Hi. I have a wierd problem. I haveboth the native browser and Opera browser installed And I dont have any bb data plan. When my wifi is off, Opera works fine and I am charged on the usage basis. I am thinking it must be the gprs. All apps like facebook, twitter etc also work. My native browser doesnt work then and it says that I dont have a blackberry plan. WHen I switch off my data plan and go to wifi, I my native browser works, but everything else doesnt. no apps and no opera. I dont want to be paying the data charges when i m at home with wifi available. What should I do? Even if there is an option of permanently disabling the gprs, I am cool with it. I dont want to pay to the service provider for things I am not using. Can you please help.
    11-22-11 03:24 AM
    I had a similar issue but I don't recall even the native browser working. I found it was a setting on the router. I had the security set to "WPA (TKIP)" and it didn't work but when I changed the setting on the router to "WPA (TKIP) and WPA (AES)", everything worked fine. BTW, I'm abbreviating the setting names as I am not in front of my home computer but you should be able to recognize it when you see it.
    11-22-11 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD