I have the Bold 9900 with Rogers.

I can download the free Nobex app from app world if I want before the deadline. However, I was wondering, what is the difference?

My 9900 came loaded with Slacker radio but I never registered or opened the app yet.

So, should I download and use Nobex Premium (for free) or would Slacker radio do just about the same thing if I decide to use it on the "free" service.

Thank you for the advice.
    12-29-11 05:44 PM
    Download the free version anyway as it's free you don't need to use it but once you have it in your "My App World" I understand that it's yours to keep and then re-install when you need / want to
    12-29-11 05:50 PM
    Slacker and Nobex are completely different animals. Nobex lets you listen to radio stations (like, say, your hometown news, sports or music radio stations and internet only stations) that broadcast over the internet. Slacker helps you build your own interactive playlists filled with a lot of music that they hope you'll like based on what you've told them that you do and don't like.

The main difference between Nobex versions is that basic lets you listen to U.S. stations and Premium lets you also listen to international stations.

I'd say grab the Nobex Premium while it's there and see if you like it. If you want to try Slacker or Pandora at some point, do that too.

)
    12-29-11 11:25 PM
    It's a no-brainer. Get the Nobex while it's free.
    12-30-11 04:31 AM
    I personally like the Nobex Radio. I get to listen to the smooth jazz station I miss from LA (bout the only thing I miss from LA...) I found slacker to be a hassle, picking and choosing which songs to hear (though I'm sure once you get through all that, it's much nicer).
    12-30-11 09:21 AM
    I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this but the Nobex Premium Compliments of Blackberry is not yours to keep as, I recently upgraded to a new device and downloaded Nobex Premium Compliments of Blackberry but its's not premium anymore its just the regular version and prompt me to upgrade to premium, I've downloaded it from app world using same BB ID
    01-06-12 01:12 PM
    For streaming of broadcast stations Tune In can't be neat.
    Nobex is OK, but I like Tune In much better.
    It is also free with add support and the Pro is available for 99 cents and removes the adds
    01-07-12 05:43 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this but the Nobex Premium Compliments of Blackberry is not yours to keep as, I recently upgraded to a new device and downloaded Nobex Premium Compliments of Blackberry but its's not premium anymore its just the regular version and prompt me to upgrade to premium, I've downloaded it from app world using same BB ID
    The giveaway is over, so that makes sense... Did you try injecting the cod file? I'm happy to send it to you if you like...
    01-07-12 09:30 PM
    I thought I had downloaded it while it was free, guess I didn't. I just finished using the basic Slacker, and it is okay for basic. What I would like to know is, am I able to get the Nobex premium that was free? If so how would I do that. If not I guess I'm SOL right?
    01-11-12 10:25 PM
    The giveaway is over, so that makes sense... Did you try injecting the cod file? I'm happy to send it to you if you like...
    I did download it and was using it all the time. After the upgrade of my device I received a message of "not found module" for some apps. I deleted them and re-installed, ALL the complimentary apps were re-installed except Nobex. Not even the back up will do the trick. What is the module? How do I get access to it? Thank you in advance
    01-24-12 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD