I'm coming from the Ipaq world and was hoping there was something like Resco backup for the BB?????? I surfed and found nothing. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to backup EVERYTHING including 3rd party apps to and be able to completely restore from a micoSD.
    08-07-09 11:24 PM
    So Backing up with DM to a file on the PC is not good enough? You could save the backup files on a microSD if you wanted I guess. Not quite sure what the advantages are.
    08-07-09 11:29 PM
    No, I'm certainly thankful that RIM has given us the ability to backup to PC; but on the Ipaq I can restore in the field without need of a PC...not that the BlackBerry would every crash when far away from a PC eh? Yes to keeping a copy of that Desktop made backup on the microSD but you still need a PC to recover right?
    08-07-09 11:42 PM
    You are correct.
    08-08-09 01:39 AM
    Check out Funambol. I used to use it for restoring "in the field" with my XV6800. It's a sync app that synchronizes to the Funambol server. If you check their main page, there is also an Outlook connector if you want to be truly synchronized at all times
    08-08-09 02:20 AM
    OK, I'm going to look like not only a noob but a daft noob....I've done the backup using DM but cannot find the file on the pic that should correstpond to my pin number.....I'm using Vista Home Premium if that matters.
    Seriously thankful for all the help here.
    08-08-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD