Hello!

I just got my 9700 from Rogers, it came with OS v5.0.0.743 on it.

However, I can't find the icons for BB Maps, Application Center, and App World ANYWHERE!!! I checked in the "Applications" and it says they are installed.

How do I open them?
    08-17-10 09:48 PM
    I have very limited experience with Blackberries in general, but the one thing I did learn is that the menu key almost always provides the answers, however if you can't find the icons themselves I'm at a loss, not having the device in front of me. Usually when something disappears from the menu files, it's appeared on the main screen as a shortcut/icon.
    08-17-10 11:08 PM
    No, nothing disappeared... It was never there in the first place. I just got my BB, with a 6GB data plan, and I swear I just cant find these icons anywhere.
    08-17-10 11:26 PM
    So from your main screen you go into the menu, then go to the applications folder... then what are your options?
    08-17-10 11:29 PM
    Tasks, Calculator, Sheets to Go, Word To Go, Slideshow to go, files, voice dialing thats it.
    08-17-10 11:40 PM
    Did you download these or were the pre-installed items? If installed you might find them in the "downloads" file under main menu...
    08-17-10 11:51 PM
    All were pre-installed. Like I said, they show up in the Options/Applications as installed, but I do not see them in the menu. My Downloads folder only has Trillian Messenger, and if I was to go to BlackBerry's site to download the AppWorld, it tells me that my device is Unsupported - this: "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World."

I just fail to understand how that is possible, its a brand new Bold...
    08-17-10 11:58 PM
    do a battery pull
    08-17-10 11:59 PM
    do a battery pull
    LOL! always the first answer to any smartphone problem. amazingly enough it usually works. either that or, if something stored on the sd card, pull it and replace then reboot. "smart" my ****!
    08-18-10 12:02 AM
    Did it like 20 times already...

Can it by any chance be because of my provider? Like could Rogers could have screwed up the activation of a data plan, activated it as an iPhone or something, and this is why I am unable to see the AppWorld?

Browser loads fine through 3G though. Does Rogers need to enable something on my plan so that is BB-Specific?

But then again, shouldn't the AppWorld show up regardless?
    08-18-10 12:03 AM
    make sure no icons are hidden. app world can only be accessed with a proper BB data plan. do you have a blackberry data plan or just a regular data plan. its possible that if you dont have the proper data plan, the lack of service books are blocking the use of BB maps and App World. do you have email and BBM working?
    08-18-10 12:10 AM

Can it by any chance be because of my provider? Like could Rogers could have screwed up the activation of a data plan, activated it as an iPhone or something, and this is why I am unable to see the AppWorld?

Browser loads fine through 3G though. Does Rogers need to enable something on my plan so that is BB-Specific?

yes, very possible, happens often. contact customer care from the phone and they can tell you right away.
    08-18-10 12:27 AM
    yes, very possible, happens often. contact customer care from the phone and they can tell you right away.
    Actually, call customer care from a DIFFERENT phone, so they can fix it while you're on the line.

If you call from you're cell, they will tell you to call them back on another line. But Rogers absolutely did this to a friend of mine the other day. Try BBM, if your data plan isn't proper, Blackberry Messenger won't let you add people/message contacts if you had any.
    08-18-10 12:39 AM

I had the same problem( with Virgin mobile) when attempting to load from my desktop manager, tried everything to get the icon to show up even though it showed when I checked applications through options/applications.

Went to Blackberry.com and loaded it directly from them and the icon is now available onscreen

version .862
    Last edited by ShadowMonster2; 09-25-10 at 06:42 PM.
    09-25-10 06:07 PM
    Never had that problem with telus mobility.

Call the provider and ask them if you have a blackberry data plan and also, like shadowmaster said, download it from the website using your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 09-26-10 at 01:56 AM.
    09-26-10 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD