I'm a new BB user and just about have my Curve 8900 set up as I want. But in reading a lesson in the BB 101 series, I discovered I'm supposed to have a phone icon (Duh!) that allows access to a number of functions, and my device doesn't have one. What should I do?
    08-01-09 03:20 AM
    You can access the phone app by pressing the green phone button on your device. But if you still want the icon, check to see if it is hidden. Press the BB key and select "Show All" to show all hidden icons. Now look through your folders and icons for the phone app. Once found, highlight the app, press the bb key and select "Hide". Now press the bb key once again and select "Show All" to make the hidden icons disappear once again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 03:35 AM
    Just press the Call key (green phone) and it brings up the phone app. Press Menu to get at the Options and functions.

You can also try looking in your Applications folder if you have one.

08-01-09 03:37 AM
    You might have hidden it, I had hidden the Applications folder that xlider is talking about and found it in there.
    08-01-09 10:04 AM
    I don't have one either on my Tour nor do I want one. You can access it too ways: from hitting the green send key or (depending on your model/OS) holding in the blackberry button the phone icon will come up.

08-01-09 01:05 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    08-02-09 04:35 PM
    just a bit of clarification on jonezed7's post, he means that by bringing up the app switcher, and scrolling through the apps to find the "phone" app, not that it will bring up the phone app
    08-02-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD