So I read several threads where people said they're using this program as a music identification program. I downloaded it and am confused. I only see an option to stream one station-no option to identify a song playing (in the car or a store, for example). Am I correct in understanding that the "song identification" is only that you can see what song the radio station on Nobex is playing? Sorry for creating another "music ID" post, but after going through multiple Nobex threads, I didn't have a specific answer to this question.
    01-14-09 05:06 AM
    You can hold it up to the radio and say what's this lol. Basically it just tells you what the name of a song/ artist is on a station.

Edit: and play some of the stations by streaming
    01-14-09 05:20 AM
    Basically it just tells you what the name of a song/ artist is on a station.
    Meaning the station in Nobex NOT a station playing in your car?

I can only see this being useful if you hear a song on the radio and then open Nobex and see if that radio station's available to see what song's playing. I'll stick with Slacker for radio streaming even though it doesn't have local stations.
    01-14-09 05:31 AM
    I always assumed the idea was that if there was a song you wanted hear you could try to find it on Nobex and then play it.
    01-14-09 06:39 AM
    Check the nobex site you should find some answers there. I used it for a while. I live near detroit and had several local stations that would stream thru nobex while that station was streaming I could see the current song and artist with album artwork as well as the previous 30 minutes playlist. Worked great for me. I haven't reinstalled it yet after my last os update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD