Is it my phone or all Sprint 8530s?
    i have tried to buy and download many apps and games and each time i try to load them, i get the message that they cannot work on my device/carrier. But they work for other Sprint users.

So, is it just my phone or all Sprint 8530s?
    06-11-10 01:54 PM
    Is it my phone or all Sprint 8530s?
    i have tried to buy and download many apps and games and each time i try to load them, i get the message that they cannot work on my device/carrier. But they work for other Sprint users.

So, is it just my phone or all Sprint 8530s?
    Try updating your OS. Or try doing a battery pull. If they still don't work, contact Sprint.
    06-11-10 02:19 PM
    To me it sounds like you are downloading programs that are not supported for your phone/OS. Make sure the programs you are downloading are for OS5.0 and the 8520/8530. Programs will work - there is hope!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 04:48 PM
    To me it sounds like you are downloading programs that are not supported for your phone/OS. Make sure the programs you are downloading are for OS5.0 and the 8520/8530. Programs will work - there is hope!

Great idea! Can you tell me how to do that? There doesn't seem to be a way to filter for that, especially when the app says it is supported by all carriers and all phones and BBs using 5 or above....little frustrated here...
    06-11-10 05:14 PM
    When ever you download a program, like say from here on Crackberry, it will list what device the program is intended for. The biggest deal is the screen...some phones have the high resolution screen and some don't. The 8530 doesn't. So, either make sure the program is for your OS or, your device. If it doesn't list that - don't download it.

06-11-10 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD