Please! Has anyone yet solved the puzzle of how you can get the new OS if tethered? I use Verizon Access Mgr and as soon as BB tries to load the "radio will be turned off." There goes the new OS. Is there a way to work around this when you are "on the road". Appreciate all the "good stuff" in these pages.
    10-26-09 12:16 PM
    download the file from verizon's website.
    10-26-09 12:17 PM
    Thanks so much for your suggestion. May I ask that you enlighten me as to the quote? Have a great week.
    10-26-09 12:27 PM
    Welcome! And as for the quote, it's from Dante. Depending on the translation, it means "Abandon hope all ye who enter."
    10-26-09 12:30 PM
    search for the thread called those with tethering issues. That might help ya out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 12:33 PM
    Get TetherBerry (from tetherberry.com). Use that to tether instead of VZ Access Manager.

I've done several OS upgrades in the past using TB for my Internet connection.

Oh, and go to Verizon's website and download the new version of the OS first, install it on your PC, then use Desktop Manager to do the upgrade.
    10-26-09 01:34 PM
    Get TetherBerry (from tetherberry.com). Use that to tether instead of VZ Access Manager.

I've done several OS upgrades in the past using TB for my Internet connection.

Oh, and go to Verizon's website and download the new version of the OS first, install it on your PC, then use Desktop Manager to do the upgrade.
    Yeah, but the way he was trying to do it is impossible. He was asking about how to do it through DM while tethering.
    10-26-09 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD