Hi,

I bought QuickLaunch through MobiHand and I just noticed they've closed down. I need an OTA link and activation code for QuickLaunch as I recently formatted my Blackberry 9700 (OS5).

I've emailed NikkiSoft twice but didn't get any response from them; is Nikkisoft still in business?
    10-09-12 09:42 PM
    I've been waiting months for a new code after switching devices. I have up hope.
    10-09-12 09:58 PM
    didn't theirs autocheck via the network? you could get the trial from appworld and see if it does. i printed out a copy of all my licenses from mobihand before it went down for proof
    10-09-12 10:09 PM
    That's unprofessional.

If they only respond to only NEW customers, i doubt they will have credibility in BlackBerry software market. Support is important to keep the customers.

I'd like to hear from others if they have similar encounters with NikkiSoft.
    10-09-12 10:12 PM
    didn't theirs autocheck via the network? you could get the trial from appworld and see if it does. i printed out a copy of all my licenses from mobihand before it went down for proof

There is no trial on Appworld. The one I found needs to pay for it before it allows you to download.
    10-09-12 10:17 PM
    I bought quicklaunch last year on my bold. changed to my torch and it says my activation code is not valid. I did the activation code recovery and their system emailed me the same code.

I gave up and moved on.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-09-12 11:28 PM
    Looks like I'm definitely not the one not getting a response from NikkiSoft. Someone should make this sticky and warn all potential customers.
    10-10-12 12:44 AM
    Checkout Advance OS and LED.

THe have an ilaunch feature.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-10-12 03:21 AM
    I got a response from NikkiSoft recently when I emailed them about a bug with bbm. Did you email them from their website? I saw in a post somewhere that one of their email accounts was closed and to use their website.
    10-10-12 04:07 AM
    I have been using QuickLaunch for years since it's inception. I have always received responses from NikkiSoft. As a matter of fact, I have never waited more that 5 - 10 minutes for a response. And, if I ever had issues he would go through marathon email sessions with me providing alternate OTA versions and assistance until things work properly. What is the email address that you are using?

I have seen so many people complain about the auto-gen emails that they have received from NikkiSoft, but a lot of people (not saying you specifically) never even have read the email that shows what the correct address is to use for support. Then come on the boards to dig into him, and find out that they have been doing things incorrectly the whole time.

Just note that...
    1) Device switches performed by MobiHand are/were completed by MobiHand. Not NikkiSoft. MobiHand was paid a portion of the revenue to handle that aspect of things. So, any default on device switches through them is their mismanagement.

2) If you perform an activation code recovery from the site, you will recover your current activation code for the device that it was provided for. Not a code for a new or switched device. Codes that were previously provided by MobiHand were associated to devices by the PIN number of that device. So, if you're asking for a code, you will receive the code that was provided to you for the PIN number provided at the time of the sale. Not a new device that you have switched to.

3) I can pretty much guarantee that if you contact NikkiSoft in a professional manner, you can have a new code for your new device probably within 5 minutes. He is very gracious about things like that. He probably has given away more copies of his app than he has sold. I can personally say this is true.

Again, what is the email address you have been using to contact NikkiSoft?
    wendybeee likes this.
    10-10-12 04:45 AM
    I also was just in communication with NikkiSoft the other day. They responded very quickly! Try using [email protected]

Great software and great support!
    10-10-12 07:08 AM
    I think Mobihand stiffed some Developers on their $. And if I'm not mistaking in one of the threads NikkiSoft explained you may have to purchase again thru app world.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-10-12 09:05 AM
    I also was just in communication with NikkiSoft the other day. They responded very quickly! Try using [email protected]

Great software and great support!
    Really? I've always used that e-mail to contact him in the past and while I've received responses then, I have not received anything through that e-mail at least within the past 5 months. Submitted a request to have an older version of QL that I registered to my device transferred to another... are older versions no longer supported?
    10-10-12 09:18 AM
    I had a problem with quickweather a few days ago, I contacted [email protected] and got answer immediately, then it went back and forth until everything worked, so I can't complain, I wonder what the problem might be...

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    MADBRADNYC and wendybeee like this.
    10-10-12 12:45 PM
    Yep. Still in business...
    I am also glad to report that the v4.5 upgrade just showed for me and installed without issue. Hope the upgrade is showing for you as well when things are sorted out!

Be Blessed...
    10-10-12 02:55 PM
    I was just in contact with them like a week ago.

They sent me a download link after i explained to them that i lost Quicklaunch app during a clean wipe install.
    10-10-12 06:12 PM
    I've been using QL for years, but...
    Beta tested the OS6 version of QL4, paid for it on AW, and can't download it (don't really care though, cuz TBH for OS6 3.7 is better than 4.0).
    Emailed support about activation code issues. Got a response of "that's weird" or something along those lines. Realized I could still use my code if I turned off WiFi/Cell Signal; I have to do that every week or so, when QL decides to deregister itself.
    Buddy of mine was going to update to 4.5 on his 9930; AW wanted to charge him $4 (which I assume means QL dev decided to require people to pay for the update).

All in all, seems that one of the best older BB devs has slipped pretty low (I've heard rumors that he thinks the PlayBook is a PoS and refuses to develop for it too, but I can't speak to the truth of that).
    We'll see what happens. There's plenty of other BlackBerry devs out there, and nothing by Nikkisoft is irreplaceable.
    10-10-12 07:03 PM
    I recently switched devices in mid September and of course because of the demise of Mobihand I could not get back Quick Weather or QuickLaunch. I emailed NikkiSoft and got a reply a few hours later. Amazing CS as always ! He was able to give me an OTA for Quick Weather and a keycode but unfortunetly I would have to re-buy QuickLaunch. He said it was cheaper to rebuy it right from the Nikkisoft website at $1.99 versus the $3.99 on AppWorld. Then a CB friend told me about : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post7616398 which is free and does the same thing as QuickLaunch and more.....so here's another option.
    10-10-12 08:24 PM
    I've been sending emails to [email protected] but didn't get any response.

I will try to send to [email protected].
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    10-10-12 09:49 PM
    I've been using QL for years, but...
    Beta tested the OS6 version of QL4, paid for it on AW, and can't download it (don't really care though, cuz TBH for OS6 3.7 is better than 4.0).
    Emailed support about activation code issues. Got a response of "that's weird" or something along those lines. Realized I could still use my code if I turned off WiFi/Cell Signal; I have to do that every week or so, when QL decides to deregister itself.
    Buddy of mine was going to update to 4.5 on his 9930; AW wanted to charge him $4 (which I assume means QL dev decided to require people to pay for the update).

All in all, seems that one of the best older BB devs has slipped pretty low (I've heard rumors that he thinks the PlayBook is a PoS and refuses to develop for it too, but I can't speak to the truth of that).
    We'll see what happens. There's plenty of other BlackBerry devs out there, and nothing by Nikkisoft is irreplaceable.
    Hey Shane!
    Good to hear from you!
    I hope all is good with your endeavors and family!

I cannot speak to your activation code issues, or your obvious belief in rumors, but I can definitely say that the v4.5 upgrade is free coming from v4.2. There was a glitch in AppWorld when it was submitted yesterday and plenty of people were charged, couldn't download the app like myself, or were receiving incorrect versions. This was an issue with AppWorld itself and not the developer. Your friend apparently did not attempt to contact the developer in regards to the problem before reporting that to you. I explained the issue to another member last evening here...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post7670293
    Although I do agree that there are plenty of alternatives out there...

Take care my friend....

Brad

---------- Post Merged at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:01 PM ----------
    I've been sending emails to [email protected] but didn't get any response.

I will try to send to [email protected].
    Great! Please report back with your findings after utilizing the correct email address.

Be Blessed...
    10-10-12 10:08 PM
    I moved on to shortcutme and wished I'd done so sooner. The macro feature in shortcutme is golden.
    10-12-12 11:18 PM