I recently downloaded the gmail app and I think its related to my email problems with my gmail accnt.

I have two emails set up on my blackberry. Hotmail and gmail. I have been receiving hotmail emails with no problems. However as of a couple days ago I havent been receiving any gmail emails at all. I can send emails from my gmail accnt from my phone but not receive any. Is this related to installing the gmail app and how do I fix it?

My facebook app is also not working�Im guessing because my gmail accnt is tied to it.

I am with rogers and it worked flawlessly before a few days ago. I have pushed the service books many times as well.

Thanks in advance!
    09-29-08 08:25 AM
    Riggz80,

When I installed the GMail app on mine it did not effect my push e-mail from gmail. So maybe the gmail app isnt the problem. Have you shut the gmail app down to see if you get the mail?

Facebook app just picks up the facebook mails first in the account and reads them so thats why thats not working.

How about trying to reset your blackberry with a battery pull?

Or setting up the e-mail account again in BIS?
    09-29-08 08:34 AM
    bigfloppy,

i have done both of those things and even gone as far as nuking the blackberry and reinstalling the OS and still nothing.
    09-29-08 08:47 AM
    Have you got all your allow mail to be read via pop 3 setting in GMAIL ticked to yes? I am presuming you have as it was working before but worth a check

Honestly I dont think it's anything to do with Gmail app
    09-29-08 09:02 AM
    figured it out guys thanks!

had to delete the BIS accnt. Enable POP in the gmail accnt (for some reason..even though its always been enabled). Than add the BIS accnt again!
    09-29-08 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD