i have the facebook app on my blackberry 8530.. and for a while now no notifications have come through the app...i have facebook mobile messages come 2 my phone..but no notifications through the app??? Help please i want to take facebook mobile off asap so i can just use my app
    03-10-10 08:42 AM
    Have you checked the options ? In facebook mobile app options- you need to select Connect your Facebook account with - Blackberry message application.
    03-10-10 08:46 AM
    yes all of the options are set..i used to get the notifications now i dont..crazy
    03-10-10 08:50 AM
    oh thats weird.
    03-10-10 08:55 AM
    That App never works well. Have you checked your settings on a main computer?
    03-10-10 08:57 AM
    My FB app wasn't working correctly for the pasr 2 weeks, hooever it is working well now. I blame FB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 09:06 AM
    is there a better app i can get...i hate the social beat app?? and yes all the settings i even restored the default settings..lol
    03-10-10 09:06 AM
    I think it's just the facebook app...It didn't work very well on mine either so I took it off and just use text message notifications now
    03-10-10 11:07 AM
    Mine doesn't allow me to connect with Blackberry Contact Application.
    03-10-10 11:28 AM
    check this thread on facebook -

Blackberry Contact Application | Facebook
    03-10-10 11:31 AM
    found this on above thread-

The most common cause is that people either don't have their Facebook account configured to send notifications to their BlackBerry email address, or don't have the email address they have defined in Facebook set up in BIS. That's the first thing people need to check that are having this problem. If you're using your BlackBerry email address, go to the following link and make sure under "Contact Email" you have your BlackBerry email address defined:

https://register.facebook.com/editaccount.php

Also check this link and make sure where it says "Email me at" that is has your BlackBerry email address.

If any other email address shows up in either of those links, then Facebook notifications aren't going to work, UNLESS you have whatever email address does show up set up in your BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) settings.
    03-10-10 11:34 AM
    I have a question with the BB email and FB application.
    I have a gmail account. I had my email set up on my 8330 through the Set-Up email just through BB. I am not able to do everything I wanted to do with that app, so I downloaded the Gmail application from google and deleted the email directly through my BB.

Now I am not getting my notifications on my FB app because I do not have an email set up on my BB. Is there a way to have my gmail account set up on my BB so that I can get my FB notifications but only use the Gmail app for my email and not have to worry about the BB email app?

(Sorry if it doesn't make sense...)
    03-10-10 03:27 PM
    I've noticed that my notifications aren't consistant using an @att email so I'm using a gmail and its working pretty well. Though I'm sure some of the problems lie with Facebook...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD