So, I got a new phone because I cracked the screen on my other one.

Pretty much the only app I use every day is QL. I went to put it on my phone by opening my app world, which it already said I bought it, so it reinstalled it and gave me my activation code, I entered it, it said invalid code.

Tried to uninstall and reinstall, same thing. So I went and repurchased it (so I've paid for the app twice), and it gave me a different act code. Tried it, same message. Uninstall, reinstall, use new code, same message.

Emailed Nikkisoft support FOUR times and politely asked how I can get this to work, no response to any of them.

Saw somewhere on CB that CheetahAce has something to do with QL, PM'ed him, no response.

Is there no more existing support for this program anywhere? I'd really like to get it working especially since I paid for it twice.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    07-18-10 10:38 PM
    To me, this sounds like an app world problem. App world is complete crap, and if I was you, I would cut my losses with app world and deal only with mobihand. I have dealt with cheetahace and nikkisoft personally, and he's always be more than willing to help, so he might just be busy. I know he's getting ready to roll out a new QL 3.0 for the storm, so he's been extremely busy I'm sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 10:46 PM
    To me, this sounds like an app world problem. App world is complete crap, and if I was you, I would cut my losses with app world and deal only with mobihand. I have dealt with cheetahace and nikkisoft personally, and he's always be more than willing to help, so he might just be busy. I know he's getting ready to roll out a new QL 3.0 for the storm, so he's been extremely busy I'm sure.

Yeah when I purchased it the second time, I did buy it from mobihand. Not sure what the problem is, and I'm not trying to bash anyone because I realize people are busy, I just want to get the problem fixed.
    07-18-10 11:02 PM
    Yeah when I purchased it the second time, I did buy it from mobihand. Not sure what the problem is, and I'm not trying to bash anyone because I realize people are busy, I just want to get the problem fixed.
    CheetahAce is a one-man operation who tries to have a life in addition to working on his app.

He responds to email to [email protected] but usually doesn't check private messages... as most of the QL threads say.

Your real beef is with AppWorld. They should have updated your PIN and issued a new code... but as dirtybird072 indicated, their support is awful.

The issue may be purchasing the same app at two places. Your QL activation code is tied to the PIN, and there might be a problem with two codes for the same device. I know he was making adjustments to the activation server recently... but if I told you how I know, I would have to kill you.

Deep breath... I'm sure he will respond soon. Make sure your emails include the PIN for your new & old devices, plus the activation codes from both Crapworld & Mobihand.
    07-19-10 01:21 AM
    CheetahAce is a one-man operation who tries to have a life in addition to working on his app.

He responds to email to [email protected] but usually doesn't check private messages... as most of the QL threads say.

Your real beef is with AppWorld. They should have updated your PIN and issued a new code... but as dirtybird072 indicated, their support is awful.

The issue may be purchasing the same app at two places. Your QL activation code is tied to the PIN, and there might be a problem with two codes for the same device. I know he was making adjustments to the activation server recently... but if I told you how I know, I would have to kill you.

Deep breath... I'm sure he will respond soon. Make sure your emails include the PIN for your new & old devices, plus the activation codes from both Crapworld & Mobihand.
    Like I said, I understand and am not trying to bash anyone or take time from anyones life.

The 4 emails I sent were to [email protected].
    07-19-10 08:52 AM
    .......if I was you, I would cut my losses with app world and deal only with mobihand......
    This is sort of what I did when I went from my Tour to my Bold. Any app I have to pay for, or something free but with versions I want support for, I use the Crackberry Store/Mobi. I will utilize App world, but only for freebie items like the TiVo Schedule, USA Today, etc......
    07-19-10 10:08 AM
    RIM should rename that thing crApp World. +1 for mobihand.com
    07-19-10 10:11 AM
    I've been having the same problem. i cracked my screen a while ago and got a replacement phone. And my quicklaunch activation code will not work either. I have deleted and reinstalled both quicklaunch and appworld multiple times and it does not work. I was even given another activation code which did not work. I do not believe there is any support from Nikkisoft. The 2 or 3 times i have emailed them all they do is send back an email saying do not respond to that email and all they do is send you a FAQ list with fixes to common problems. That is a lackluster way giving customer support.
    07-19-10 10:29 AM
    I've had nothing but prompt and satisfying results from the support email address. If its one guy, kudos for being on top of things!

When I restored aps to my replacement I freaked at first because my old code didn't work for QL but then I checked my email. New code, everything is cool.

07-19-10 11:15 AM
    You might want to check your spam folder and make sure it's not there.

07-19-10 11:49 AM
    email sent to support@nikk... get an auto reply in 3 seconds that takes care of 95% of the issues for 95% of the people. if you READ that email it says if this email doesnt handle your situation to email me at the other address stated in the email. when you do that i answer immediately. every email and issue gets addressed and fixed by me. so this means either you didnt read the email you received or it went to your spam folder. no other possible scenarios.
    07-19-10 11:50 AM
    Don't get apps through App World. They don't update activation codes at all. I had that issue with my BerryWeather when I switched phones a few weeks ago. From now on, if it has an activation code then I will get it thorough Mobihand. At least they automatically update with a code to match the new PIN.
    07-19-10 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD