I installed "Nobex Radio Premium - Compliments of Blackberry" in December. There is now an upgrade available (v.3.3.14) on AppWorld. Some posters have reported issues when re-installing this application after the "complimentary" offer expired on December 31, having it revert to the non-premium version. Does anyone know whether accepting this "Free upgrade" will result in being reverted to the non-premium version of Nobex Radio?
    01-14-12 02:51 PM
    Hi,

When I installed the free premimum version, I assumed it replaced the free version since I have only one icon on my Bold 9930. When I go to Options, Device, Applications management I can see both programs are installed. I had the same question that you had. I got the first notice for upgrading the free version, several of the files are shared, and the upgrade told me if I proceeded, over writing some of the files would render my premium version inoperable. I decided to not update especially since I was having no issues with Nobex Premium Compliments of Blackberry. The very next day, I got a notification from App World that an update to Nobex Premium Compliments of Blackberry was available (same version number as the update for the free version). I proceeded with the update for the compliments of blackberry version, got 8 or 9 warning messages about over writing the files of the free version of Nobex (I did so because who cares about making the free version inoperable when I now have a free copy of the premium version and I can always re-download the free version at any time.)

Hopefully you will get a notice to update your copy of the premium version in the next several days. On the premium upgrade, just say "yes" to over writing the files of the free version and make sure you edit the permissions to the upgrade. I have had no issues so far.

Cheers
    01-14-12 03:12 PM
    I also installed Nobex Premium during the complimentary promo. I upgraded my 8530 OS5 to NP v3.3.xx yesterday as prompted. I have had no problems with the app since upgrading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CharlesH likes this.
    01-15-12 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD