Several of my apps have had recent upgrades but no app world notification was pushed to the home screen of the phone. I had to go into app world, then my world to see the upgrades. Anyone else experiencing this? I have the latest version of app world.
    12-19-11 07:09 PM
    for me, they always show up in my notifications after a reboot. I will reboot from time to time just to see if there are any updates. this could be considered the lazy way (compared to going into app world as you described).
    12-19-11 07:19 PM
    It will eventually get a notification but we all know they're updated right away through Crackberry. I've seen comments that they don't send out an upgrade notification all at once to avoid a rush of people trying to download at once. Otherwise they show up if you refresh the list often times. Doing an alt r s t refreshes if you haven't upgraded the app world app to a newer version also.
    12-19-11 07:29 PM
    I get notifications for the ones I have downloaded and installed. I don't see update notices until going to My World for ones like BB podcasts and bb protect which I have not yet activated. It may be carrier related.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-11 08:34 PM
    I wondered why I'd had no update notifications for any of my apps but when I went into My World today I was informed of 5 updates available. Like others I used to get the notification pushed to me but now it seems I had to go to App World -> My world and check manually
    12-20-11 02:15 PM
    Maybe this is an app specific problem or just an overall app world issue..would be nice if the updates were "pushed" to the home screen of the phone
    12-20-11 06:53 PM
    This happened to me with the Evernote app. I used the feedback tool to contact the devs. A couple of mornings later (after an overnight reboot), I had an email from the devs as well as an App World notification

It's probably a region/carrier thing...
    12-20-11 07:10 PM
    hmmm thats interesting...its just a strange issue as i used to get the "pushed" notifications on previous versions of app world
    12-20-11 07:17 PM
    I just found the timing of both occurrences (email and notification) interesting. Anyways, here's what the Evernote team had to say for their specific app, maybe it applies to App World in general:

This may have happened if you were attempting to download from Blackberry App World, and that this has failed, and is now is a "stuck" mode, or if App World does not detect your phone as a compatible device.
    12-20-11 07:22 PM
    I am going to guess it's a general app world issue since i got the "pushed" notifications on earlier versions (on apps such as weather channel, poynt, blackberry messenger, pandora, etc.)
    12-20-11 07:32 PM
    welp...had two notifications "pushed" to my phone today. Blackberry traffic and bloomberg so maybe the issued is fixed?
    12-22-11 10:39 PM
    Went in to myworld today and had 3 upgrades that were available but were not pushed to the phone. I wish they were "pushed" so i wouldn't have to go in manually to check. Is this a carrier issue?
    05-06-12 04:22 PM
    When I go to MyWorld there is not notification but if I open each app individually, I see there are upgrades. What's going on here?
    05-07-12 05:13 AM
    In my case, I have to open My App World before it would detect the upgrades and then the notification icon pops up.
    05-07-12 06:01 AM
    So I went to Betazone because I remember I was running a beta, and sure enough, the newer AppWorld is available to download to fix notifiction problems. Of course, I was never notified cause I was running the problem one! LMAO.
    So the newest AppWorld is 3.1.2.32 and available here
    05-07-12 06:21 AM
    I'm running that version but still experience updates not getting pushed.
    05-07-12 06:47 AM
    I think RIM servers takes time to push the update to our notification area to reduce network load. They probably doing selective push; batch of users at a time. But, we can always get the updates by going to My World and refreshing the app list.
    05-07-12 09:51 AM
    I think RIM servers takes time to push the update to our notification area to reduce network load. They probably doing selective push; batch of users at a time. But, we can always get the updates by going to My World and refreshing the app list.

Umm yeah no. It doesn't work that way for me. When I refresh with my World open I don't see any notifications. I have to open each app individually to see which has an update. Like where you see delete or reinstall? That's where it shows me the update. Annoying to have to open each app to find out.

Sent from my BB Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-07-12 10:55 AM
    I don't get App World notifications pushed with the new version of App World either. I have to manually go into it and check for upgrades.
    05-07-12 03:32 PM
    For me it seems to be hit or miss depending on what the app is..this has been true on various versions of app world. I haven't gotten a push app world notification since December and clearly i've updated some of my apps since then. I've upgraded to the newest version of app world so we'll see what happens.
    05-07-12 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD