Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I was going to go to nikkisoft.com to see if their latest version of QuickLaunch was compatible with OS 6, and GOOGLE stopped me with a full page warning of "This site may Damage your Computer" Beware ... And it mentioned Malware???

Here is the search.(Look at top)

Why would google do that? But maybe it's a mistake??

While we're on the topic, does anyone know if latest Quicklaunch will work on OS 6?
    10-11-10 08:33 AM
    Why would you need QL if you have universal search
    10-11-10 08:42 AM
    I just like hitting spacebar and then one letter and whatever I've setup takes off.

Not that familiar with universal search, but I have played around with it.

Do you mean, type the name of app (or just enough to make the app you want come up) and then click it?
    10-11-10 09:00 AM
    For me Universal Search is ok but only when I am looking for certain things. QL is much faster to get to the application I need.

OP: A lot of times there is an ad or something that has a virus on the homepage of a site and Google sees that. Happens a lot lately.
    10-11-10 09:21 AM
    OP: A lot of times there is an ad or something that has a virus on the homepage of a site and Google sees that. Happens a lot lately
    I thought something weird like that was going on.

But I see you understand where I'm coming from. I can access an app in a second with quicklaunch, granted universal search is nice and powerful, but I like my buttons.

I'll see if quicklaunch or hotkeymanager are OS 6 compliant yet, and maybe they can hold me over until quicklaunch is working with OS 6?.(And it may very well be OS6 ready right now...that's what I'm trying to find out from other OS 6 users or Torch users.
    10-11-10 09:37 AM
    Universal search takes forever.
    Nikkisoft might not have purchased the security certificates to prove it's a legit site. I wouldn't if I hosted a site.
    10-11-10 05:47 PM
    Yes it works with OS6.
    10-11-10 05:56 PM
    Concur. QL3 works fine with OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 07:45 PM
    Ok, great.

My Version was bought from MobiHand and was for "OS 5x", so wasn't sure if it would work. Will install now.

Thanks
    10-11-10 08:02 PM
    anyone know how to get rid of that google warning? i've checked all the website code. nothing there. ran virus check etc etc. nothing. making me upset
    10-11-10 08:07 PM
    Google has a forum called Webmaster Central where website owners can go with questions. You could try there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 08:26 PM
    thanks. yea i've been there many times. no luck.
    10-11-10 09:43 PM
    Not sure if this can help, but check this link

Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for nikkisoft.com

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools.
    10-12-10 03:09 AM
    Not sure how far it you can go with getting Google to unflag you. I do not that the diagnostic page says nothing has been flagged in the past 90 days. I know it's longer than that, because I was searching for nikkisoft home page and August and didn't get warning.

EDIT:

Also, if you click one on the first domain name under "What happened when Google visited this site", you get this page:

Which says that malicious software hosted on the site infected nikkisoft.com. So it's not nikkisoft per se that's the issue.
    Last edited by wnm; 10-12-10 at 06:46 AM.
    10-12-10 06:42 AM
    I can vouch for nikkisoft, if they got infected it was NOT of their own doing, the owner is a longtime CBer, and one of the original stormies (like myself). He might not be the best at getting back to people (wink), but he's a straight up dude and would not plant a virus on his site, I can assure you of that!
    10-12-10 08:44 AM
    here's what i get from avast when i try to visit the website on a windows pc:

9/29/2010 10:20:29 PM http://www.nikkisoft.com/main/|>{gzip} [L] JS:Redirector-DC [Trj] (0)

from my mac the website works fine
    10-12-10 02:41 PM
    I don't know if this will help, but here is the full text when I directed my browser to NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher
    --
    Advisory provided by Google
    Safe Browsing
    Diagnostic page for nikkisoft.com

What is the current listing status for nikkisoft.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 6 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 110 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-10-10, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-10-09.

Malicious software includes 45 scripting exploit(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 5 domain(s), including ars2000.serveirc.com/, ans3000.servehttp.com/, tdt01.serveirc.com/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including ans2000.serveblog.net/, jcod01.serveblog.net/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS11798 (BLUEHOST).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, nikkisoft.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
    * If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
    10-12-10 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD