I apologize if this question has been asked elsewhere, but I couldn't find any thread on this. I tried really hard to do my research before asking

I have had a Curve 8330 running 4.5 OS for the past 6 months (the 8330 was my first BB), so I'm used to being able to download any theme or app I want, since the Curve has been around so long. I know that no themes are currently available for the Tour, but what about apps? Can I download any app that requires 4.7? I was under the impression that the only apps out now for 4.7 are made for the Storm. Will that work with the Tour or will my phone get bricked because the Storm is touch screen and the Tour isn't?

I'm concerned because my Tour arrives tomorrow and I don't think I could live without UberTwitter, GoogleMobile and Viigo.

Thanks guys!
    07-13-09 05:40 PM
    Check the app publishers site for compatibility, or since they are free just download them and try them.

I doubt storm apps would brick it, more than likely they just wouldn't work.

Idk if the tour has a compatibility mode like the storm to make apps work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 06:06 PM
    There's a great thread somewhere about which 3rd party apps are working (like, have been successfully tested) and which are wonky.

All three of those are on the "working" list.
    07-13-09 06:12 PM
    There's a great thread somewhere about which 3rd party apps are working (like, have been successfully tested) and which are wonky.

All three of those are on the "working" list.

You know what, I just found that thread and bookmarked it for when I get my Tour tomorrow! As long as those apps work, I can wait a bit for the ones I use less frequently. Thank you all so much for your help.
    07-13-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD