Hi All,
    I've searched here and the web in general with no luck. Does anybody know of an SMS app that DOES NOT thread? I am not willing to go back to 4.7 just to loose that .....darned....threaded SMS but sometimes I'm tempted. I HATE it and just want back what I had. Any help would be appreciated. And if you are tempted to respond and tell me how much you *love* threaded SMS, well good for you. But please resist the urge. I want to replace it, not be persuaded to like it.....
    05-22-10 03:34 PM
    I do not think there is a app for that. Did you try to google your question?
    05-22-10 03:52 PM
    I do not think there is a app for that. Did you try to google your question?
    Yeah. No joy there. Did a search on here and Berryreview and Pinstack.
    I'm about to give up.....
    05-22-10 04:28 PM
    Have to say that I agree. I HATE the threaded SMS. I have been looking for a way to get rid of it myself. Hope you find an answer.
    05-22-10 07:11 PM
    Does Empower's SMS Viewer fit the bill? It's been a while since I've used it after upgrading to a BB with OS 5, so honestly I don't recall. Have you looked at it? Or is one "stuck" with threaded SMS with OS 5?

Empower SMS Viewer for Blackberry
    05-22-10 07:52 PM
    I don't know if you can set it as the default, but you can get back to the original look through the BB Menu > View Folder > SMS Inbox/OutBox.
    05-22-10 08:46 PM
    Does Empower's SMS Viewer fit the bill? It's been a while since I've used it after upgrading to a BB with OS 5, so honestly I don't recall. Have you looked at it? Or is one "stuck" with threaded SMS with OS 5?

Empower SMS Viewer for Blackberry
    I went to the webpage and dl'd the file. The latest OS they show support for is 4.7. Don't know if it'll run on 5.0.......
    05-22-10 09:19 PM
    I don't know if you can set it as the default, but you can get back to the original look through the BB Menu > View Folder > SMS Inbox/OutBox.
    You can also go into the SMS app and hit "Alt S" and get the same view. Except it's only temp and also shows all saved messages as well. I don't understand why RIM had to make it a non-option change. You would think that on something like this they would at least give you a choice. I'll keep my fingers crossed that on 6.0 they pull their head's back out of their.........
    05-22-10 09:23 PM
    + 1

RIM must give option what we want to see: threaded or Non threaded
    05-22-10 11:08 PM
    I have the torch 9800, hate threading and alt+S doesn't change it. I've noticed the SMS Inbox (only) is the "old stye" of text without chat presentation so is there a way to do 1 of three things:

-Either make a shortcut to SMS inbox (NOT the general text message screen)
    -DL an app for the 9800 that takes you straight to your SMS inbox or
    -downgrade the torch from os 6 to os 4.6 or 4.5?

Much thnx.
    01-29-11 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD