Shame shame on Starbucks!!!

http://www.starbucks.com/coffeehouse/mobile-apps/starbucks-card-mobile-bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 07:33 PM
    I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but on my Bold-9700 i have no issues with starbucks app
    10-01-11 11:28 PM
    Oh, i see now what you was meaning, sorry i should open link before post it

wtf....what about those who's already have it and using it, is that means i'm no longet can reload $$$ on my phone ?
    10-01-11 11:31 PM
    Reload works along with everything else. I just used the mobile payment a few hours ago and all is good. Development for the app is on hold.

joju58 likes this.
    10-02-11 12:26 AM
    I'm glad I re-downloaded it last week.
    10-02-11 12:43 AM
    Reload works along with everything else. I just used the mobile payment a few hours ago and all is good. Development for the app is on hold.

Great !!! At least right?
    10-02-11 01:00 AM
    I sent them an e-mail about this--we'll see if I get a response. Someone posted in the OS 7 folder, Applications Available thread, a link to a .jad where you can still download and install this app.
    10-02-11 11:21 AM
    http://mobilecarddownload.starbucks....MobileCard.jad

Its not the same app as before but essentially does the same as the one we're used to. Works on my 9700. Good luck with yours

10-02-11 12:58 PM
    Starbucks response:

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts regarding the Blackberry application with us. It is very helpful to hear what our customers have to say as we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our products and service in order to better meet--and hopefully exceed--our customers' expectations. I will share your comments with the departments that are working on the application for their attention.

We realize that acting on feedback is essential to Starbucks continued success and are always grateful to receive suggestions from our customers.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to improve our services. I hope you continue enjoying Starbucks coffee for years to come.

Best Regards,

Thomas M
    Starbucks Coffee Company
    800 STARBUC (782-7282)
    Monday through Friday, 5 AM to 8PM (PST)
    dkc9646 likes this.
    10-04-11 01:44 AM
    not good! we are seeing more and more apps being taken a way from blacberry, starbucks, nook, sirius (although not taken away, but not updating) Maybe companies are waiting for the transition to be complete, but doesn't bode well in my opinion!
    10-04-11 09:51 AM
    reason #1201 im getting the i4s or i5 or whatever it is. i want to be able to do more than text and email on a phone.
    10-04-11 09:55 AM
    Works fine on my 9930
    10-04-11 10:45 AM
    Works fine on my 9850 too--but only because we have this backdoor link to still access this app. 99% of people are not aware of this...
    10-04-11 01:01 PM
    reason #1201 im getting the i4s or i5 or whatever it is. i want to be able to do more than text and email on a phone.
    Yeah, I feel ya. But pretty pleased with OS 7 and all the apps that DO work. Besides, remember that calendar and e-mail are pretty lame on iOS. If you don't care about those things, then it's probably a better choice for you.
    10-04-11 01:03 PM
    I am in the middle of getting a new phone... I currently have a phone with os6, but i am getting one with os5. Hopefully I will still be able to download it when I get my new bb!
    10-04-11 09:33 PM
    I am in the middle of getting a new phone... I currently have a phone with os6, but i am getting one with os5. Hopefully I will still be able to download it when I get my new bb!
    Huh? Moving back to OS5? Hope you enjoy that browser again...
    10-05-11 12:17 AM
    I literally, just picked up a 9810. Several apps didn't transfer from my 9700, which was expected going from OS6 to OS7, but this is an app I use several times a week. Do we know if the link posted, will work on OS7?
    10-06-11 07:13 PM
    I literally, just picked up a 9810. Several apps didn't transfer from my 9700, which was expected going from OS6 to OS7, but this is an app I use several times a week. Do we know if the link posted, will work on OS7?
    It works on my Torch 9850. It's obviously formatted for a lower-res screen, so the background doesn't take up the full screen, but it still scans with no problems.
    10-06-11 07:22 PM
    I sent them an e-mail about this--we'll see if I get a response. Someone posted in the OS 7 folder, Applications Available thread, a link to a .jad where you can still download and install this app.
    Going to do the same. Strength in numbers...
    ChrisInSD likes this.
    10-07-11 09:16 PM
    Can someone re-post the ota link. The link shows "this is a test page" on it. No download.
    11-08-11 07:58 AM
    There is no OTA right now. None. Nada. Zip.

Starbucks is rewriting the app, and according to a response I got from a letter I sent them, they hope to be releasing their new BlackBerry app "ASAP", but no specific target date was supplied.

We are all in the same boat. We want our Starbucks app, but must learn to be patient.

Now, if anybody who still has the app on their phone cares to try and extract the .cod file, and provide a link for it, then perhaps some of us might be able to try and BBSAK it onto our phones and see if that works. Hmmm?
    11-08-11 10:01 AM
    There is no OTA right now. None. Nada. Zip.

Starbucks is rewriting the app, and according to a response I got from a letter I sent them, they hope to be releasing their new BlackBerry app "ASAP", but no specific target date was supplied.

We are all in the same boat. We want our Starbucks app, but must learn to be patient.

Now, if anybody who still has the app on their phone cares to try and extract the .cod file, and provide a link for it, then perhaps some of us might be able to try and BBSAK it onto our phones and see if that works. Hmmm?
    Thats cool. They should update their site.

"Thanks for your interest in Starbucks Card Mobile for BlackBerry. We�re currently evaluating support for the BlackBerry platform and will no longer be offering our current application to new users."

That doesn't sound like they are currently working on a new app at all. Hopefully they do and make it available in canada. Right now all over the news...the news for gods sake theres stories of how theres a starbucks iPhone app. RIM should be contacting starbucks and help them build the app. Same goes for netflix, Skype, hulu..etc.
    11-08-11 05:48 PM
    Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Starbucks is not hating on BlackBerry. It could be
    a technical issue. I mean, maybe they could not add more users. Really, how many more lines can a person draw & fit in that little barcode box?
    11-08-11 07:26 PM
    Hate to bump an old thread but here is one I found today. Works perfect on my 9930.

http://hatax.home.comcast.net/~hatax...MobileCard.jad
    ChrisInSD and gtiffany like this.
    01-03-12 12:17 PM
    Not sure if the upgrade to 7.1 did it, but installed this link on my 9850 and the screen resolution is all screwed up. It seems like it might work (I can make the barcode display, but can't see the whole screen) but haven't tried it.

UPDATE: Used it this morning and it works. Guess it'll do until we get a proper app (hoping we do!)
    Last edited by ChrisInSD; 02-13-12 at 01:19 PM.
    02-11-12 01:54 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD