Greetings all, my first post so please be gentle

I've only had my 8130 for a month, so I'm still pretty wet behind the ears when it comes to this smartphone business. I do know enough to say that my blackberry rocks and so does this website!

My first question is regarding Viigo. This is my first attempt at downloading and installing a third party app (except for Z man's pearl bold theme). It downloads and installs fine, but when I go to register it keeps giving me an error and locking up my device. Has this happened to anyone else? I am running the Alltel 4.5.0.89 OS.

My second question involves the flash memory on the phone. According to advanced options>applications I have the following apps installed on my pearl: BB4.5.0 Core App Properties, BB4.5.0 System Software Properties, Attachment Service, BB Maps, BB Messenger, Bold Pearl, BrickBreaker, Browser, Email Setup, help, Memopad, Password Keeper, Phone, & Tasks. I have no sample pics or videos (those disappeared when I upgraded to 4.5.0.89), no sms, mms, or email messages saved and have removed all other languages besides english. I'm hovering around 19mb. Is this an average number for what I have or am I running a little low?

Thanks for reading and any comments.
    Last edited by phlux; 10-29-08 at 02:46 PM.
    10-29-08 02:44 PM
    Hey there. Welcome!

I installed and deleted Viigo a couple of times on my 8130 and had absolutely no problems with it. You might try a battery pull and I'm sure others will have more advice.

Re memory, sounds like your bb is in fine shape. 19mb is a pretty high number. You don't want to go below 12mb........so you're stylin'!
    10-29-08 05:49 PM
    You do have to be a little careful with viigo because it may drain your memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 05:59 PM
    Thanks for the welcome and the comments so far. I did a battery pull and reinstalled Viigo, but still the same issue when I attempt to register. I get an Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException It almost sounds like I'm getting this because I've removed some languages? Would that make sense?
    10-30-08 08:19 AM
    Open your browser. Hit the blackberry button. Go to browser configurations or whatever the top one is. Make sure all are checked. I think this may solve your problem. Good luck.

10-30-08 10:02 AM
    Thanks AJ. I checked the configuration however and all the items were checked :-(

10-30-08 11:52 AM
    Thanks for the welcome and the comments so far. I did a battery pull and reinstalled Viigo, but still the same issue when I attempt to register. I get an Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException It almost sounds like I'm getting this because I've removed some languages? Would that make sense?
    Hey man, Im readin this thread, and im like "YEAH! me too!?!"

i guess for Z mans awesome rockin bold pearl theme you upgraded to

OS 4.5 correct? use crack mem or that awesome thread 'how to free up mem' remove all the caca during upgrade etc?

Viigo wouldn't let me register, (I have a name/pswrd) and woudn't recognize "New York, NY" as a weather location!!

after some bug emails to viigo, some softreseting/uninreinstalling I decided
    to just leave it..

im trying to figure out this OperaMini now, see if can kinda do the same thing for RSS's, and im rockin Reuters push svc. (both have weather links...)

kinda miss the interface and orginization, but lately its been all about freeing up file free mem u know?
    10-30-08 01:24 PM
    i had the same problem after deleting some languages. i just redownloaded viigo and then it worked fine try downloading then do a battery pull
    10-30-08 01:34 PM
    Open browser and hit menu, options and set emanulation mode to BlackBerry, make sure all the boxes are checked as posted above...

10-30-08 02:24 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. All my settings were just as you said, but still no dice. I wound up downloading it at pinstack and for whatever reason I got it to work.

My only problem now is that I'm obsessed with my free file number. After loading Viigo it dropped from just over 20 to just under 18mb & I'm bummed about it. I'm finding it hard to enjoy my berry because I'm so worried about that stupid number. Is there some sort of support group for this problem? LOL

10-30-08 06:27 PM
    dude i hear ya...my pearl is at 27 file free and I still look for things to keep it going higher but i simply will run out of the fun and functionality of it if I go too much further.
    10-31-08 01:14 AM
    dude i hear ya...my pearl is at 27 file free and I still look for things to keep it going higher but i simply will run out of the fun and functionality of it if I go too much further.
    Im hittin 22.5 after reset, may i inquire, sir,

what apps u runnin?
    11-04-08 02:34 PM
    haha surely but your gonna hear what you prolly dont wanna hear...
    4.5 os upgrade (where I got mondo more file free)
    soft reset
    nintai
    google maps
    lots of music and vids on my micro sd.
    deleted all that I felt I wouldnt use or never did.
    followed those instructions for gaining file free.
    only one extra theme besides what came on it and that is the today plus.

thats about it.

all email apps still there as well as browser and alarms etc.

Just widdled down to what I would use all the time and I dont miss any of what I deleted.

ps. just did a soft reset with the soft reset app and have 2730045 file free

may I ask what all apps you are using crispycutz?
    Last edited by gtfrede; 11-04-08 at 09:45 PM.
    11-04-08 09:37 PM
    22.74! (deleted a quick launch )

oh riiide... i got
    AutoLock
    BrickBreaker
    CBLauncher
    Facebook
    OperaMini
    GoogleMaps
    qsms (quick sms compose)
    Zman's Bold Pearl theme (can get rid of the default today and icon themes w/o losing function)
    SoftReset
    Stockquote

rest I think are needed... ie
    browser (?)
    email setup
    4.5's etc.
    11-05-08 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD