I haven't taken the time to investigate because it's not important to me. Maybe I'll check it out now though, since I don't really have anything better to do at the moment...
    01-22-11 01:41 PM
    OK, I just looked. Not sure if this is right, but if you go to your profile via your computer and then go to account settings there is a tab for notifications. Go to the bottom of the list and it says "facebook for BB Smartphone" under the "Other Apps" section. That box wasn't checked on mine, so I just checked it. I will see if I start getting notifications now.
    01-22-11 01:49 PM
    I've been having the same issue for a couple days now. I started getting them again last night but they have stopped again today. I tried a couple battery pulls and checking and re-checking my settings. None of that worked. Very frustrating, I agree!

I am going to head to FB on my laptop and look for that setting right now
    01-22-11 03:01 PM
    Ok, I tried checking that box and it made zippo difference. STILL no notifications.
    01-22-11 03:34 PM
    Its the same for me. its a problem ive had on and off for a few weeks now. The main problem for me is when i go to facebook and tick all notification i want then save the changes it does it, but if you go back say a couple of hours later something has unchecked the same boxes i just checked.

Tried all the battery pull outs, log out from facebook, etc, tried doing it via the computer which sometimes it works for a few days, but it always reverts back to the notifications being turned off.

Whats the point of having the Facebook app on your phone when it dont work properly. I think this is a F/B problem but its sooooo hard to contact someone on there about it. If anyone knows a fix for this i'd love to know it.
    01-22-11 03:50 PM
    Ugh. I've been having the same problem with FB for a few days but I've also noticed that my BBM messages aren't going through all the time either. I've tried everything!
    01-22-11 04:04 PM
    Its soooo annoying that this feature is a big selling point and it dont work properly. I've been doing some digging around other boards and it seems its been going on for years.

Whats the answer..........Who knows.....I've tried everything i know but with what I've been reading from other places it seems the powers that be dont take this problem seriously.........
    01-22-11 04:19 PM
    Would you believe it, While typing the previous message i just got a notification from Facebook.........jeeeez its so unpredictable, some times it works some times it dont.

We'll see how long it works for this time........
    01-22-11 04:23 PM
    I have been having the same problem as well, it seemed to start yseterday. I recently got a new Bold 9650 (VZW). I am running FB 1.9.0.20 and have tried battery pulls, uninstall and reinstall, and acct settings. All of which have been fruitless.

I beleive there is a bug issue and I figure I will downgrade to an earlier version that worked.
    01-22-11 04:37 PM
    No-one I know on either BB or iPhone are getting their notifications at the moment through their phone apps, rather they are having to surf to the mobile site to get them.

Given the issue is cross platform I'd say its' more than likely an issue on Facebook's side rather than the individual mobile platforms
    01-22-11 05:47 PM
    No-one I know on either BB or iPhone are getting their notifications at the moment through their phone apps, rather they are having to surf to the mobile site to get them.

Given the issue is cross platform I'd say its' more than likely an issue on Facebook's side rather than the individual mobile platforms
    Interesting. i have been getting notifications just fine.

01-22-11 05:52 PM
    Well,, my notifications have mysteriously started again this evening...but not consistently.

Weird..seems like they work in the evenings but not during the day. Vampire notifications? LOLOLOL
    01-22-11 08:36 PM
    Having the same issue as well. Hasn't been working all last week except a couple of times where it worked then randomly stopped. An hour ago I got 1 accurate notification and 3 delayed but got pushed to my Torch all at once. My friends who have the iPhone also have this issue as well. Since this is a common issue, I believe its from fb's side and not RIM's. I know its annoying, I also feel the same way but all we can do is wait till its fixed and hopefully soon.

Last edited by luqman24; 01-23-11 at 01:01 AM.
    01-23-11 12:59 AM
    Yeah, I can confirm that checking the notification box in my account didn't change anything. Oh well...
    01-23-11 01:57 AM
    Hi Guys, as i said in my previous post, its seems this has been going on for YEARS and from what i can gather as far back as 2009 !.

Personally I cant see this problem ever being fixed..........

Oh and Btw........my notifications are back up and running (but for how long) is anyone's guess.
    01-23-11 05:52 AM
    Same here...not that big of a deal, but wish stuff would just work right!

I live in la-la land, I know...

01-23-11 09:05 AM
    I've been having this issue for 4 or 5 days now. I finally got fed up yesterday and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. it seems to be working fine now. But for how long? Nobody knows?
    01-23-11 09:17 AM
    Hi Guys, as i said in my previous post, its seems this has been going on for YEARS and from what i can gather as far back as 2009 !.

Oh and Btw........my notifications are back up and running (but for how long) is anyone's guess.

My FB notifications had been working fine...haven't seen this problem before now. You mentioned it has been going on for years....has it been an intermittent thing? If so, how often have you experienced it?

I was hoping this was just a one time glitch thing and it would go back and be okay. I got some last night and one this morning so I guess time will tell...LOL
    01-23-11 09:35 AM

Nope for me I got this problem last week and right now its working fine not sure for how long though. Hopefully its perminantly fixed.

01-23-11 10:35 AM
    Yes Mama its intermittent never knowing when its gonna pack up again.

My problem is Something keeps turning off my notifications on Facebook.

So i go back and turn them all back on again. Sometimes it works straight away sometimes it dont. It is so annoying if your in the middle of a conversation with relatives half way across the world when it decides to stop notifying you.

I also find that turning them on via the computer gets a better response.

But hey, all this is just total Bull****. Its something that should work properly and it dont.
    01-23-11 10:43 AM
    Mine's back on again now.

Interestingly enough Socialscope did still pick up the FB happenings (wall posts, comments etc) but the native FB app did not.

All seems to be working again today.
    01-23-11 12:53 PM
    Here's something maybe worth considering, ive been in touch with three other Blackberry users who like me have the Sky Sports App downloaded onto there phone. Now i read elsewhere others having the same problem and they were saying the the Sky Sports App was stopping there notifications from working.

So i deleted mine last night and within two hours the notifications were back up and running. I told this to a B/B user today who in turn deleted her Sky Sport App and within a couple of hours hers were back up and running.

Coincidence or what ? I dont know, but maybe something to bear in mind. But now there will be loads of people coming on here saying they still have Sky Sports App on there B/B and there notifications are working fine.
    01-23-11 01:13 PM
    I keep getting duplicate notifications every hour or so like getting the same notifications over and over again. Anyone getting this too?

01-23-11 02:47 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD